TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 03-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #2326
BigColors

BigColors will become famous soon enough
Re: Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Now, DRA not only blacked out his twitter and insta, but it is now private.
BigColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #2327
rodstewartswig

rodstewartswig has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Seriously? You need to change the comparison to the Phoebe Bridgers part of his abuse to make it sound better?
Sorry, which accusation against Ryan do you think might be 'equally pernicious' as R Kelly recording himself pissing in the face of a 14 year old girl?

You think the comparison starts to look plausible if we sub in Ava's story?
rodstewartswig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #2328
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstewartswig View Post
Sorry, which accusation against Ryan do you think might be 'equally pernicious' as R Kelly recording himself pissing in the face of a 14 year old girl?

You think the comparison starts to look plausible if we sub in Ava's story?
Yeah, preying on underage girls is similar.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #2329
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I’m hoping for all of our sakes that the law will see some nuance between defendants R Kelly and R Adams
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #2330
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenie Smith-Macbeth View Post
I’m hoping for all of our sakes that the law will see some nuance between defendants R Kelly and R Adams
R Kelly hasn't been convicted of any crime yet. Certainly you guys are defending him on his message boards?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #2331
ann ann

ann ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys I just got a trolling infraction for my obvious joke list of reasons I posted this morning. Thanks SydneyFan! Do I get a prize? Y'all are pansy babies. Just ban my ass if you're gonna be little bitch mods. *blows kiss*
ann ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #2332
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
R Kelly hasn't been convicted of any crime yet. Certainly you guys are defending him on his message boards?
That’s quite a leap you’re making
Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #2333
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
That’s quite a leap you’re making
Explain.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #2334
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
Guys I just got a trolling infraction for my obvious joke list of reasons I posted this morning. Thanks SydneyFan! Do I get a prize? Y'all are pansy babies. Just ban my ass if you're gonna be little bitch mods. *blows kiss*
Oh no kidding, what’s a “trolling infraction”? How did you receive it? What does it say?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #2335
rodstewartswig

rodstewartswig has a little shameless behavior in the past

Quote:
He pressed her repeatedly on her age, even asking to see ID, and she repeatedly lied to him. I'm not sure that qualifies as 'preying on underage'; nice job pluralizing 'girls' to further fog this issue and lend credence to the obscene comparison with R. Kelly's systematic grooming and abuse of teenage girls.
rodstewartswig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #2336
mustbeburt

mustbeburt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Honestly - the law may be RA's only hope to truly turn his life around.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #2337
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ann View Post
Since you insisted...

And honestly, I am trying to be fair and give people a reasonable say, regardless of whether I agree with their viewpoint or not. But the snide little Greek chorus that's clearly just enjoying winding others up is beginning to getting really annoying. Argue in good faith or not at all please.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #2338
New York Minute

New York Minute is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone else see this? His live sound engineer makes a call out/comments on Bridger's "sword" Twitter comments. I wasn't sure where to post this, so sticking here (sorry if it's a dead thread!).

https://mobile.twitter.com/LCrowle68...82695114412032
New York Minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #2339
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I guess she had second thoughts. Tweet is gone.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #2340
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

She said that the swords were given to the predominately female crew for doing Phoebe's sound and lights for free.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #2341
Rob
Administrator

Probably a fake account? Was created in March 2019.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #2342
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Weirdness.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #2343
New York Minute

Well, it looks like the whole account was deleted. I took screenshots of all that person's comments but what folkjam said is the jist of it. Basically claiming Bridgers was wrongly representing the sword situation and that Bridgers was treated well on the tour with the female-dominated crew, and that she has worked for Ryan a long time and Ryan has been a good boss.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #2344
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Minute View Post
Well, it looks like the whole account was deleted. I took screenshots of all that person's comments but what folkjam said is the jist of it. Basically claiming Bridgers was wrongly representing the sword situation and that Bridgers was treated well on the tour with the female-dominated crew, and that she has worked for Ryan a long time and Ryan has been a good boss.
Was it your account?
Old 03-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #2345
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

I saw that, too!

There´s another Twitter account, probably somebody else from the crew & not created on March 2019 or is it another fake account?
Saying:
Best damn hardworking crew
All this anger over a plastic sword?
https://twitter.com/steph_fetter/sta...48916589518848
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #2346
New York Minute

Quote:
Was it your account?
Haha no. At first I thought maybe a fake account after the deletion, but I can definitely see people coming out of the woodwork making Twitter accounts if they never had them before. It can happen; not everyone is on Twitter. So who knows. Maybe she was getting too much attention than was comfortable or threatening messages. We can't know for sure. Real or not, I looked up the name and it had the name and image of someone who really has worked for Ryan's live crew.

Last edited by New York Minute; 03-11-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #2347
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

I don't think it's all that shocking that some people have had positive experiences with Ryan. He can be a likeable person. It doesn't invalidate those who haven't, even if Phoebe misinterpreted the gesture. Or maybe the stage crew did. Who knows.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #2348
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Minute View Post
Haha no. At first I thought maybe a fake account after the deletion, but I can definitely see people coming out of the woodwork making Twitter accounts if they never had them before. It can happen; not everyone is on Twitter. So who knows. Maybe she was getting too much attention than was comfortable or threatening messages. We can't know for sure. Real or not, I looked up the name and it had the name and image of someone who really has worked for Ryan's live crew.
Gotcha
Old 03-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #2349
a devil in paradise
massively dull

a devil in paradise is an unknown quantity at this point

i missed the whole swords thing... can someone fill me in?
a devil in paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #2350
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by a devil in paradise View Post
i missed the whole swords thing... can someone fill me in?
Phoebe didn't get a sword while on tour with Ryan and every other female did. The horror.