TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2012 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Bob Mould - Silver Age (September)

Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute
Bob Mould - Silver Age (September)

Bob will release SILVER AGE, his first album of all new studio material since 2009’s LIFE AND TIMES, this September on Merge. The new record features Bob's current band--drummer Jon Wurster (Superchunk) and bassist Jason Narducy (Telekinesis, ex-Verbow)--on 10 brand new Bob compositions in the punishingly loud melodically sparkling pop/rock vein of the Sugar catalogue being reissued on Merge July 24.

The track listing for SILVER AGE is:

1 Star Machine
2 Silver Age
3 The Descent
4 Briefest Moment
5 Steam Of Hercules
6 Fugue State
7 Round The City Square
8 Angels Rearrange
9 Keep Believing
10 First Time Joy

GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bob Mould - Silver Age (September)

wanna see this tour so bad.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen this trio. Narducy was on the last band show I saw for Body of Song. I hear Wurster is great.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

They were good as hell in LA. The Hüsker songs they did were on point.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
GoodSkanky

http://soundcloud.com/bobmouldmusic/the-descent/s-K5Bmq

Very good first track, the Descent!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
GoodSkanky

Video for the Descent. Good track and filmed in Portland!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
ewok.online
CATHERINE

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...r-age-20120827

Whole album's streaming at Rolling Stone.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...r-age-20120827

Whole album's streaming at Rolling Stone.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
GoodSkanky

Nice, first track was decent. I'll have time to hear it on the train tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
GoodSkanky

well... poo. I can't get it to stream well in the train and didnt have wireless at the hotel (at least w/o paying an arm and leg). Denied!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
GoodSkanky

Had my first record shop with GS jr. today... touching moment. Picked this up and some jazz. So far so good, but I was listening in my loud car. I don't think it will be his best by a longshot, but still always happy to get more Mould.

Grant Hart's double album finally has a label taker, so that's on the horizon.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
GoodSkanky

I'm a Bob fanboi 4 life, but that said, this isn't my favorite.

Descent is very good. The last track has a nice vibe. The first two are memorable.

Some thing about the four chord choruses that is too 90s throwback for me (I know he wants to pair this with SUGAR's Copper Blue).

He really goes all out in the thank yous for all things Foo Fighter and Grohl. Sheeeeiit... they should be thanking him...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
ewok.online
CATHERINE

I read somewhere where he said he just wanted to make a good pop record.

Just a CRANK IT UP AND GIVE NO FUCKS record. Which is why there's not the usual BOB GETS HEAVY ABOUT SHIT.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #14
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I read somewhere where he said he just wanted to make a good pop record.

Just a CRANK IT UP AND GIVE NO FUCKS record. Which is why there's not the usual BOB GETS HEAVY ABOUT SHIT.
He succeeds there. I'm wishing I liked it more, but like I said, the Descent is killer. I could stand for him to emulate his 80s sound rather than his 90s sound, if that makes any sense.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
GoodSkanky

http://bobmould.com/2012/09/12/watch...chfork-weekly/

He made it to Pitchfork!
Sponsored Links

Tags
bob mould, husker du, sugar