TBY Forum

TBY Forum (http://www.tobeyoung.org/index.php)
-   Ryan Adams Blog (http://www.tobeyoung.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   attention "HEARTBREAKR" (http://www.tobeyoung.org/showthread.php?t=20846)

Feeds 12-29-2008 03:10 AM

attention "HEARTBREAKR"

I am not Kasey Casum and this is not the Top Twenty countdown but, Heartbreakr askerd me this so I will share. Also Heartbreakr ( a fellow tumblr) also posted a picture of myself as well as a video Mandy had made back in the day. the song moved me to tears. Seriously. thank you. x

He or She wrote;

Ryan,

While youíre doing some New Yearís self-improvmentÖ *

I know you have hearing problems, and Iím wondering if youíre doing anything to slow down the damage to your ears. *You need those things. *Are you taking care of Ďem?

Personally, Iíd rather die of lung cancer at age 70 than lose my hearing in my 30s when Iíve dedicated my life to making songs. *

Just worried about you.

ME- Hi there.

Um, first of all I followed the re-blog to your site. That song broke me down and in a really good way. That is a real honest to goodness angel singing that song. I think about my friend so so much.

As far as my hearing goes, I will tell you a little but I will not go into it all the way here right now.

I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear. And I have lost a considerable amount in my right but my right is better.

It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I donít know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.

Anyway, something is wrong in there. And I donít know everything yet and neither did they.

I am just doing what I can.

Donít worry. I will be okay no matter what.

Thanks for asking and thanks for kind of leaning me into that video. I love it and what is not to love really.

R

More...

lukin 12-29-2008 03:25 AM

Re: attention "HEARTBREAKR"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feeds (Post 505457)
I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear. And I have lost a considerable amount in my right but my right is better.

It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I donít know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.

That is sad. I know if I was to lose my hearing I would be seriously depressed.

ffarff 12-29-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukin (Post 505460)
That is sad. I know if I was to lose my hearing I would be seriously depressed.

id rather give up my hearing than my eyesight.

lukin 12-29-2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffarff (Post 505461)
id rather give up my hearing than my eyesight.

No way for me. I would miss watching good films, and seeing people that I love, but for me I think the lack of sound would be way more of a barrier to communicating with people than visuals.

Also, the whole music thing, without it I don't think I'd want to live. I could still go to live shows if I was blind (sometimes I close my eyes at shows anyway - when I saw Ryan lasy year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)

ailema 12-29-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukin (Post 505465)
Also, the whole music thing, without it I don't think I'd want to live. I could still go to live shows if I was blind (sometimes I close my eyes at shows anyway - when I saw Ryan lasy year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)

I just wanted to point out that most legally deaf people still enjoy music and many still go to shows.

ffarff 12-29-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukin (Post 505465)
when I saw Ryan last year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)

hahah true.

you can still write and do sign language.
I think im a visual sort of lad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailema (Post 505471)
I just wanted to point out that most legally deaf people still enjoy music and many still go to shows.

vibrations? thats always the best bit of live music for me. feeling the speaker in your ribs etc.

roxy031 12-29-2008 07:53 AM

I'm losing my hearing, although not as badly as Ryan seems to be, and it's not fun. Mine is from having swimmer's ear so much as a child that my eardrums have tiny little holes in them.

Faded Rose 12-29-2008 01:51 PM

This is one thing that I do feel for him about. That must be so difficult for him and it must worry him.

roxy031 12-29-2008 01:53 PM

True. I can imagine how worried I'd be if my career depended heavily on my hearing.

Rob 12-29-2008 01:55 PM

I have a hard time believing the extent of his hearing problem :o

Karl Does Kansas 12-29-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 505683)
I have a hard time believing the extent of his hearing problem :o

His hearing is fine.

tangledup 12-29-2008 01:56 PM

I wonder about that too. He seems to be taking it very well and considering he doesn't really take much well I'm suspicious.

Rob 12-29-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Does Kansas (Post 505684)
His hearing is fine.

:lol I guess that settles it then

Faded Rose 12-29-2008 01:59 PM

:o I believe that his hearing is bad.

roxy031 12-29-2008 02:00 PM

I don't know what to believe. :\

roxy031 12-29-2008 02:01 PM

However... I found this suspicious.

Quote:

It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I don’t know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.

tangledup 12-29-2008 02:03 PM

It's all so vague - (no talk of pain, or popping etc.) I thought that was a weird statement too.

bruit 12-29-2008 02:03 PM

He might be confusing himself with George Bailey from 'It's a Wonderful Life'.

Karl Does Kansas 12-29-2008 02:04 PM

I know it's fine because I can hear it.
A blind man would know.

Faded Rose 12-29-2008 02:08 PM

I thought he said he had Meniere's disease at one stage?

Karl I don't understand your cryptic comment again.

Karl Does Kansas 12-29-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faded Rose (Post 505705)
I thought he said he had Meniere's disease at one stage?

Karl I don't understand your cryptic comment again.

I could use ewok's help here.
How is David's hearing in your opinion, wok?

tangledup 12-29-2008 02:17 PM

Are you saying because of his singing?

roxy031 12-29-2008 02:18 PM

That's what I was thinking, because he sings fine :confused

Karl Does Kansas 12-29-2008 02:20 PM

It's everything he does that goes through your ears.

La Cienega 12-29-2008 02:31 PM

is Karl on drugs today?