TBY Forum

TBY Forum (http://www.tobeyoung.org/index.php)
-   2017 (http://www.tobeyoung.org/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   09.23/24 Pilgrimage Festival- Franklin, TN (http://www.tobeyoung.org/showthread.php?t=32424)

andyo812 08-31-2017 08:20 AM

09.23/24 Pilgrimage Festival- Franklin, TN

Pretty stoked for this.

sweetillusions 09-04-2017 04:57 PM

Re: 09.23/24 Pilgrimage Festival- Franklin, TN

ryan, vedder and avett bros - wish i was going.

andyo812 09-24-2017 08:00 AM

Avetts and Gary Clark Jr. were incredible yesterday. RA today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleigher 09-25-2017 09:38 PM

niebuhr 09-26-2017 11:18 PM

I'd love to see a setlist from this show. It's a shame Ryan doesn't seem to bother posting festival setlists.

Loveishello86 09-27-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niebuhr (Post 817325)
I'd love to see a setlist from this show. It's a shame Ryan doesn't seem to bother posting festival setlists.

yeah why is that?

andyo812 09-28-2017 10:51 AM

No idea but the set list wasn’t super strong. He also left about ten minutes early (based on the posted schedule) with no encore. Vocals were on point and definitely seemed in OK spirits.

Karen Elson sang on a few songs as well.

Sorry, should’ve noted the set list, hopefully it shows up online eventually.

sleigher 09-28-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyo812 (Post 817344)

jack whites ex wife? interesting

Loveishello86 09-28-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyo812 (Post 817344)
No idea but the set list wasn’t super strong. He also left about ten minutes early (based on the posted schedule) with no encore. Vocals were on point and definitely seemed in OK spirits.

Sorry, should’ve noted the set list, hopefully it shows up online eventually.

I saw him during the European leg of his Prisoner tour and thought he sounded great but he was totally disengaged from the audience. I feel like unless he does a solo acoustic tour or does something with the stringdusters, i'll wait to see him again live for a while.

niebuhr 09-29-2017 03:42 AM

I disagree. The last thing I want right now is a solo tour. He's finally broken the band in, and the shows have a great energy from 1) being based around new(er) material and 2) Ryan getting off on playing with a band.

I hope the next step will be a new album involving these guys and taking this thing to the next level.

An acoustic tour will be (even more) Ryan-by-numbers than what you're describing, because he can only do so much with a guitar by himself. It's not really a challenge for him or an adventure. It's definitely something he does to put bread on the table, where as the band thing is something he throws his everything into.

an old love letter 11-14-2017 03:25 PM

Lol his acoustic setlists are so much deeper than One with a full band

andyo812 11-14-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an old love letter (Post 818572)
Lol his acoustic setlists are so much deeper than One with a full band

For sure. Dude needs to keep one band around for a bit so they can build some muscle.

niebuhr 11-17-2017 02:47 AM

"Lol his acoustic setlists are so much deeper than One with a full band"

Agree. The setlists are by nature more diverse when he's solo. Doesn't guarantee stellar performances though.

an old love letter 11-19-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niebuhr (Post 818638)
"Lol his acoustic setlists are so much deeper than One with a full band"

Agree. The setlists are by nature more diverse when he's solo. Doesn't guarantee stellar performances though.

Fair enough

I find it hard to believe though that he has more off nights solo than with a full band considering a full band has a bunch of moving parts.

That said I wish he’d do some more solo shows

DavidJWeisman 11-19-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveishello86 (Post 817350)
I saw him during the European leg of his Prisoner tour and thought he sounded great but he was totally disengaged from the audience. I feel like unless he does a solo acoustic tour or does something with the stringdusters, i'll wait to see him again live for a while.

I disagree. The last thing I want right now is a solo tour. He's finally broken the band in, and the shows have a great energy from 1) being based around new(er) material and 2) Ryan getting off on playing with a band.

I hope the next step will be a new album involving these guys and taking this thing to the next level.

An acoustic tour will be (even more) Ryan-by-numbers than what you're describing, because he can only do so much with a guitar by himself. It's not really a challenge for him or an adventure. male extra reviews http://thejemreport.com/male-extra-review-and-results/ It's definitely something he does to put bread on the table, where as the band thing is something he throws his everything into.

I would like to respectfully disagree on the "disengaged" part, I don't know why you feel so, I found him enchanting and connected (at least with me) with vibrating energy.

an old love letter 11-20-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidJWeisman (Post 818672)
I would like to respectfully disagree on the "disengaged" part, I don't know why you feel so, I found him enchanting and connected (at least with me) with vibrating energy.

I think some people feel like this because he’s less chatty then before. Also the “no encore” thing.

Which is funny because people used to bitch he talked all the time.

But a lot of the time on this tour he was able to play 24-26 songs so idk I’d take that over banter even though I like his banter. Also feel like after seeing a number shows in bigger and smaller markets especially the difference between Portland and Boston and I feel there’s a huge difference between mainstream Ryan and small town Ryan where he’s himself and playing things he b either never plays or hardly plays... he’s played Catherine and Stop You the last two times he’s come to Portland but anyways just my observations from going to shows and seeing people’s own reactions etc