View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #3203
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Movie Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Christian Bale must be the king of Hollywood transformations these days. He's unrecognizable.
right? im still baffled by the transformation between the machinist and batman begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
The new Tamara Jenkins directed film, Private Life, is excellent and now on Netflix. It's a delicate, thoughtful little film strongly grounded in realism and quietly sad. Paul Giamatti is excellent as always, Katherine Hahn is sensational, playing against type.

If you like this one, I'd recommend Jenkins' previous film The Savages (not to be confused with Oliver Stone's very shitty but similarly titled flick). The Savages stars my dream-team leads of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Laura Linney. It's terrific and also on Netflix I think.
very anxious to watch this - im a big fan of slums of beverly hills/the savages [was just thinking today how angry i am about phs being dead after rewatching the master]

im working my way through both versions of maniac right now - but private life and hold the dark are up next after that
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.01786 seconds with 10 queries