TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams to stalk Rob Thomas and other TBY members

Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryan Adams to stalk Rob Thomas and other TBY members

Benz'd
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #27
mattinmass
Directionfull since 2013

mattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to all

he's jealous of Pash's success
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #28
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan or Rob? Both?
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
BigNosedDago
The Golden Jew

BigNosedDago is a jewel in the roughBigNosedDago is a jewel in the rough

once Mandy Moore sees the chrome, it's all over for Cryin' Adams
BigNosedDago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #30
gsmile
The Mass Dullness

gsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to all

Having it's own thread guarantees that Ryan will see our posts and reactions to the "stalking." To this I write:

Dear Ryan,

It's made me happy to see you posting online again. What's made me even happier is that the posts have a very calm nature to them. It seems that taking a breather from the music rat race has had a profound effect on you. I'm glad that you're getting support from your wife and I'm glad that you found a compatible partner that can help you through your ups and downs. We should all be so lucky to have someone that assists us through this inconsistent circus that we call "life." I hear you've got new jams on the way and I'm very excited to hear them; all of us at tby are excited to hear them. Which brings me to the main body of the message.

Tobeyoung is a message board made up of fans of Ryan Adams. More importantly, it's a message board made up of people. People have feelings, and feelings can be easily hurt as I'm sure you've learned over the years. People make mistakes, but that's why such a thing as forgiveness exists. I'm not sure exactly what we've done to anger or upset you Ryan, but does we deserve to be the subject of a life long grudge? Life's too short for that sort of thing.

I met you briefly in 2007 Ryan, after the Vancouver show at the Commodore. We hung out at 7-11 and talked about Barbara Gordon. I almost mustered up the courage to tell you that you had been an inspiration for me getting through my problems with alcohol. I'm not sure what your response would have been. That's a heavy trip to lay on someone right after playing a gig, and ultimately that's what kept me from disclosing that information. Point being, at the time you were a role model to me. I'd been a fan of your music for years and seeing you rock out just as hard, if not harder, sober was a good influence on me to remain sober. That's why it hurts me to see you treating your fans this way. Fans of public figures will always have something critical to say about them, but is that any reason to lash out and alienate them? Sometimes my friends piss me off, but eventually we cool off, apologize and it's water under the bridge.

I know that the RAA is your designated online home, but maybe if you posted here once in a while you would see that we are people and not just letters on a screen. I think I can safely say that most of us here still support you and your career by going to the shows and buying the records. Some of us even bought the books (just understand that poetry is still sort of a niche genre and not all of us are into it). Regardless of the hurtful things that have been said, I am still a fan of you, David Ryan Adams, and will continue to listen to your music. Musicians/artists do not have to reach out to their fans, but you've chosen to do so through the internet. Very cool. I'm reaching out right now with nothing but a positive message, and it would be punk as fuck if you responded.

Sincerely,
Geoff (gsmile of tby)
gsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #31
Tim Simmons

PS. Some people here ARE batshit crazy, but you can just ignore them.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #32
BigNosedDago
The Golden Jew

BigNosedDago is a jewel in the roughBigNosedDago is a jewel in the rough

did you share a big gulp at 7-11?
BigNosedDago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #33
Izzy Eviel
I know

Izzy Eviel is just really niceIzzy Eviel is just really nice

Let Ryan stalk me, he'd get so bored he'd never stalk anyone ever again.
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you
Izzy Eviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

My lawyers have advised me I can say he is more pathetic than even I thought I was.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #35
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
My lawyers have advised me I can say he is more pathetic than even I thought I was.
LOL. You're joking, right?
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #36
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
LOL. You're joking, right?
LOL, obvs. well, sort of. i know where you live, j/k whatever.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #37
stereoplaysjunk

stereoplaysjunk is on a distinguished road

Whaaa? Is he that bored in Lala Land?
stereoplaysjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #38
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano15104 View Post
TBY always has to ruin everything. Joel, just delete all their comments please.
This is true.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #39
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

soooo if he's reading this would now be a good time to ask for my money back on the whole cardinology thingy I purchased?

My mother told me that it never hurts to ask.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #40
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

We ruined the internet. And RA's talents.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #41
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

usually I 'ruin' Christmas. Now the entire internet. YIKES!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #42
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano15104
TBY always has to ruin everything. Joel, just delete all their comments please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega
with all due respect, fuck off.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #43
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Heh, yeah I just read the thread over there. Its going to have a meltdown soon and then Joel will delete the entire thing at Ryan's request.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #44
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Get your posts in now, people!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
Ewok's Groupie
The MF Original!

Ewok's Groupie is a jewel in the roughEwok's Groupie is a jewel in the rough

God, I love you La!
Ewok's Groupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

From the mod.

Quote:
It was very nice of Wolfie to start this thread so could you all please try to stay with the topic and NOT bring TBY into it and start some silly catfight between everyone and the boards? It would be stupid and sad if it got all weird and the thread had to be removed...
(And that includes, Wolfie, too... please don't add fuel to the fire.... )

Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #47
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
From the mod.: It was very nice of Wolfie to start this thread so could you all please try to stay with the topic and NOT bring TBY into it
How can something be off-topic if the person who started the thread mentioned TBY?
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #48
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

nothing like a visit from ryan adams to stir up ridiculous message board drama!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #49
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioradi0 View Post
How can something be off-topic if the person who started the thread mentioned TBY? :
Exactly. He went out of his way to create the drama in the first place.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #50
Sunny44

Sunny44 is just really niceSunny44 is just really nice

I'm at a loss to understand why, when 9/10 of the posts here are about how lame RA is and there's a whole section devoted to criticizing the size of his wife's thighs, he should be displeased with TBY.
Sunny44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links