View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #44
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "ďAyn quests for her ideal rational hero. Anti-communist (was born in Russia) and

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
Sydney: I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I will speak for my views personally (I like to think I represent near a majority of Americans.)

I do not consider people the "weakest links" by virtue of the color of their skin, socioeconomic situation. I consider people the weakest link in their work. If you're paid to do a job, and you do not do it, you're the weakest link, I don't care if you're black, white, purple green, fat, tall, skinny, short, 9 toes, 7 hands etc etc...
I understand that, but my point remains that the world is not an equal place. Any philosophy that basically says " work hard and you will be rewarded" has some inherent problems. Hard work is not always enough. Economic rationalism, globalisation and the fundamental fact that every human being is different and has different abilities and weaknesses have seen to that.
So should we ignore other people who are destitute, or who are unemployed, or who for whatever reason, can't feed their kids? Maybe they didn't "help themselves" but I believe that a just society would see the need to help them anyhow.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03083 seconds with 10 queries