TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

So, the rise of conspiracy theories.....

Old 08-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #76
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: So, the rise of conspiracy theories.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I just checked out his twitter. Best bit is when he says "do your own research", which apparently involves googling pix of Epstein's corpse and deciding that the ears look different, lol.
'i looked at no less than three different websites about this - so im qualified to make this statement!' hahahaha

Quote:
As always, the internet was a bad idea.
indeed!

“This Shithole Made Me”: 4 Extremely Online Writers on How the Internet Broke Our Brains and How We Can Unbreak Them

https://www.motherjones.com/media/20...-unbreak-them/
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #77
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Latest spin-off from the Epstein body double fantasy is that the corpse was actually Anthony Bourdain.

I wish I was making that up.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #78
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

jfc
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #79
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Latest spin-off from the Epstein body double fantasy is that the corpse was actually Anthony Bourdain.

I wish I was making that up.
For fuck sake....
Old 08-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #80
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

anyone checked out the podcast Bundyville? Just finished season two and it was great. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:40 PM   #81
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
anyone checked out the podcast Bundyville? Just finished season two and it was great. Highly recommend.
is it about?:

a] ted bundy
b] al bundy
c] king kong bundy
d] all of the above
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #82
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post

I had a lot of driving to do this week, so I checked it out and have listened to the first two episodes of season one so far. Its really interesting. I didn't know much about the standoff, so this filled in a lot of background. And how the patriot movement links in with white extremism, religion, conspiracy theories......you can see a very similar pattern in Qanon and a lot of the other conspiracy offshoots.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:32 PM   #83
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

So I watched Behind the Curve the other day. Oh boy.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #84
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Discovered I have a real-life, full-blown conspiracy theorist in my own extended family this weekend. Had dinner with some relatives and turns out my brother-in-law is deep into the Freemason/Jews control the world guff. It wasn't entirely surprising - he's always been a bit loopy and a member of an obscure happy-clappy fundamentalist Christian group that believes in guardian angels.
He also suspected the Freemasons has something to do with him getting fired from his last job, but he admitted it was "hard to prove that".

"The death of critical thinking" has become a cliche of late, but in many cases, its true. This is a well educated guy, with a couple of degrees.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #85
roscoe

roscoe is just really niceroscoe is just really nice

Quote:
Discovered I have a real-life, full-blown conspiracy theorist in my own extended family this weekend. Had dinner with some relatives and turns out my brother-in-law is deep into the Freemason/Jews control the world guff. It wasn't entirely surprising - he's always been a bit loopy and a member of an obscure happy-clappy fundamentalist Christian group that believes in guardian angels.
He also suspected the Freemasons has something to do with him getting fired from his last job, but he admitted it was "hard to prove that".

"The death of critical thinking" has become a cliche of late, but in many cases, its true. This is a well educated guy, with a couple of degrees.
A couple of degrees short of a circle by the sound of it Syd. Still, kudos for the old-school Freemason trope. Haven't heard that one for a while.

http://www.roscoe.bandcamp.com
roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #86
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I still stand by my first post in this thread.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #87
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

this pod was fun / sad

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Tf...QzemHWmHJtv9Pg

andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #88
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I still stand by my first post in this thread.
It was a good post.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:12 PM   #89
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Looks like a high profile Q Anon supporter is good buddies with the Australian PM. And his wife works in the PM's office.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...scott-morrison

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 10-04-2019 at 08:32 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #90
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

And to clarify, I highly doubt ScoMo is deep into Q-Anon. He encouraged Australian telcos to ban 8-chan for a start, which a closet Q-believer would never have done.

I hope his friend isn't expecting too many dinner invites in the future though. Awkward.
Sponsored Links