View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #144
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Warnie has a knack for stating the obvious.

Quote:
Warnie tells of tears and temptations
DD McNicoll
January 08, 2007

JUST days after retiring from Test cricket on the highest note possible, Shane Warne last night reflected on his lowest moment, the separation from his wife Simone.
In a deeply personal interview with British TV veteran Michael Parkinson, Warne singled out the split during the Ashes series in England in 2005 as his loneliest moment in the game.
"There were times when I sat by myself and cried," he told Parkinson, paying tribute to teammate and friend Michael Clarke for his support.

From Muhammad Ali and Geoffrey Boycott to Tiger Woods, Parkinson has shown a wily knack over the decades of persuading outwardly confident sports stars to reveal their frail inner selves. The interview with Warne was no exception.

"Some of the things that I've done and the mistakes I've made I'm not proud of, but it shows I'm human," Warne said.

Of his womanising, Warne said: "If I had stopped and thought, 'hang on a minute', I wouldn't have done it. "But unfortunately I gave way to temptation."

Warne described his divorce as inevitable, but said he now hoped for a reunion.

"We had to realise: Did we both want each other?" he said.

"I have not ruled out getting back together but we both have to work out if that is what we want."

Earlier yesterday at the Alan Davidson Oval in south Sydney, Warne and Glenn McGrath discovered there is a great difference between playing as champions in a Test for Australia and having a hit and giggle ina charity match as a couple of Testretirees.

More than 40,000 people saw the legendary bowling duo take the field in the final day of the fifth Ashes Test at the SCG on Friday. Fewer than 1500 turned up to watch them play in inner-city Alexandria yesterday.

Warne, who sparked speculation about a reunion with his former wife Simone Callahan by sharing breakfast with her aboard James Packer's motor yacht on Saturday, opened the bowling for former Kiwi captain Martin Crowe's XI in the Twenty20 match against Peter Holmes a Court's XI held to raise funds for three charities supported by the South Sydney Rabbitohs rugby league team.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04528 seconds with 10 queries