TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2013 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Grant Hart - The Argument (July 22)

Old 05-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dominorecordco.com/uk/new...-the-argument/

Grant Hart will release this on Domino (not familiar with this label) in July. It's a double album based on Paradise Lost, apparently. Though like his Last Days of Pompeii record, I imagine there's a lot of other themes woven together.

There's a couple tracks at this link. I like "Is The Sky The Limit."
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grant Hart - The Argument (July 22)

Domino is a good label. The Kills are on it.

Though I guess Grant didn't get the memo on Fugazi's 2001 album title, huh?

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post

If they were in totally different genres, I'd look the other way... but yeah.
I get the feeling Grant likes a good argument though.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard a good story (which might just be a story) about Bob invading Grant's family thanksgiving in 1987 and saying some fucked-up shit.
It was secondhand, but in MPLS, secondhand isn't usually far off.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
GoodSkanky

Quote:
I've heard a good story (which might just be a story) about Bob invading Grant's family thanksgiving in 1987 and saying some fucked-up shit.
It was secondhand, but in MPLS, secondhand isn't usually far off.
do tell!

Did you read Bob's autobiography? He mentions having some odd non-confrontational visit at Hart's family's house, which led Bob to call it quits with Husker Du.

It was after Hart collapsed on the Warehouse tour and Bob believed that Hart didn't come clean (no pun intended) to his mother about his drug problem.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Yeah, that was pretty much it. Apparently Bob showed up and told Grant's dad that his son was a heroin addict, a pedophile, and was basically a loser. I guess Grant had a manfriend who was under 18. Also, if the story I heard is right, Grant's dad ended up having a heart attack or something.

Like I said, I just heard a story from some dudes. But they're dudes who were active at the time. One of them predated Huskers/Mats. I just said "oh shit!" and kept drinking my beer.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Yeah, that was pretty much it. Apparently Bob showed up and told Grant's dad that his son was a heroin addict, a pedophile, and was basically a loser. I guess Grant had a manfriend who was under 18. Also, if the story I heard is right, Grant's dad ended up having a heart attack or something.

Like I said, I just heard a story from some dudes. But they're dudes who were active at the time. One of them predated Huskers/Mats. I just said "oh shit!" and kept drinking my beer.
Sweet! Seems like a great music scene to be around with some real legends!
Old 06-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #8
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Fugazi - The Argument is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
GoodSkanky

That is a great one. All the odder that Grant is using the same name. I think there's a good chunk of people that follow both artists.

Seeing Fugazi and Shellac on the same bill was highlight of my life!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
GoodSkanky

http://www.npr.org/2013/07/21/203347...-lost-paradise

Coming up on Tuesday!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
GoodSkanky

http://www.spin.com/articles/grant-h...-du-interview/
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #12
GoodSkanky

http://www.nme.com/reviews/various-artists/14612

Looks like creepy lookin' Grant is getting some press for this one!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
GoodSkanky

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...-the-argument/
Old 07-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
GoodSkanky

Always kind of lo-fi/retro sounding, but this is cool so far. 20 songs is a long sit, but so far so good!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
GoodSkanky

http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-argument-mw0002545730

Allmusic review
Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #16
GoodSkanky

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...o-8721023.html
Sponsored Links

Tags
grant hart, husker du