TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Video Games

Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of
Video Games

I know there are a couple of gamers on this forum of the non-Arcade variety and here's a thread for us. This forum was in dire need of one.

I think I would like to start us off with a simple question. What consoles have people got? It would be mighty fine to play some of you guys.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Video Games

All we have at home is my old NES and my gf's N64. But they're just sitting in a closet -- all we play now is the Wii (as you know).
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

I still have my old Nintendo and Sega system, but I never use them. I'm still hoping to get a Wii eventually.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Ah yes, the Wii! I love it so, I just wish they'd bring out the big name games quicker. All the online play begins in late spring/summer. Alt gr.

I'm soon to get a 360 simply because I want some serious next-gen graphics and online play. My computer can no longer handle modern graphics. The 360, however, can.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Which big name games are you looking forward to? I'm waiting for Super Paper Mario and the gf is excited about the new Mario Party.

I'd like a good first-person shooter, and I've heard that Red Steel isn't all that great. I'm also waiting for some good EA sports games to come out (Hockey, Basketball and I'm still contemplating getting Madden).
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
blueone

Yea, I'm waiting for a decent FPS aswell. I certainly want one that's on par with the 360's top shooters. Maybe some a la Timesplitters. Perhaps the game I'm looking forward to most is Battalion Wars 2. A real-time strategy game that employs the use of several fantasy armies. It has some supposedly awesome online play. All I chatter on about is online play, heh. But, for me, there's nothing more thrilling than playing with/against real people.

I would also love a FPRPG. You know, swing your remote and the sword produces the same angle onscreen perfectly. That would be mighty fine if it had... online play.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I don't play so much anymore because I can't get on Xbox Live anymore, but I did use to play Halo practically all day everyday.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #8
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
I still have my old Nintendo and Sega system, but I never use them. I'm still hoping to get a Wii eventually.
A blast from the past

Old 02-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
A blast from the past

Ha! *nostalgic tear* Almost makes me want to drag them out.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

I want to get a Wii, I still have my NES at home but my SNES got sold.

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to alarm you game-lovers but.......

Quote:
An obese 26-year-old man in north-eastern China died after a "marathon" online gaming session over the Lunar New Year holiday, state media said today.

The 150kg man from Jinzhou, in Liaoning province, collapsed on Saturday, the last day of the holiday, after spending "almost all" of the seven-day break playing online games, the China Daily said, citing his parents.

Xu Yan, a local teacher, said the "dull life" during the holiday prompted many people to turn to computer games for entertainment.

"There are only two options. TV or computer. What else can I do in the holiday as all markets, KTV and cafeterias are shut down?" the paper quoted Xu as saying.

China has seen an alarming rise in the number of teenage and young adult internet addicts in recent years, despite attempts to restrict minors from cybercafes and limit online game playing times.

About 2.6 million - or 13 per cent - of China's 20 million internet users under 18 are classed as addicts, state media have reported.

Reuters
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #12
Quincy
1up

I think that's the same as any addiction, too much of anything is a bad thing.

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect it was his fried dumpling addiction rather than his gaming one that did him in.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #14
Quincy
1up

So you think it might be my grilled cheese addiction rather than my TBY arcade addiction that will cause my coronary?

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #15
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
So you think it might be my grilled cheese addiction rather than my TBY arcade addiction that will cause my coronary?
Indeed. And, living in the future as I do, I can say this with some authority.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #16
Quincy
1up

You already have my obit on file don't you?

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
You already have my obit on file don't you?
Don't worry, I was relatively kind.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
Quincy
1up

You're just waiting for that crowning glory of the photo.

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #19
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
You're just waiting for that crowning glory of the photo.
The people have a right to see.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #20
Quincy
1up

By people, you mean you.

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #21
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
By people, you mean you.
No, I think this has gone global now.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #22
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

oops....this is ruining Blueone's thread. Sorry.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #23
Quincy
1up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
oops....this is ruining Blueone's thread. Sorry.
This brings me back to those golden days of RAA

Sorry?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #24
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
This brings me back to those golden days of RAA
The thread destroyers.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #25
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I have to buy a Playstation 2 game for my 13 year old nephew. He's not allowed anything too violent but he wants something "awesome", thanks. I wouldn't have a clue what to look for and he hasn;t been much help really. He's only just started playing computer games - he has a strict family.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links