Fargo

Old 05-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #26
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough
Re: Fargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
My wife and I have the final two episodes of season 2 tonight, haven't started season 3. Really liked how they did this past one. Fat Matt Damon.
You mean Meth Damon?
Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #27
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

well - that was unexpected
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #28
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I heard last nights was crazy. I won't be watching it until next week.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:05 AM   #29
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

what a fuckin great episode!

Spoiler:
looks like mister wrench is the only character to appear in all three ssns [so far]
Old 06-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #30
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
what a fuckin great episode!

Spoiler:
looks like mister wrench is the only character to appear in all three ssns [so far]
Haha. Yep.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #31
sleigher

last episode is next week

where is everyone at with this ssn? love it or hate it?

hawley said this might be the last one
Old 06-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #32
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

I'm waiting for the final episode to start binging.

3 seasons is a good amount for most any series
Old 06-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #33
JackStark211

Love the episode. Swango is the shit.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #34
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

probably my least favorite of the 3, but still good television
Old 06-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #35
JackStark211

Quote:

Love it. Better than season 2 but not better than season 1.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #36
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Love it. Better than season 2 but not better than season 1.
S2 > S1 > S3 in my book

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #37
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
S2 > S1 > S3 in my book

I am a few episodes behind though

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #38
sleigher

thought it was a brilliant end to a great ssn

and if it turns out to be the case - a great end to a great series

this one more than the others reminded me of the coens more esoteric films like barton fink and the man who wasnt there
Old 06-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #39
JackStark211

Quote:
thought it was a brilliant end to a great ssn

and if it turns out to be the case - a great end to a great series

this one more than the others reminded me of the coens more esoteric films like barton fink and the man who wasnt there
I totally agree. I think that is why I liked this season so much. I also love the strong female leads. Swango and Burgle were great and it didn't hurt that they are played by great actresses. Carrie Coon needs to become a household name.

Last edited by JackStark211; 06-23-2017 at 02:18 PM..
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #40
sleigher

Quote:
Carrie Coon needs to become a household name.
i think thats exactly what will happen after the papers is released

directed by spielberg and starring tom hanks and meryl streep along with coon and a bunch of other great actors

Last edited by sleigher; 06-23-2017 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: more words
Old 06-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #41
JackStark211

I had not heard of that film. Wow. That cast!
Old 06-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #42
sleigher

Quote:
I had not heard of that film. Wow. That cast!
im flipping out that bob and david are gonna be in a spielberg film - insane!
Old 01-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #43
sleigher

Fargos creator Noah Hawley is a busy guy. Hes got Legion to focus on, and even a Doctor Doom movie, so we figured itd be a while before he returned to Fargo after it finished its third season. At FXs Television Critics Association panel today, however, the networks CEO John Landgraf said Hawley has found an idea for the series fourth season.

Noah Hawley, whos become quite a busy bee not only with Legion but hes got a pretty substantial career as a novelist and hes got a pretty substantial feature career coming up as a writer-director, has told us he has an idea, which excites me enormously for a fourth cycle of Fargo, Landgraf said. And the plan is to have that ready for 2019.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/fx-is...4-in-2019.html
Old 08-03-2018, 04:52 PM   #44
sleigher

looks like ssn four is a go - heres the set up:

In 1950, at the end of two great American migrations that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the US at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York, Chicago and African Americans who left the south in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African American. Together they control an alternate economy that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons.

Chris Rock plays the head of one family, a man who in order to prosper has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy, and who must in turn raise his sons enemy as his own. Its an uneasy peace, but profitable. And then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes. Its a story of immigration and assimilation, and the things we do for money. And as always, a story of basically decent people who are probably in over their heads. You know, Fargo.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #45
JackStark211

Interesting.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #46
sleigher

i kinda hope chris rocks son turns out to be mike milligan
Old 08-06-2018, 04:51 PM   #47
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i kinda hope chris rocks son turns out to be mike milligan
You might be onto something there, given the Kansas City connection. Not sure what it says about me, but Mike Milligan is probably my favourite character so far.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:46 AM   #48
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
You might be onto something there, given the Kansas City connection. Not sure what it says about me, but Mike Milligan is probably my favourite character so far.
agreed! he was so intriguing

i was hoping for some connection between milligan and varga last ssn - thinking maybe varga was working for the same corporation that milligan wound up with
Old 09-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #49
sleigher

timothy olyphant will be part of the cast for ssn four - very excited!
Sponsored Links