TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 11-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #26
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #27
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Aussies win the Champions Trophy overnight.
Nice!
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:11 AM   #28
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

I don't actually know anything about cricket...but hey, Australia won and that's all that matters!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #29
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

Quote:
Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has been crowned the ICC Player of the Year at an awards ceremony in Mumbai.

Ponting also took out the honour for Test Player of the Year as well as being selected in the Test and one-day teams of the year.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #30
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Quote:
2005/06 ICC Awards:
Player of the year: Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Test player of the year: Ricky Ponting (Australia)
ODI player of the year: Michael Hussey (Australia)
Women's player of the year: Karen Rolton (Australia)

Emerging player of the year: Ian Bell (England)
Captain of the year: Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka)
Spirit of cricket award: England
Umpire of the year: Simon Taufel

World ODI team of the year (in batting order):
Adam Gilchrist (Australia, wicket-keeper)
Mahendra Dhoni (India)
Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka, captain)
Yuvraj Singh (India)
Michael Hussey (Australia)
Andrew Flintoff (England)
Irfan Pathan (India)
Brett Lee (Australia)
Shane Bond (New Zealand)
Muttiah Muralidaran (Sri Lanka)
12th man: Andrew Symonds (Australia)

Test team of the year (in batting order):
Matthew Hayden (Australia)
Michael Hussey (Australia)

Ricky Ponting (Australia)
Rahul Dravid (India, captain)
Mohammed Yousuf (Pakistan)
Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka, wicket-keeper)
Andrew Flintoff (England)
Shane Warne (Australia)
Makhaya Ntini (South Africa)
Muttiah Muralidaran (Sri Lanka)
Glenn McGrath (Australia)
12th man: Brett Lee (Australia)
i think australia is kind of good at cricket
Old 11-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #31
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
i think australia is kind of good at cricket
Yeah, maybe just a little
Old 11-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #32
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

i want sydney to weigh in on Symonds only being voted the 12th man for ODI, when she said he was the best ODI player
Old 11-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #33
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
i want sydney to weigh in on Symonds only being voted the 12th man for ODI, when she said he was the best ODI player
Syd's away for a week... she left us to go on some exotic trip with Paul Rudd.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #34
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

how terribly lame
Old 11-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #35
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
how terribly lame
I concur. :imp
Old 11-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #36
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Syd's away for a week... she left us to go on some exotic trip with Paul Rudd.
She's going to miss Round 2 of the trivia challenge. I'm sure she'll be very dissapointed.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #37
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappss1 View Post
She's going to miss Round 2 of the trivia challenge. I'm sure she'll be very dissapointed.
You would think so, wouldn't you?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #38
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That ODI side is full of flaws. Symonds should be batting in the middle order, not getting the drinks. He's not the only oversight either. I would have Flintoff as captain in preference to Jayawardene and I have no idea why Shane Bond is even in the side. Probably because they needed a token Kiwi.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #39
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Quote:
Be the first in the world to know who will represent Australia in the First 3 mobile Ashes Test at the Gabba when cricket.com.au reveals the team at 1.00pm on 16 November.

With all contenders in action this week, it promises to be a difficult process for the National Selection Panel.

Who will be the final seamer? Clark? Johnson? Tait? Bracken?

And, who will hold down the number six spot? Watson? Clarke? Symonds?

Stuart Clark has impressed with his First-Class performances in November, including taking eight wickets against South Australia recently.

Mitchell Johnson pulled together some great spells in India during the ICC Champions Trophy and could be the wildcard that gives the Aussies the edge.

Watson, Clarke and Symonds are also in action this week and out to impress.

And, is Phil Jaques' hot form putting pressure on the selectors too? With two centuries agains England in three days, he has also put his hand up. Round 3 Pura Cup matches may also influence the line-up, as all players push to press their case for selection.

All the questions will be answered at 1.00pm AEDST on 16 November, when Australia's team for the first 3 mobile Ashes Test is announced exclusively on the official website of Australian cricket, cricket.com.au.
two days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #40
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow

A 700-run win during a limited overs cricket match, and not one six - how's that?

Indian schoolboys Shahbaz Tumbi and B. Manoj Kumar have not just rewritten, but chewed up and spat out, the record books after scoring a mammoth 721 runs from 40 overs during an under-13s tournament on Wednesday.

If that wasn't enough, their team, St Peter's High School, went out and bowled the opposition, St Philips High School, for 21 runs, described as a "meagre total" on the Hyderabad Cricket Association website.

The openers' unheard-of run-rate of more than 18 an over was achieved, remarkably, without either hitting a six. Tumbi scored 324 not out from 116 balls, including 57 boundaries, while Kumar scored at a slightly slower pace, managing 320 not out off 127 balls, featuring 46 fours.

The 721-run total, during an inter-schools tournament at the Gymkhana Grounds in Secunderabad, eclipses the previous partnership record of 664, held by India's cricketing god Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli.

Three records were broken during their stand: highest total, highest stand and highest margin of victory - in any form of limited-overs cricket at any level.

The BBC reported that several television channels reported live as the pair received cash rewards and prizes by the school management and other well-wishers, while a media frenzy has now descended on the school.

"We went in to the field with only one thing in our minds. We will have to play all 40 overs, score big and make a name for our school," Shahbaz told the BBC.

"We only came to know of the scale of our achievement after we returned to the pavilion.

"Having broken the school record of Sachin Tendulkar, we also want to go up to his level of playing and one day play for India."

Manoj added: "We first thought of scoring a century, then a double century and finally the third one.

"When we were about 64 runs short of breaking the 1998 record, the coach told me about it and we scored it in six overs."

Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM   #41
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

that is ridiculous, has a one day 500 happened yet in International?

kev
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #42
Sydneyfan

Quote:
that is ridiculous, has a one day 500 happened yet in International?

kev
Yep, it is a bit ridiculous, the bowling must have been shocking. The highest ODI score was 438 - which South Africa scored against Australia earlier this year. That was a crazy match - Ponting top scored with 164 and the Aussies broke the record in their innings. Then the Saffers came in and broke it again.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #43
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Lara on fire for Windies

Quote:
West Indian Brian Lara has become just the fifth batsman of all time to record a century before lunch, as he led his country to a big first-innings score in the second Test against Pakistan in Multan.
http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=37991

now that is impressive
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #44
Sydneyfan

Wow, looks like Lara's got his mojo back.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #45
Sydneyfan

I love a good sledge and these are some classic ones:

1. After beating the bat on a number of occasions Shaun Pollock told Ricky Ponting, “It’s red, its round and weighs about 5 ounces.” Ponting hit the next ball out of the ground. He jibed, “You know what it looks like, go and find it.”

2. It’s fair to say that Ian Healy – and indeed the entire Australian team - had an icy relationship with pudgy Sri Lankan skipper Arjuna Ranatunga. One extremely hot night in Sydney Ranatunga called for a runner. The television microphones clearly picked up Healy saying, “You don’t get a runner for being an overweight and unfit fat *******.” On another occasion, Shane Warne was trying to lure the led-footed and extremely plump Ranatunga down the pitch. Warne expressed his anguish at not being able to do so. Healy interjected, “Put a Mars Bar on a good length. That should do it.”

3. As Daryll Cullinan – an infamous Shane Warne bunny - came to the crease, the King of Spin taunted him by saying he’d been waiting two years to have another crack him. Cullinan retorted, “Looks like you spent it eating.”

4. English player James Ormond had just come to the crease and was greeted by a tirade of abuse from Mark Waugh: “Mate, what are you doing here? There is no way you’re good enough to play for England.” Ormond responded, “Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family.”

5. When English all-rounder Ian Botham came to the crease in an Ashes Test, Aussie ‘keeper Rod Marsh greeted him with the following pleasantry: “So how’s your wife and my kids.”

6. Merv Hughes was in the middle of a typically hostile spell in the West Indies. He didn’t say a word, but continually stared down Windies great Viv Richards at the end of his run up. Viv retorted, "This is my island, my culture. Don’t you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl.” Again, Merv didn’t reply. But after dismissing Richards he proudly gave the great man a lesson in Australian way of life: "In my culture we just say f*** off."

7. The Pom’s have always been famous for mocking their own players, with this a particularly good example. After the beer-bellied Mike Gatting was bowled by Shane Warne’s “ball of the century” on the Ashes tour of 1993, his team mate Graham Gooch uttered, “If it had been a cheese roll it would never have got past him.”

8. Likewise, 60’s legend Freddie Truman didn’t mind getting stuck into his own English team mates. After watching an outside edge go right through second slip’s legs, Freddie was obviously angry, but didn’t say a word. At the end of the over, the fielder – Raman Subba Row – came up to Truman and apologised: “Sorry Fred, I should have kept my legs together.” Truman responded, “So should your mother.”

more here: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006069,00.html
Old 11-22-2006, 02:37 AM   #46
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Not on the cricket pitch but Fred Truman once called my father a "cheeky little cunt"

He was working on some farm near where Truman lived, putting in a fence, Truman asked my dad how he got the fence so straight.

"well Fred," said my dad "it's all about line and length"
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:22 AM   #47
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

there are some good ones in there
Old 11-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #48
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

not that i see it happening but

Quote:
Australia could lose top spot in the ICC Test rankings for the first time since 2003 if England can close out the 3 mobile Ashes series 3-0 or 4-1.
http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=37998
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #49
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

question:

is Ponting a speed or a spin bowler?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #50
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

I loved the "funnies" - thanks.

Last edited by Faded Rose; 11-22-2006 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: spelling
Faded Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
australia, australia rocks, australia sux, awesome 1!!1one1!1, best sport, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, cricket, cricket is super boring, dull as fuck, go away haters, sports, stfu cricket haters, thefed