TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Willow Lane 7"

Old 07-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #26
Sprigg Diggler

Sprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Willow Lane 7"

I know that every time this thread bumps to the top I think it's been announced, and then I get let down...
Sprigg Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #27
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprigg Diggler View Post
I know that every time this thread bumps to the top I think it's been announced, and then I get let down...
this
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #28
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuwdboots View Post
Starting to think we're not getting a 7" this month. Anybody know anything definite?
Probably not. NBD. Maybe next month. I've got other stuff going on.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:44 AM   #29
Nige

Nige is on a distinguished road

Anyone with Spotify? A google search seems to suggest this is on there now but I can't check atm.
Nige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 AM   #30
agaetisbyrjun

agaetisbyrjun is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Anyone with Spotify? A google search seems to suggest this is on there now but I can't check atm.
I can pull it up but the tracks are unavailable to listen
agaetisbyrjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #31
Js22

Js22 is a jewel in the roughJs22 is a jewel in the rough

It's says July 31st so who knows
Js22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #32
whiteout75

whiteout75 is on a distinguished road

Perhaps they skipped the pre-order thing this time?
whiteout75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #33
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I bet the 7" got delayed (RSD:BF stuff has been in production for the past month - Yeah, 5 months out). Should be interesting if the digital release is still the 31st.

I'm also curious as to what the release schedule is gonna be going forward given plant delays of upwards of 6 months. Hopefully these 7's are well planned.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #34
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
I bet the 7" got delayed (RSD:BF stuff has been in production for the past month - Yeah, 5 months out). Should be interesting if the digital release is still the 31st.

I'm also curious as to what the release schedule is gonna be going forward given plant delays of upwards of 6 months. Hopefully these 7's are well planned.
I bet you are right.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #35
BadMustard

BadMustard is a jewel in the roughBadMustard is a jewel in the rough

What's the deal with 6 month delays for vinyl production? I don't know much about the business.
BadMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #36
Tim Simmons

Demand is so huge right now, all plants are at capacity. There aren't as many plants as there used to be as say in 1975, so They are struggeling to meet demand. So because of there most plants are at a 4-6 month lead time. I'm sure if you have some weight behind you, they will bump things (Like say a Pearl Jam or Black Keys - a band that can move 30k records) will bump a couple days production to get them a record in about 2 months. Tough reality of the vinyl resurgence.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #37
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

The recent free Wilco album will be on CD next month, but no vinyl until the end of November.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #38
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Will need a new thread when this is actually available OR for pre-order.

Willow Lane 7" *really*
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:19 AM   #39
BadMustard

BadMustard is a jewel in the roughBadMustard is a jewel in the rough

available for download on Amazon.

Last edited by BadMustard; 07-31-2015 at 01:41 AM..
BadMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 AM   #40
Sprigg Diggler

Sprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of lightSprigg Diggler is a glorious beacon of light

It's available on iTunes. "Yes or Run" is the stand out track. The 7" as a whole is good, but not amazing. I'm bummed on another joke song, but stoked to get 2 good songs for $3.
Sprigg Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:11 AM   #41
MisterChad

MisterChad will become famous soon enough

I normally wait to download off iTunes until I've gotten my 7-inch and listened to it there first, but I'm impatient this time. Rather like this one. The lead track definitely grabbed me immediately.
MisterChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:54 AM   #42
nightendday1982

nightendday1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

its up on Rdio
nightendday1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #43
Tim Simmons

I have a feeling it may get taken down.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:50 AM   #44
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Will this ever actually go up on pax-am?
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #45
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Interesting. How do these ones sound?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #46
shamooth

shamooth has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Interesting. How do these ones sound?
i just listened to the previews on iTunes. don't sound too bad, but the cookie monster voice makes an appearance.
shamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #47
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamooth View Post
i just listened to the previews on iTunes. don't sound too bad, but the cookie monster voice makes an appearance.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #48
Js22

Js22 is a jewel in the roughJs22 is a jewel in the rough

Yes or Run does have that Blue Light sound to it. Definitely hints of Blue Light scattered through the song.

Willow Lane has the tempo of Friends. Accordion kicks in with about a minute left in the song.

The other song is a joke n should only be bought if you want every Ryan Adams released song in yr collection.
Js22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #49
JackStark211

Are they in the same vein as the rest of the tunes he has been releasing lately? Or are they like the Jacksonville single?
Old 07-31-2015, 10:47 AM   #50
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Are they in the same vein as the rest of the tunes he has been releasing lately? Or are they like the Jacksonville single?
Now we're talking.... kind of nice to hear the songs without having struck out on a bunch of websites for the preorder.... I may go digital from here on out... unless it's 1985...
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links