View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #20
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Was 2005 Ryan's Best Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight View Post
I totally agree, except I'd also put RnR and Gold into his "high concept" era. They recorded them quickly, but everything was filtered through his idea of making it sound like 70's radio and giving it such a classic rock feel. That's why, even even though I liked a lot of LiH and RnR, it felt like such a breath of fresh air when I first saw the Cards in '04 and heard Cold Roses. He was just cutting loose with good songs.

And I think ET was back to the "concept", where he went in with the idea of making a record label friendly record that would sell, and it stiffled much of the vibe. For me the new one is much closer to the "natural" Ryan, but obviously the songs aren't every fans cup-of-tea.
yeah, that's true.
i guess i'm just much more willing to accept a concept that involves unabashedly rocking out then crying like a pansy.

<----I mean.... seriously... avatar...

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03839 seconds with 10 queries