TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2017 Albums Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Arcade Fire - Everything Now (7/28)

Old 06-28-2017, 05:44 PM   #51
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Arcade Fire - Infinite Content (summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Following Funeral was probably a big part of it too.
Well Rob, just when I thought you couldn’t be anymore blinded by the inside of your rectum, you go and surprise me yet again by crawling even further up your own ass. Certainly something to behold!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #52
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arcade Fire - Everything Now (7/28)

Its OK to be wrong about Funeral Jack.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #53
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Jack, show us on the doll where the 2005 indie kid touched you.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:09 AM   #54
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Jack's opinions on music
Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #55
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Old 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #56
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

So I've been listening to the single as much as any other track from this year, and it's not getting old. It's really fucking good.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #57
Tim Simmons

Yeah, these tracks are good. Surprised how different the sound is from Reflektor.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #58
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Creature Comfort is kind of what I expect from Arcade Fire. Just a really good track. But you're definitely right, this album is going to be different from Reflektor. I suspect this album will end up being a favorite of mine for the year.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #59
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

All 3 tunes so far have been pretty solid. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #60
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Got a pretty mediocre rating on pitchfork, listening to it now... outside of the hits, its meh

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...verything-now/
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #61
Tim Simmons

I think it's way better than people are giving it credit for. But I guess, it is their worst album. But it's not a 5.x record.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #62
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Has some good songs on it but overall it's a bit underwhelming. I don't think the two Infinite Content songs in the middle are necessary, don't really add anything. And then if you take off the two Everything Now (Continued) tracks is only really a 9 track album. Although I think going for a shorter album (length wise) was the right thing to do after the last two being on the longer side, but if it's going to be shorter then I think leave the filler off.

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #63
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
Has some good songs on it but overall it's a bit underwhelming. I don't think the two Infinite Content songs in the middle are necessary, don't really add anything. And then if you take off the two Everything Now (Continued) tracks is only really a 9 track album. Although I think going for a shorter album (length wise) was the right thing to do after the last two being on the longer side, but if it's going to be shorter then I think leave the filler off.

Right on.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #64
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone find it bizarre how pretty much everyone turned on them with this album? I don't really get it. It didn't make a blip on professional year end lists.

They won the Grammy Album of the Year with Suburbs, which probably got them their highest public exposure(I guess?) and followed that with the double album Reflektor, had a live tie-in special on SNL to promote that album, and at sometime wanted to enforce a dress code for their shows (was that on the Reflektor tour or earlier?). Even thought Reflektor was pretty well received, maybe all of this caught up with them and affected Everything Now.

I can understand if someone likes it less than one of their other albums, but I don't really see that anything it did would make someone flip 180 on it.

***I kinda feel the same thing happened with The Shins between Wincing and their 4th album. They got their biggest exposure after Garden State and put out Wincing, played SNL, etc. I think Wincing is their weakest album, and even though their 4th and 5th albums were stronger, Wincing was the most heard and affected the 4th one. Think about how untouchable leading up to and when Wincing came out, and yet, Heartworms comes out in 2017 and I don't think I saw it on a single list. To me the songs and songwriting are still there. I don't get it.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #65
Tim Simmons

I think the promotion for it was bloated and drawn out. The whole premise of the album (product integration/promotion/sponsorship/producing content for a consuming world) fell flat and it felt like they weren’t saying anything really.

On top of that only about half the album is really good. The other half is pretty crap. 2017 was also an amazing year for music, so it had a lot to compete with.

I don’t think the sound of the album was that far removed from Reflektor. So I don’t think that’s it. I think the overall assessment is that the album was just a miss.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #66
Tim Simmons

As for why people are turned on them (sterogum commenters really hate them now), Idk. That is weird.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #67
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
As for why people are turned on them (sterogum commenters really hate them now), Idk. That is weird.
It is weird.