TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

III/IV Discussion Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
III/IV Discussion Thread

A thread to discuss the album when people start getting theirs in the mail or from iTunes/Amazon or whatever.

Remember, no illegal sharing music in the TBY Forums (That means links to DL sites, blogs and FTPs. No B&Ps, Home Taping, or standing behind someone in disguise while they listen to the album.)
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: III/IV Discussion Thread

Thanks for the friendly reminder.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I have no thoughts at this time.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Rock n Roll Part II featuring Officer David Livingson
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I'm just excited.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
bcart
Suburban gangster flow

bcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to allbcart is a name known to all

I think I'm really going to like Dear Candy. I bet the flow is fantastic.
bcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I read that some guy, based in LA, who ordered the album with priority shipping, got his copy yesterday. And that other people received emails saying it had been shipped. I can't confirm that though, this being the internet and all.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Hold on...wasn't the shipping date from Pax-Am supposed to be Dec 14?

This album wasn't leaked, it leaked itself.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

This is the email I rec'd:

Shipping confirmation for order #15497
Please note, this DOES NOT mean your order is shipping. Due to the extremely high volume of orders received and in an effort to get you your purchase on time, it is necessary for us to process the shipping labels for these orders ahead of time. We will be shipping this out on the previously indicated date of December 14th. Thank you for your understanding.

All of the items from order #15497 are getting ready to be shipped:

1x Cardinals III/IV CD Pre-Order

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:
Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruit View Post
This is the email I rec'd:

Shipping confirmation for order #15497
Please note, this DOES NOT mean your order is shipping. Due to the extremely high volume of orders received and in an effort to get you your purchase on time, it is necessary for us to process the shipping labels for these orders ahead of time. We will be shipping this out on the previously indicated date of December 14th. Thank you for your understanding.

All of the items from order #15497 are getting ready to be shipped:

1x Cardinals III/IV CD Pre-Order

They are being shipped via USPS to the following address:

Hmm, maybe the guy saying he already received his copy was telling untruths then. And the others just didn't read their emails properly. It's a mystery.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
Sydneyfan

Ok, nope. My extensive e-resources* are telling me that people have received this album. Confirmed.

*lurking
Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
Sydneyfan

FROM RAA

Quote:
My copy came from PAX-AM today. Thanks Ryan! Download card for demos was in the large envelope separately from the small envelope w/ CD so double check if you didn't see it. Just about to start listening. I think 'll be checking out of posing on RAA for a bit while I process this new music b/c the on-the fly commentary drives me crazy and I it takes me a while to absorb. I dod already notice in liner notes though that Norah Jones has back up vocals on at least one track so that's cool.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

I'm going out to the mailbox now. You are right Syd, the durned think leaked itself. That is kind of embarrassing.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
Sydneyfan

Quote:
I'm going out to the mailbox now. You are right Syd, the durned think leaked itself. That is kind of embarrassing.
Maybe it's just people who paid for priority shipping or something? I dunno, I didn't order anything so I'm a bit out of the loop as to the process.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

My USPS tracking code shows that my package is "out for delivery".

Whatdayaknow.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #16
Sydneyfan

Quote:
My USPS tracking code shows that my package is "out for delivery".

Whatdayaknow.
Looks like this album is busting out early.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Maybe it's a Christmas miracle or something. That'll be the story.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Maybe it's a Christmas miracle or something. That'll be the story.
Screw world peace. Lets have some jamz please.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #19
becay23

becay23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Listening to it now. I am afraid to post my opinion on RAA so I came here.
Hate to say it: Underwelming/b-sides
(and I liked all his previous incarnations)
becay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #20
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by becay23 View Post
Hi and welcome.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #21
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

I've been listening for a few days and I actually really like some of the songs but some other songs are lame-o ("Numbers" drives me absolutely batty. It's so schizophrenic - one second it's catchy (I like the 'we're fucked' part) and the next I want to rip my ears out from the "Numbers numbers numbers numbers" crescendo). But I love Breakdown, Dear Candy, Wasteland, Gracie, Lovely & Blue, Happy Bday... It'll probably turn into a bit of a RockNRoll for me. Some catchy songs and a fun listen when I'm in the right mood but it's no heartbreaker, cold roses, JCN and does not have the Cold Roses feel that I think RA was saying it did at some point. But, I really do like some of these songs. More excited about Darkness and where he'll be going with that, though.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #22
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by becay23 View Post
That's pretty much what I thought too. Granted, I didn't give it too many listens, but I don't want to have to go digging for a gem amongst the turds. So many of the songs sound exactly the same, plus he uses that sing-songy-run-on-sentence voice that I really don't prefer. Meh.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #23
Sydneyfan

Some early impressions from alt-country.org posters:

Quote:
listened to III/IV this AM finally, i'm pretty sure it's April 1st and the joke's on us...

Quote:
Numbers is the worst song i have ever heard

Quote:
The Crystal Skull. My god i've just listened to that youtube clip and it stinks. What the fuck happened to this guy?

Quote:
Numbers is great, because it has a piece of just Catherine singing.

Quote:
I like this alot more than I thought I would. Better than Cardinology.
Quote:
I just listened to this... sounds like Rock N' Roll Part II. There's a couple of decent tracks but nothing here really measures up to his best material...
I'll need to live with this a bit before I'll pass final judgment but after one listen I'd give this a C+
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

hmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
JackStark211

I guess Norah Jones is singing on Typecast.

Tags
best thing since 2005, customer service, iii/iv, mediocre album, mike kuntz is a god, pax am, pax-am, pax-am is always right, the customer is not always right, the vault, things happen