TBY Forum

TBY Forum (http://www.tobeyoung.org/index.php)
-   Ryan Adams Discussion (http://www.tobeyoung.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas (http://www.tobeyoung.org/showthread.php?t=31949)

Tim Simmons 04-03-2017 08:42 PM

Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

Apparently Gold and Cold Roses have been recut by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas US (both are as good as you can get in regards to quality if you don't know).

Unfortunately there is no way to tell from packaging or the barcode. It's all in the deadwax.

Hopefully this means the rest are coming soon.

Thanks Ryan/Universal!!! Dream come true.

an old love letter 04-03-2017 08:48 PM

Re: Vinyl represses by Chris Bellman and pressed at Pallas

This is dope

Rae_14 04-03-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an old love letter (Post 809977)
This is dope

I bought the repress recently of 29. it came with a "pressed at Pallas" hype sticker and it sounds so much better than my original united pressing. I should check the dead wax. Sounds like it was remastered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Simmons 04-03-2017 09:17 PM

So did the whole LH catalog sans LiH get repressed?

Rae_14 04-04-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rae_14 (Post 809979)
I bought the repress recently of 29. it came with a "pressed at Pallas" hype sticker and it sounds so much better than my original united pressing. I should check the dead wax. Sounds like it was remastered.

I looked up my copy of 29 on discogs. it was pressed at Pallas in Germany. Same mastering as the original. Just a superior pressing.

Tim Simmons 04-04-2017 08:07 AM

Interesting. A better pressing isn't gonna fix the terrible cut though. But it does remedy half the issues with it.

Tim Simmons 04-04-2017 08:07 AM

Apparently Amazon has the new pressings. And they are dirt cheap too. CR is $16 and Gold is $11

LoadedLikeFreights 04-04-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Simmons (Post 809980)
So did the whole LH catalog sans LiH get repressed?

Forgot about this, but I was on the vinyl section of the Firebrand page a week or two ago and a bunch of his albums were all listed with "Coming Soon" underneath. Wish I could remember which ones, but it was definitely a bunch...hopefully it's this

Tim Simmons 04-04-2017 08:53 AM

This is the second best thing to PaxAm reissues of these.

Rae_14 04-04-2017 09:27 AM

A Rock n Roll repress would be cool. ;)

thebambino 04-04-2017 09:51 AM

lol this is so typical...no notice, no announcement, just...nothing.

Tim Simmons 04-04-2017 11:09 AM

I ordered these from Amazon. I'll report back tomorrow night when they arrive.

GILMORE104 04-04-2017 11:58 AM

Got a link?

Tim Simmons 04-04-2017 11:59 AM

www.amazon.com

JohnnyT 04-05-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoadedLikeFreights (Post 810002)
Forgot about this, but I was on the vinyl section of the Firebrand page a week or two ago and a bunch of his albums were all listed with "Coming Soon" underneath. Wish I could remember which ones, but it was definitely a bunch...hopefully it's this

I just looked, and they are no longer listed on the firebrand site, am I doing something wrong?

LoadedLikeFreights 04-05-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyT (Post 810052)
I just looked, and they are no longer listed on the firebrand site, am I doing something wrong?

I meant that it was showing that a few weeks ago and now they took it down. They always seem to be tinkering with the site/finding inventory, so I didn't think much of it at that time, but this thread reminded me I'd seen it

Curious to see what Tim gets from Amazon. I couldn't find anything noting this new repress, I just see this version that appears to be from 2007: https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Vinyl-Ry...yan+adams+gold

JohnnyT 04-05-2017 09:03 AM

Well, these folks are all raving about it, starting on the first page about halfway down...

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...eissue.291946/

Marty 04-05-2017 11:04 AM

I just got a black copy of Cardinology from a seller on discogs. I had purchased the Blue but they sent me black and it has the CB initials on the runout.

HalloweenHead 04-05-2017 01:04 PM

The description of the sound on the Cold Roses pressing has me interested in doubling up 😀

JohnnyT 04-05-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalloweenHead (Post 810067)
The description of the sound on the Cold Roses pressing has me interested in doubling up 😀

Same. I wish we had more info on the releases though. Remastered or just reissued?

an old love letter 04-05-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty (Post 810061)
I just got a black copy of Cardinology from a seller on discogs. I had purchased the Blue but they sent me black and it has the CB initials on the runout.

Score

Tim Simmons 04-05-2017 02:00 PM

Just got mine in the mail. Gonna compare them in a bit

an old love letter 04-05-2017 02:24 PM

Most interested in how Cold Roses sounds

Heard 29 is amazing

Tim Simmons 04-05-2017 03:15 PM

So I got through 1 record of these new pressings, ABing my original copies.

My Gold was purchased when it finally came out a year or so after the record was released (back when United wasn't over worked and had better quality control). I've always been satisfied with mine, though I know later pressings of Gold sounded awful to people, so I'm keeping that in mind when listening. I think this new pressing sounds so quiet and static free that the music sounds so clear and crisp that it would be a nice improvement over the original. especially for $11. A bit of nerdery, the new pressing has a matte sleeve whereas my original was glossy. Still no inserts. Also no polylined sleeves which is pretty standard with pallas, so its weird.

As for Cold Roses, again, I was happy with my original. There is surface noise, but whatever, I've made due and been satisfied. From the onset, I was blown away by how good the new cut sounds. The record is dead quiet which makes the music pop. The original almost sounds murky compared to this cut. Its really crisp and clear. Lows are low and bold and the highs sound great and crisp. Its fantastic. As for some nerdery, its the same as the original. has the insert. Polylined sleeves. As for the outer sleeve its funny because its the opposite of Gold. My original is matte and this new one is glossy. The new one is embossed as well.

Overall, I think they are worth the pickup, especially for the prices.

Tim Simmons 04-05-2017 03:15 PM

Gonna order 29 now.