TimbrH2001 is a jewel in the roughTimbrH2001 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Your favorite singer/songwriter is a Perv:The Thread

Mandy just pissed even Ryan couldn't resurrect her lousy music career

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
TimbrH2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #27
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
Mandy just pissed even Ryan couldn't resurrect her lousy music career

Dude. You are on fire!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #28
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
We knew he dated all these women and shit didn't work out and it ended messy. No way of knowing he did this shit though. And thats not even the worst thing in this story.
I dunno, after reading this, and thinking back to what we have known, all the signs were there. I guess that I try not to give too much attention to the dude's private life so didn't spend much time thinking about it. Just lots of little things - like back when he was really creepy with that girl online right out in the open about 8 or 9 years ago, or how when he and Mandy were first starting out - I think I recall them breaking it off for a while before getting back together and during that period he said some really terrible things about her (again, right out in the open) - it didn't sit well at the time but then they got back together and I guess I thought nothing more of it, but it was probably part of that pattern of manipulation.

Yeah, just gross. Up until now, I've been able to disconnect RA the person from RA the artist when I'm listening to his stuff, but it's gonna be pretty hard to do that now.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #29
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

Could be worse. He could have been having sex with underage girls, like many of my musical heroes from the ‘70’s used to.
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #30
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point

An upsetting read, and it explains his recent behaviour. I’m hoping to be able to seperate the man from the music - I discovered Ryan Adams with Prisoner and it has become my all time favourite album, it is magic to me. It seems that some of the behaviour detailed in the article won’t be a surprise to many, but there are certainly some shocking revelations.
Respect to the women for speaking out, I cannot imagine how tough that must have been.
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #31
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
I smell a bunch of high horse up in hurr...

Shut the fuck up.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 PM   #32
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I expect a whole lot more of this in the music industry over the next few months. You know the shit he pulled is common practice.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #33
Teenie Smith-Macbeth

Teenie Smith-Macbeth is on a distinguished road

I figured after all of his “Tim Crimson” posts on the .org that you all picked up on him being a perv/freak.
Teenie Smith-Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #34
TimbrH2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post

Dude. You are on fire!
Let's be honest, she's unhappy wit dat teenie Dawes dick

Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #35
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
like back when he was really creepy with that girl online right out in the open about 8 or 9 years ago
whoa - what?!?
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #36
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenie Smith-Macbeth View Post
I figured after all of his “Tim Crimson” posts on the .org that you all picked up on him being a perv/freak.
Whats this now?
Old 02-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #37
TimbrH2001

Just more of the same ol Libtard character assassination SJW crap that sells papers (coming from the radical lefty I am)

Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #38
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I dunno, after reading this, and thinking back to what we have known, all the signs were there.
Yeah, I guess thats true. I kinda wanna know what Leona, Natalie and Beth could add.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #39
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I mean, I am not really completely surprised. We have all know he was a dick and not good with ladies. Guy has some problems. Hope he has someone close with him now.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #40
Tim Simmons

Heh, I just remembered a story about him shitting Beth Ortons Daybreaker, when she played it for him. I guess we can make some inferences as to why he did.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #41
Tim Simmons

Lukin nailed it. I've done a pretty good job compartmentalizing his behavior from his songwriting. And maybe I'll be able to again in a few years, but right now, I'm pretty done with the guy.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #42
TimbrH2001

In all seriousness though, Ryan is a Trainwreck of a person but that's also what helps make him a genius and we're all attracted to people we know are smarter than us. So really what's changed here? Y'all think this dude was a saint? See the 1000 examples over the years that show otherwise

Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #43
JackStark211

I, for one, am still looking forward to the new album. Hate me for that. You all should know I've never liked the guy as a person, but I love his music. I will continue to enjoy it.

Ryan has been pulling my dick for years....
Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #44
Tim Simmons

https://twitter.com/ACNewman/status/1095808672733847553
Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #45
TimbrH2001

Hell, I can listen to Charles Manson albums cuz they're actually pretty fn good. Ryan got a long way to go to get to that level

Old 02-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #46
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
In all seriousness though, Ryan is a Trainwreck of a person but that's also what helps make him a genius and we're all attracted to people we know are smarter than us. So really what's changed here? Y'all think this dude was a saint? See the 1000 examples over the years that show otherwise

Im pretty sure most of us didnt know he was sexting with an underage girl. Doesnt take a genius to know thats a dumb fucking idea
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #47
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

I knew that he showed a lot of these tendencies. I thought releasing "Doylestown Girl" to Philadelphia radio was borderline abusive, like he knew that was a way to get to his ex. And to follow him for five minutes on social media after a breakup was to see what he was capable of. I absolutely compartmentalized a lot of this narcissistic shit and accepted it as part of the deal. But the underage thing is severely disappointing, and it's clear as day that, even if he wasn't certain that she was underage, he was suspicious enough that he should have just walked away. That's just disgusting.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #48
TimbrH2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I, for one, am still looking forward to the new album. Hate me for that. You all should know I've never liked the guy as a person, but I love his music. I will continue to enjoy it.

Ryan has been pulling my dick for years....
I just try my best to refrain from judging others, worry about my own life, let law enforcement take care of the rest when applicable. Dude's music is still fn epic and will continue to be epic well after libtard media gets over this and finds themselves another character to assassinate

Old 02-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #49
TimbrH2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
Im pretty sure most of us didnt know he was sexting with an underage girl. Doesnt take a genius to know thats a dumb fucking idea
Pretty sure Ryan didn't entirely know he was sexting an underage girl either

Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 PM   #50
SonofabitchVanOwen

SonofabitchVanOwen will become famous soon enough

The stuff from Phoebe and Mandy isn't really that awful. Ryan was an asshole and a shitty boyfriend, big deal. We've always known he was an asshole and both of these women were grown women in relationships of their own choosing. He wasn't beating them or raping them. He was being a dick and was being controlling. Mandy was more famous than he was when they were married and still is now, and there was certainly nothing preventing her from ending it earlier. I've been in plenty of relationships with partners who were controlling or insulting or discouraged me from pursuing professional or personal interests because they wanted to control me. Most other people have as well. A partner acting that way is a sign of intense insecurity and immaturity, both afflictions which we know to be part of Ryan's makeup.

It's not wrong of them to speak out. But their statements, taken alone, more confirm that Ryan is an asshole and probably mentally unstable than establish him as some sort of monster.

Then there's the stuff about the 14 year old girl, which IS a much bigger deal. In fact, I actually think Ryan is lucky that they threw the Mandy/Phoebe stuff in there, because that stuff is rather insignificant comparatively and distracts from this behavior.

The two most damning things in this article are Ryan asking this girl to not tell her parents and comparing himself to R. Kelly. In light of that, any defense that he didn't know her age is out the window. Ryan is an asshole and behaved like one in these relationships. But maintaining a relationship with an underage girl for years and encouraging her to conceal it from her parents is on a completely different level and actually is sort of disgusting on a mindblowing level.
SonofabitchVanOwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links