TBY Forum

TBY Forum (http://www.tobeyoung.org/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (http://www.tobeyoung.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ryan @ SXSW Austin March 17 support group thread. (http://www.tobeyoung.org/showthread.php?t=31905)

costa 03-08-2017 07:26 PM

Ryan @ SXSW Austin March 17 support group thread.

Thread for all the folks who want to attend the show at Moody Theater, but do not have passes or wristbands.

So, uh, any ideas?

Teenie Smith-Macbeth 03-17-2017 09:45 PM

Re: Ryan @ SXSW Austin March 17 support group thread.

I think this support group may have grown much larger if I'm hearing correctly.

costa 03-18-2017 11:44 AM

so they never made an announcement inside the venue when the cancellation happened, because they wanted to keep the showcase full for the other artists.

so they posted signs at the bar and box office saying ryan cancelled...so if you were already in the venue and didn't go to the bar, you wouldn't have known. i got a text from someone when i was sitting in my seat on the upper level.

all of his gear including the arcade machines were already on the stage under blankets, so i think it must've been a last minute cancellation and he was really trying to pull through by waiting it out until the end.

a lot of us without wristbands waited in line for 4 hours the morning of to get tickets....so that kind of stings. hopefully it isnt too serious and maybe just the flu or something.

sleigher 03-18-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by costa (Post 809234)
hopefully it isnt too serious and maybe just the flu or something.

heard its pneumonia

[oh the irony]

Tim Simmons 03-18-2017 02:37 PM

Bummer. This stuff happens though. That one gal who lost her shit on him on Twitter seems reasonable.

JackStark211 03-18-2017 03:19 PM

Bummer.

costa 03-18-2017 04:46 PM

yeah, some real crybabies on twitter.
he makes it to austin on the reg so im sure he will be back this year

LoadedLikeFreights 03-20-2017 10:25 AM

Holy shit, did I dodge a bullet on this. I was at SXSW for a week and due to fly home on Friday evening, a few hours before the show. Lucked into a free music wristband and was really wrestling with the idea of sticking around.

Ultimately, I was so exhausted and am seeing him soon anyway, so decided to go home. Turned on my phone when I landed to see the tweets about the cancellation.

I actually wasn't totally surprised. All his tweets for the last few days seemed to indicate he wasn't feeling great. He arrived in Austin on Weds I think and it seems like he wasn't out and about on Thurs or Fri at all