TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan performing with the LA Phil

Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #26
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ryan performing with the LA Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
Exactly. It's like "Holy shit Bob Mould! AND ALL THE OTHER COOL PEOPLE WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Hey Ryan do Deadly Skies.
RA should have pot of crystal meth coffee and reenact all of side 2 of Zen Arcade... solo acoustic of course....
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

Quote:
The evening, which takes place Monday, November 21st, will be hosted by Matt Pinfield.

Britt Daniel of the band Spoon has been added to the line-up....

Due to a scheduling conflict, Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie will no longer be performing.
http://bobmould.com/
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioradi0 View Post
No great loss... I don't even need the spoon guy... just give RA and BM more stage time.

I'm sure Bob doesn't appreciate being called BM,
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in LA for about 24 hours, and I'm so fucking psyched.

Also I had the greatest hamburger of my life tonight on Sunset.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #30
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had one from there when I was in SF, and I had the same feeling.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #31
OPI
Let the daylight in...

OPI will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Enjoy the show! Can't wait to hear about it!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #32
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Have a great time wok!!
plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #33
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

So my buddy took me down the strip and we went to In N Out, and driving further down... we saw this. Off to the show now.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #34
J_Bizness

J_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to behold

Wow.
J_Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:32 AM   #35
ewok.online
CATHERINE

HOLY. SHIT.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #36
OPI
Let the daylight in...

OPI will become famous soon enough

Quote:
HOLY. SHIT.
musta been a good show.

deets please!?!

Last edited by OPI; 11-22-2011 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: to yell "WHOOO HOOO" to ewok.online just below.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #37
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Alright. Just got back from the show and the bar afterwards.

Ryan played Black Sheets Of Rain and that was the thing I most wanted to hear all night.

But Bob & Dave playing Hardly Getting Over It made me pretty much bawl. They did a bunch of Hüsker songs. Something I Learned Today, New Day Rising (with Grohl on drums... oh my fucking god.), Ice Cold Ice, Makes No Sense At All...

Basically it was the best show I've seen in a very very long time. Craig & Tad were also on. fucking. point.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #38
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Quote:
RYAN: DO BLACK SHEETS OF RAIN ALL SLOW LIKE THE MAIDEN COVER.
Predict'd

Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 AM   #39
plath

plath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond reputeplath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So my buddy took me down the strip and we went to In N Out, and driving further down... we saw this. Off to the show now.
Omg!!! So cool!!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #40
ewok.online
CATHERINE

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/bo...l-35613526/19/

Black Sheets was SO GOOD.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #41
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
He kind of looks fat in that picture.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #42
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
That's ok... that means Davey needs to step up and learn a Bob song! All these alternative millionaire type like to name drop the old school to keep their street cred. He'll have to work for it. First of the Last Calls, Chartered Trips, or I Will Never Forget You ought to do it.
He actually did Chartered Trips with Bob. The whole time Dave was on stage, Bob was playing with him.

There's videos around now, I'll post them in a second.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #43
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Hardly Getting Over It, Could You Be The One, Ice Cold Ice

New Day Rising

Chartered Trips (and New Day again)

And now for one of Ryan's... Bummed I can't find a vid of Black Sheets yet.
Heartbreak A Stranger

Last edited by ewok.online; 11-23-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #44
plath

It's cool to see Ryan mixing with "big name" stars like Dave Grohl, etc. Hopefully this will be the start of a greater recognition for him in general.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #45
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

They were probably like "Ryan who?".
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #46
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Until Dave & Bob came out, he had the most applause. And the audience was super quiet. It was that way for everybody, but I figured Ryan really appreciated it.

I was mostly bummed that he didn't participate in the short Q&A before each set that everyone else did. "How did you first get into Bob? Where were you when you first heard Hüsker Dü, etc." I was looking forward to hearing that from him, but nope. And at the end when everybody came back out on stage and fooled around, he wasn't there. But I'm sure the latter was because of the volume on the stage.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #47
JackStark211

Ryan thinks himself above that kind of shit. He was probably the most arrogant performer on the bill.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #48
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Ryan thinks himself above that kind of shit. He was probably the most arrogant performer on the bill.
dick
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #49
ewok.online
CATHERINE

The whole event felt kind of detached. Maybe it was the venue being such a fancy place, or the fact that it was seated, or that most of the people there looked like they wouldn't have been seen dead in the kind of places the Hüskers used to play, or whatever.

But yeah, it was kind of weird that he just walked out and played and left. I don't think he even said anything the entire time.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #50
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
dick
Exactly.

Tags
bob mould, husker du, jan back, streams of chowder, wok and lol