TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #251
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

I think it will be on the channel that I have been watching the ashes and ODI series on
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #252
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I bet we see Clark at the World Cup after all.

Quote:
STUART Clark has been singled out as the man to ease Australia's bowling crisis, amid confusion about the shape of their best side less than a week before they depart for the World Cup.

Former fast bowler Geoff Lawson, who watched the tour of New Zealand as a commentator, said the 3-0 Chappell-Hadlee Trophy humiliation could have been avoided if the calm paceman had been present.

Clark is likely to be rushed into the World Cup squad if, as expected, Brett Lee is ruled out next week because of ligament damage to his ankle.

"If Stuart Clark had played in New Zealand the chances are we would have won all three games," Lawson said. "He knows where every ball is going, he is a guy who understands his tactics and he is a leader in that side. He's a mature guy, he's over 30, he's got a great cricket brain. He's the kind of guy they need out on the park to help in a crisis. It's not just his bowling that is beneficial, it's his cricket knowledge."
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/c...733845009.html
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #253
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

what have we been saying since the Ashes side was being selected? Clearly we need to be the new selectors
Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 PM   #254
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
what have we been saying since the Ashes side was being selected? Clearly we need to be the new selectors
Indeed. I should send a link to this thread to the ACB. All their problems would be over.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #255
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

What price for a Canada-Scotland Final?

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #256
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Indeed. I should send a link to this thread to the ACB. All their problems would be over.
Could you also forward it to the ECB too.

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #257
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
What price for a Canada-Scotland Final?
, I don't know but I would throw $10 on it just to see
Old 02-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #258
Quincy
1up

Just checked and both countries are 1000/1 to win the cup.

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #259
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

that would be an easy 10K
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #260
Quincy
1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
that would be an easy 10K
Easy - just need to eliminate 16 or so of the other teams. I don't think I have enough cricket balls to leave lying around on the outfield.

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #261
Sydneyfan

The Scots actually fancy their chances to beat Australia.....

Quote:
EDINBURGH: Scotland coach Peter Drinnen says his in-form team can add to Australia's one-day international woes by stunning the favourites in their opening World Cup match.

Drinnen, an Australian, is convinced his adopted team's recent run of good results suggests they can beat Australia in St Kitts on March 14, for what would be one of the sport's greatest upsets.

The 39-year-old believes his countrymen have never been more vulnerable following a run of five straight ODI defeats. "If we can take early wickets, which I'm sure we can with the way we've been bowling, we might cause the likes of Australia a few problems," Drinnen said. "If we get it together, we are going to be very dangerous."
Old 02-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #262
Quincy
1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
The Scots actually fancy their chances to beat Australia.....
Isn't there a way they could both lose?

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #263
Sydneyfan

If Daryl Hair was umpiring the match he could probably figure something out....
Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #264
Quincy
1up

I vote for him to be put in charge for that match then.

Did you hear about his ridiculous attempt at suing the ICC?

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #265
Sydneyfan

Was that the racial discrimination thing?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #266
Quincy
1up

I don't know, it's to do with the whole Pakistan thing. He's seemed to be trying to get money out of that from the start.

Sorry?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #267
Sydneyfan

I read something that he was claiming he was racially villified because he was white.....he's quite weird.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 PM   #268
Quincy
1up

He's a prick.

Sorry?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #269
Sydneyfan

Greatest Australian ODI side of all time named in Sydney yesterday. Steve Waugh is captain and five current players make the side.Seems pretty spot on to me.

Quote:
HE might have an inferior win-loss record, but Steve Waugh last night pipped Ricky Ponting for the honorary title of captain of Australia's greatest one-day international team.

Named at a function to farewell Australia's World Cup side, the all-time Australian 12 contained few surprises. The presence of five current players - Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Andrew Symonds, Brett Lee and Glenn McGrath - reflected not only the greater number of one-dayers played in the modern era compared to the past, but also Australia's until-recently breathtaking form.

The great Greg Chappell only gained a place as 12th man, and there was no room for Allan Border, David Boon, Craig McDermott or Simon O'Donnell, who all helped Australia to its first World Cup title in 1987. The only two members of that side to make the cut were Dean Jones and Waugh, who was also a slightly controversial choice as captain.

Waugh, whose appearances in 325 one-dayers remain an Australian record, led Australia in 106 matches for 67 victories - a win rate of 63 per cent. Ponting, named vice-captain last night, has a win rate of 76 per cent, with 105 successes from 138 matches.

Dennis Lillee was also regarded by many as an automatic choice, despite having played only 63 ODIs for Australia

TEAM:
Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh, Ricky Ponting, Dean Jones, Steve Waugh, Michael Bevan, Andrew Symonds, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Dennis Lillee, Glenn McGrath, Greg Chappell (12th man).
Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #270
Quincy
1up

They should have made Warne captain.

Sorry?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #271
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
They should have made Warne captain.
Actually, Warne should have been captain of Australia and would have been except he couldn't leave the women alone. I think the selectors would have forgiven him for the Indian betting scandal if he had behaved himself in every other way. It's a pity because he has a brilliant cricket mind. The rest of his mind is not so fortunate however.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #272
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Sorry, this isn't cricket discussion, but I saw it on TV tonight and just had to share.
Brett Lee singing. It made it to #2 on the charts in India

Old 02-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #273
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

yeah that is GOLD!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #274
Sydneyfan

That song is hysterical. And so successful that he's making a follow up single soon. The Indians love Binga.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #275
Sydneyfan

Well, that is my Christmas present settled for 2007.

Quote:
In possibly the most bizarre example seen of cricket merchandising, Cricket Australia has endorsed the sale of a baby doll dressed in the national one-day cricket strip who is billed as "so Truly Real you'll love him like your own".

Richie, Bill and Co never got the chance to plug him on air during the Australian summer, but "Steve, the little Aussie supersub" is made by "Master Artist Bonnie Chyle for the Ashton-Drake Galleries", according to magazine advertisements, and "feels just like a real baby … from his Realtouch vinyl skin to his hand-applied hair, wide blue eyes and irresistible expression".

He's not a toy, mind, but "a fine collectible to be enjoyed by adult collectors", and yours for only five easy instalments of $49.95, plus - as sure as day follows night - $19.95 postage and handling.

Asked why Cricket Australia was endorsing counterfeit babies who specialised in the limited-overs form of the game, its marketing manager, Adam Vincenzini - after reminding himself of who Little Steve was - told us it was a common enough piece of merchandise.

"Plenty of other sports have gone down this path and it's just another popular item that seems to be on the wish list of fans."

Asked whether he envisaged a grandstand teeming with Little Steves in the opening match of Australia's World Cup campaign on March 14, Vincenzini said: "Who knows what will happen with Little Steve? But if it gets people closer to the team and closer to the game, then that's great."

Players took their families with them on tour these days, he said. However, for the likes of Michael Clarke and Mitchell Johnson, who do not yet have any children, it may be just the thing to ward off the loneliness on tour.
Sponsored Links

Tags
australia, australia rocks, australia sux, awesome 1!!1one1!1, best sport, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, cricket, cricket is super boring, dull as fuck, go away haters, sports, stfu cricket haters, thefed