TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

***The Royal Wedding***

Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
***The Royal Wedding***

I was hesitant to start a thread about this, but this news article forced my hand:

Quote:

Jelly bean resembling Kate Middleton to fetch £500

Wesley Hosie, 25, found the yellow and red sweet by chance as he and his girlfriend tucked into a 700g jar from The Jelly Bean Factory.

The trainee accountant said the moment he opened the pot, he was struck by the red pattern on its surface, illustrating Prince William's bride-to-be's strong facial features, long hair and smile.

Mr Hosie and girlfriend Jessica White, 24, from Taunton, Somerset, kept the mango-flavoured bean and now plan to sell it on eBay for £500.

Mr Hosie said: "As Jessica opened the jar, I saw her immediately. She was literally lying there staring back at me.

"Given that the royal wedding is only a few weeks away, we hope to make a few pounds out of it by selling it on the internet to a collector."

Richard Cullen, Joint Managing Director for The Jelly Bean Factory in Dublin, who is yet to see the bean said: "This sounds truly incredible, I would have to see the bean myself to believe it.

"All of our beans are handmade and this looks like one of our red speckled Mango beans, the natural speckles are unique to each and every jelly bean due to the handmade process."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...fetch-500.html
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of
Re: ***The Royal Wedding***

This is an all-time low for British society.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

The wedding or the bean?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Both.

Sorry?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

This is the thread to spout your disgust about it. I'm not expecting this thread to be all that positive.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I thought I saw a stain in the toilet on campus that looked like Prince William. I didn't take a picture because, well, it was poop.
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

You missed your moment.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding...Kate_Middleton
Old 04-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

A mango flavoured jelly bean sounds nice.

As for the wedding, did anyone hear about the rules given to the guests and staff ? I need to google, but I do remember one instructed guests how to stir their cup of tea the correct way (I guess dunking a biscuit into it and swirling it around might be wrong) and another was warning wait staff not to look at the Queen or Prince Philip while serving them. Righto.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
Quincy
1up

Remember what David Icke said, they're lizards. And you don't want to look a lizard in the eye.

Sorry?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
You missed your moment.
Damn...
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I've already moved on from the wedding and am now giddy with anticipation for the Royal Pregnancy, months of "what will they call the baby?" speculation, the Royal Birth (Brave Kate!), the Royal Christening and the Royal Kate Caught Canoodling with the Bodyguard/Gym Instructor/Polo Coach Scandal (Poor Wills!).
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

I'm totally going to watch the wedding.
lukin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I'm totally going to watch the wedding.
Oh, me too. I want to check out her frock.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #15
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

So is this Royal Wedding stuff a big deal in the Commonwealths? Aside from the absolutely ridiculous (royal wedding chairs, tea towels, paper plates, love song compilations, etc) I've not seen much about it. Then again, I don't read the Daily Mail.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #16
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
So is this Royal Wedding stuff a big deal in the Commonwealths? Aside from the absolutely ridiculous (royal wedding chairs, tea towels, paper plates, love song compilations, etc) I've not seen much about it. Then again, I don't read the Daily Mail.
The CBC had an evening a few weeks ago with constant programming about it, and they do an "x days to the ROYAL WEDDING" on the national evening news program each night. There also was a news story today that Kate's grandfather spent a few years in Canada in the 1940s, so there's a CANADIAN CONNECTION to this wedding.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #18
Sydneyfan

Yeah, this is a big story here as well. I think the monarchy were on their last legs in Oz before Diana came along but her arrival, all the subsequent drama and the two boys seem to have got people enthusiastic about them again. People here seem to love the fact that Kate's from an middle class background and William appears to be a fairly down to earth person, given his circumstances. Australians are naturally suspicious of posh people and they seem less posh than the older royals.

Plus, we don't have to pay for them, so that helps.

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 04-14-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
Ha, that reminds me of the line from Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking show - "you haven't made it until you've been a Pez dispenser!"
Old 04-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #20
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ha, that reminds me of the line from Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking show - "you haven't made it until you've been a Pez dispenser!"
Aww, I missed it. Was it good?

Randomly watched Star Wars Holiday Special the other night, shut it off after 20 minutes (it's painfully bad) and watched Muppet Show with the Stars of Star Wars instead.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Canada’s royal wedding stamp that almost wasn’t has been unveiled.

Canada Post had not planned to issue a stamp, citing its two-year planning cycle. But it had a change of heart — ‘‘the Crown corporation could not ignore the demands it was hearing,” according to Jim Phillips, director of stamp services — and designed one just in time for the April 29 nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

It was to be unveiled at 10 a.m. Friday at Rideau Hall by Governor General David Johnston. “Canada Post has never issued a stamp as quickly as these two beautiful ones,” said Anick Losier, a spokesperson for Canada Post. The stamp will be available at post offices across Canada on the day of the royal nuptials, online or by mail order. “We managed to condense our production cycle just enough to get it there on time,” said Ms. Losier. “This means Canadians will be able to go to select post offices and have it cancelled [stamped] with a special ‘cancel’ commemorating this event.”

The stamp was designed by Montreal native Isabelle Toussaint in close contact with Clarence House; it was personally approved by Prince William and Queen Elizabeth. Ms. Losier said the number of pre-orders has been astounding, even before the design was unveiled. “The domestic stamp shows a photo of the couple when they announced their engagement last November, and the international rate stamp nears the official engagement portrait taken by the famed photographer Mario Testino” said Canada Post in a statement.

Canada Post will produce over 16 million of the stamps, a significantly higher quantity than most commemorative stamp issues outside of the holiday season. The Canadian stamp will be released on the heels of the U.K. wedding stamp, which was made available to customers on April 7.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/04...tamp-revealed/
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
A pizza chain has created its own image of Prince William and Kate Middleton - made out of a mosaic pizza - ahead of their April 29 wedding. The chain worked with a food artist to create the pizza, which includes Kate Middleton’s veil made from mushrooms; her dress from cheese; and William’s morning suit out of salami and peppers. A handout image obtained on April 15, 2011 from Haslimann Taylor PR shows a pizza with the portraits of Britain’s Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton as toppings. (Ash Photography Ltd/AFP/Getty Images)
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
This is an all-time low for British society.
Ahem....The War of 1812....Ahem
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
Quincy
1up

1901 tbf.

Sorry?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #25
Quincy
1up

and '79.

Sorry?
Sponsored Links

Tags
britain vs. australia, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, england, heir and a spare, marriage, news, suicide, the other kate