View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Bruce Springsteen On Broadway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bod View Post
Netflix documentary is out. So is the record, also available in full on his YouTube channel.

As a long time Bruce fan, I think it's a great record and quite different from his work in the past few years. Really appreciate the context he adds in between each song and the comments he makes about his dad and mum throughout the show.

Great stuff.
agreed.

i have listened to it twice now all the way through.

if one was a fan of the book i think they'll be even more so here.

for us bruce nuts his live performances w/ the e street band is the best. he's at his vocal and creative best when w/ them.

however, although vocally strained on some of these performances...i mean, the man is 70, and clearly not really known for his voice, but rather his poetic genius....that's where this broadway show shines. the poetry. the words. it gets me teary eyed when listening.

if you're like me and love bruce's voice, stick to the albums and other notable live shows, but appreciate the beauty of the broadway show for his poignant tribute to his life, his family and his fans.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 10 queries