TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams to stalk Rob Thomas and other TBY members

Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #51
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams to stalk Rob Thomas and other TBY members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Exactly. He went out of his way to create the drama in the first place.

He absolutely did.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #52
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny44 View Post
I'm at a loss to understand why, when 9/10 of the posts here are about how lame RA is and there's a whole section devoted to criticizing the size of his wife's thighs, he should be displeased with TBY.
Yeah, but maybe he should be focusing on the provider of such photos etc. instead of a message board. The people on here have to find their ammo somehow.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #53
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm at a loss to understand why, when 9/10 of the posts here are about how lame RA is and there's a whole section devoted to criticizing the size of his wife's thighs, he should be displeased with TBY.
I don't care that he is displeased.

I care that he is saying that we are violating copyright laws, and that he is threatening to stalk me or pursue legal action.

Can you get that through your thick skull?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #54
BigNosedDago
The Golden Jew

BigNosedDago is a jewel in the roughBigNosedDago is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I care that he is saying that we are violating copyright laws, and that he is threatening to stalk me or pursue legal action.

BigNosedDago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #55
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Exactly. He went out of his way to create the drama in the first place.
Indeed. How else to explain his reaction to gsmile. Gsmile didn't have to open up and post what he did. But what does Ry do? Laugh, and act incredulous.
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #56
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, because he is such an intelligent, sensitive guy the smart response is to encourage people to stalk the owner of a fanboard and threaten him and the board members with legal action in a public forum?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #57
brandlin
cryan adams

brandlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
I am basically just being put in the know as some of what is on his site could be considered threatening to some folks, to me, and in my life. I am just kept in the loop as that place is being perused for anything legally threatening or any copyright violations.

http://www.ryanadamsarchive.com/showthread.php?t=17613
Legal FAIL. This is possibly the most ridiculous thing that he's written. What is he going to try to prove? Defamation? FFS, he's a public figure, and in order to prove defamation he would have to show that any remark was said with the intent of being malicious or with reckless disregard for the truth - this is a fan site. Not to mention the First Amendment protects statements of opinion.

Is he going to "peruse" Pitchfork, Gawker or any other media outlet that has voiced negative opinions?

Nothing here has been "threatening" to him. No one (at least that I've seen) has ever posted anything disclosing his address, phone number, etc. Anyone who did post something that could be construed as threatening has been banned. Idiot. And I think TBY is the very last place you would ever find copyrighted material.
brandlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #58
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Oh My Rob!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #59
tigermilk
<3

tigermilk is just really nicetigermilk is just really nice

RYAN:
Spoiler:
714-683-6244

tigermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #60
plath

seriously.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #61
mattinmass
Directionfull since 2013

mattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to allmattinmass is a name known to all

it's so clear that Ryan is having an identity crisis. I predicted he'd be divorced within 2 years, but now I'd like to speed that up to this year. he can't make good music anymore, he's alienated his band, his wife is probably disgusted by him every time she has to read his shitty poetry or look at his second rate art. soon he'll be heartbroken again and making decent music. until then, KYS
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #62
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
it's so clear that Ryan is having an identity crisis. I predicted he'd be divorced within 2 years, but now I'd like to speed that up to this year. he can't make good music anymore, he's alienated his band, his wife is probably disgusted by him every time she has to read his shitty poetry or look at his second rate art. soon he'll be heartbroken again and making decent music. until then, KYS

I sense you are about to be googled.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #63
BigNosedDago
The Golden Jew

BigNosedDago is a jewel in the roughBigNosedDago is a jewel in the rough

you won't find nuthin but an eyebrow
BigNosedDago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #64
Ewok's Groupie
The MF Original!

Ewok's Groupie is a jewel in the roughEwok's Groupie is a jewel in the rough

Yeah.

It must be so hard for Ryan and Mandy to deal with people commenting on the designer dresses she wears, or which of his songs they like the best and which they like the least. Sounds unbearable.

It really is a hard knock life.
Ewok's Groupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #65
gsmile
The Mass Dullness

gsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to allgsmile is a name known to all

Straight from wolfhunter's raa profile:

"wolfhunter has not made any friends yet"

You heard it here first folks...
gsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #66
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmile View Post
Straight from wolfhunter's raa profile:

"wolfhunter has not made any friends yet"

You heard it here first folks...
Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #67
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Little Wolfie continues the TBY saga...

Quote:
I find it so interesting that when I post something mildly ridiculous and off-handed about that site, those people start spinning around like they can't understand how someone could be so mean/ crazy/ cruel.
Meanwhile every single thread in that place even some of the site is totally one hundred percent dedicated to the VERY SAME SHIT they just got handed.
I love it.
It is so interesting to watch how easily that place is stirred up. Also I like the total mob-mentality, blind conformism microcosm happening there.
Anyway I meant to inspire more off-handed commentary on the sheer stupidity of that site and it's weak content. I didn't mean to inspire madness.
Either way, it's pretty stupid. Sorry that these hardened bloggers couldn't take little heat.
Guess we know what they are really like.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #68
radioradi0

wolfhunter:

Quote:
The pink elephant has been handed the spotlight- and of course, they are a bunch of whiny cry babies. Can't take the heat eh?
Ah, too bad.
Oh well- on with discussions about music and stuff.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #69
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I don't have a blog. My lawyers will be reviewing that accusation.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #70
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

He called us whiny cry babies. I'm calling my lawyer.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #71
plath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
hahahaha
Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #72
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

wow, I think the "Too Funny" thread Ryan started to ridicule us has already been taken down

honestly, it makes me sad that he can't even recognize that there are some true fans on this site. He groups us all together as evil, and god forbid we stick up for our community or our friends... apparently even gsmile's nice post was evil. It's just sad.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #73
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
wow, I think the "Too Funny" thread Ryan started to ridicule us has already been taken down

honestly, it makes me sad that he can't even recognize that there are some true fans on this site. He groups us all together as evil, and god forbid we stick up for our community or our friends... apparently even gsmile's nice post was evil. It's just sad.
He's completely self-absorbed. It's not very surprising.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #74
sad5ack

sad5ack can only hope to improve

Well, most of you do seem like cunts to me.
sad5ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #75
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad5ack View Post
Well, most of you do seem like cunts to me.
Welcome!
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links