View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #29
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of
Re: "ďAyn quests for her ideal rational hero. Anti-communist (was born in Russia) and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I didn't make the Aristole connection, but that's a moot point really, since Rand seems to have made it already.
I just really struggle with a philsophy that says " if you want help, help yourself". This is just not possible for everyone in the world. Some people are born into the most dire circumstances. Some people are born with inherent disablities, some people are born the wrong colour or religion for whichever governemnt is currently in power. They can try all they like, but the simple fact is that their chances of success are limited by the regime and morality of the day.
i agree with this too, "if you want help, help yourself" works for me personally, but sometimes i have to have the courage to not be too proud to ask for help, because sometimes i need it. but it doesn't help for a lot of people, like as you pointed out, people with health problems, children (i haven't seen them mentioned yet, but a large part of the population of the world are children... duh), disabilities, people born in poverty stricken countries, people who can't get an education because they have to work from childhood to support their families so they don't starve... etc etc etc....
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 10 queries