TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #201
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all
Re: the highlight of my day (now cricket discussion thread)

yeah I just read the headline about White and Clark, and kept repeating this is bullshit!

because it is, if Tait blows up and spends most of the tour not playing it will serve them right!
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #202
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

serious question, who has gone out for the most ducks, because Graeme Smith seems to go out for quite a few
Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #203
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Oh no, Lee rolled his ankle hopefully nothing serious!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #204
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
Oh no, Lee rolled his ankle hopefully nothing serious!
Looks like he's out of the Chappell-Hadlee series according to the latest reports.

This is a bit of a general update on Lee and the rest of the team... we are missing some key players...

Quote:
ustralia's World Cup squad received a major scare today when paceman Brett Lee limped from Wellington's Basin Reserve with injuries to his left ankle and knee.

Lee, training with the Australian squad ahead of the Chappell-Hadlee series opening match tomorrow, received treatment on the ground for 10 minutes and was in visible discomfort before being whisked away by team medical staff.

Lee now looks highly unlikely to play any part in the three-match series in New Zealand.

Lee suffered the injury while taking part in a fielding drill. He was sliding for a ball when his foot was caught in the turf, twisting his ankle.

The injury comes just two days after the World Cup squad was named, with NSW paceman Stuart Clark considered unlucky to miss the cut.

Speaking after the squad announcement, captain Ricky Ponting noted that it would only take an injury for Clark to come back into the frame.

"Who knows - one of the guys rolls an ankle on a ball and I'm sure Stuey is going to be the first guy we call up. As we saw in the last World Cup, lots of funny things can happen," Ponting said.

The world champions' pace bowling spearhead was taken to hospital for scans.

Should Lee be ruled out of Friday's Westpac Stadium day-nighter, the Australians will be missing another key player alongside resting captain Ricky Ponting, wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist and injured all-rounder Andrew Symonds.

Batsman Michael Clarke is also still in doubt after arriving in New Zealand yesterday with a hip problem.

If Lee is ruled out, Mitchell Johnson is likely to take his place in the playing 11.

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 02-14-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #205
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
serious question, who has gone out for the most ducks, because Graeme Smith seems to go out for quite a few
In Tests or ODI's? This question defeats even my cricket nerd skills, ha.....I'll check a couple of sites and see if I can find anything...
Old 02-14-2007, 10:55 PM   #206
Sydneyfan

For Tests it looks like Courtney Walsh (West Indies) wins with 43 ducks from 185 Test innings. McGrath is actually second.....34 ducks from 133 innings.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #207
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

thanks, on the topic of McGrath, where did the nickname pigeon come from?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #208
Sydneyfan

Because of his long skinny legs.

His other most common nickname is Millard - which is a brand of caravan. When he first came to Sydney from the bush to play cricket he was so poor, he had to live in a caravan park for a year because he couldn't afford to rent an apartment.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #209
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

I am embarassed for the Australian team, that was the worst performance I think I have ever seen from them, hopefully they will regroup and come back strong in the rest of the series
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #210
Sydneyfan

I didn't watch the game, and I'm glad about that. I know we had several key players missing, but that doesn't excuse that performance. 10 wickets! Hopefully the loss will shock the team back to their senses.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #211
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

yeah it was not pretty, I gave up after 43 overs and went to bed. Where the hell is Tait? He is on the World Cup squad but didn't play last night, that is bullshit!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #212
Sydneyfan

There were several MIA last night. Obviously, this particular competition is not being taken very seriously by team management. I can understand the need to rest and rotate players etc, but getting your arse kicked like that is terrible for the team's morale and just gives opposing teams more confidence next time they play against us.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #213
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

but the thing is that if they lose this series they lose their number 1 overall ranking
Old 02-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #214
Sydneyfan

I know, which is why I am so confused at some of the selections being made and the way the Aussies seem to have lost their spark all of a sudden. Maybe they peaked too early? Let's hope they can get back on track quickly.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #215
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I have only one thing to say on this matter:

Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #216
Sydneyfan

Please leave this thread.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #217
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Make me
Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #218
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Make me
grrr
Old 02-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #219
Quincy
1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
grrr
i'm running scared....
Old 02-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #220
Sydneyfan

It was a pretty scary grrr.

I am getting no respect today on this board.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #221
Quincy
1up

you had respect?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #222
Sydneyfan

Actually, now I think about it...I never get any respect on this board .....
Old 02-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #223
Sydneyfan

Damn, we just cross posted.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:35 PM   #224
Quincy
1up

I'm sorry to back up your low self-esteem
Old 02-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #225
Sydneyfan

Well, its always nice to have reinforcements.
Sponsored Links

Tags
australia, australia rocks, australia sux, awesome 1!!1one1!1, best sport, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, cricket, cricket is super boring, dull as fuck, go away haters, sports, stfu cricket haters, thefed