TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan performing with the LA Phil

Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #51
Sprigg Diggler

Sprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ryan performing with the LA Phil

The show was pretty amazing and I was able to get a descent recording of Black Sheets of Rain on my phone. I'd be happy to send it to anyone that sends me a PM. (I feel it's ok to say this since it's not a copyrighted recording) I attempted to take a video of Heartbreak a Stranger, but it turned out like crap.

Thankfully he didn't play the full 8 minute version that borders on 80's heavy metal. It's interesting to listen to the original after you hear Ryan's resounsingly beautiful interpretation. I figured he'd play something off of Workbook, and I'm glad he chose Heartbreak A Stranger.
Sprigg Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #52
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
Oh shit oh shit oh shit.... that is awesome!!! I must hear this...

That is bad ass beyond belief!
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #53
OPI
Let the daylight in...

OPI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
He kind of looks fat in that picture.
Ryan, eat a salad, you fat bastard.

i kid, i kid
Old 11-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #54
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

That Heartbreak a Stranger is fabulous. Great job. It would have been cool if he chatted more, but let's face it... he doesn't always play great with others. It's Bob's show and he seems like a true fan. If he didn't want to make unneeded noise or commotion, I'm OK with that.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #55
GoodSkanky

I often say bizarre stuff in my lectures, which can be funny/informative, but are somewhat involuntary and I don't like that I, in a public sphere, blurt out stuff that way even if it ends up being very successful.

Ryan's very witty and when he's on, he's very likable. But he's not always on. On the internet, he's rarely on. I don't blame him for shying away from chatting for something like a tribute, especially sharing the stage with Dave "white teeth/least stinky feces" Grohl.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #56
Sprigg Diggler

Sprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of light

I apologize for the delay on sending the mp3 to those of you who asked for the Black Sheets Of Rain cover. I was away for Thanksgiving. Can I attach a file / mp3 to a private message on this board? If not, I'll lurk the profiles of anyone that messaged me and I'll send it to you via e-mail.
Sprigg Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bob mould, husker du, jan back, streams of chowder, wok and lol