TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2016 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Bon Iver - 22, A Million [Sept. 30]

Old 09-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #26
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bon Iver - 22, A Million [Sept. 30]

But maybe his Beyonce comment ruined those chances.
Tim Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #27
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
BI,BI got a 9.5. this album is better. Hence 10.0
Disagree.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #28
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

This is his Kid A
Old 09-29-2016, 02:13 PM   #29
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

It's dropped to #5 on AOTY. Too many 4/5s.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #30
Tim Simmons

To weird for indie folk fans probably. Indie folk equivalent of Dylan going electric.

Justin goes electronic.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #31
Tim Simmons

Gonna be over people's heads. Just the way it is.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #32
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jack proves this theory true.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #33
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Jack proves this theory true.
Jesus Rob, come off it man. I never said I don't like it. It's going to be on the top of my list this year. I just said that it in no way will top the self titled. That album holds a special place in my heart.

You sir, are a moron.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #34
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maybe and maybe not. The widespread acclaim for James Blake and Frank Ocean's new albums might not put this too far out of reach. It's not going to win an Americana award or anything, but it's going to be very well received.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:16 PM   #35
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
Maybe and maybe not. The widespread acclaim for James Blake and Frank Ocean's new albums might not put this too far out of reach. It's not going to win an Americana award or anything, but it's going to be very well received.
I would think so. It isn't that hard to get into. Maybe I'm biased though.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #36
JackStark211

I've really been listening to Blood Bank a lot.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #37
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Jesus Rob, come off it man. I never said I don't like it. It's going to be on the top of my list this year. I just said that it in no way will top the self titled. That album holds a special place in my heart.
I'm much the same with the self-titled album meaning a lot to me. It's my go-to album if I'm feeling anxious and it calms me right down. From the 4-5 listens of the new album so far I can't see it surpassing it for me. I am really enjoying it though. I find it pretty accessible.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #38
Tim Simmons

But just because you guys have a personal attachment to BI,BI, doesn't mean that this isn't a technically better and more progressive album.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:41 AM   #39
Tim Simmons

So it's over pitchfork's head. That's cool.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:31 AM   #40
JackStark211

Quote:
But just because you guys have a personal attachment to BI,BI, doesn't mean that this isn't a technically better and more progressive album.
I disagree.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #41
JackStark211

Old 09-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #42
JackStark211

This is Justin Vernon's Trans.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #43
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

This is better than a 9.0 (for whatever the hell that's worth)
Old 09-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #44
Tim Simmons

Agreed.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #45
Tim Simmons

p4k's scores have been off all year. TLOP, Lemonade and James Blake were all underscored.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:40 AM   #46
Tim Simmons

Chance and Frankie too.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #47
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So it's over pitchfork's head. That's cool.
It's pitchfork lol
Old 09-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #48
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

I haven't listened yet, but this twitter exchange about it made me chuckle:

https://twitter.com/CeeFrlght/status/781874286780878848
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #49
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

Lmao
Old 09-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #50
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
p4k's scores have been off all year. TLOP, Lemonade and James Blake were all underscored.
If the band breaks and becomes known quantity, their scores often drop at P4K. I think they like to be tastemakers. That's already ben done with some of these artists.

Looking forward to this record though. I haven't streamed it, but the little bits I've heard are really cool. I know my tastes might prefer Blood Bank and s/t with subtler electronics, but I'm optimistic on this one.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
⊠⊠<howd€r bags are read¥ 2. burs+⊠⊠, chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, __tim iŻ ♢n the b♢♢ŻΣ ægæn__