TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion > 2017 Albums Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

The National - Sleep Well Beast (Sept 8)

Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #26
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The National - Sleep Well Beast (Sept 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
Was there an order up on their website?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yeah, it mistakenly went up on the 4AD site, but was removed quickly.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:08 PM   #27
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Yeah, it mistakenly went up on the 4AD site, but was removed quickly.
Ah ok. I was hoping that wasn't "missed out" meaning "sold out".

lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #28
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. Its great

Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #29
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Oh damn. I was hoping it would be released sooner, but at least we have a date.

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #30
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Limited blue edition ordered.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #31
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I got blue and a white.

I guess Australia is getting a grey.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #32
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Anyone get tickets today during the presale?

last.fm
Old 05-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #33
thesewoodenideas

thesewoodenideas will become famous soon enough

Anyone got a link to the spotify presale?
Thanks
thesewoodenideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 AM   #34
Rob
Administrator

AOTY

Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 AM   #35
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
AOTY

Maybe a close second.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #36
Tim Simmons

just leak motherfucker
Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #37
Tim Simmons

Leak this shit. Come on.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #38
Tim Simmons

Day I Die is classic NTL
Old 09-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #39
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Just got tickets this week to see them in February. Looking forward to the album.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #40
Tim Simmons

Guys. It's so good. This band.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #41
thesewoodenideas

thesewoodenideas will become famous soon enough

Album is sounding very good.
Have tickets to see them in Dublin later this month :-)
Good times!
thesewoodenideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #42
lukin
I'm talking ace

It's taking me a while to warm to the album. But it usually does with TN.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #43
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

downloading this album tomorrow morning to listen to on my hour commute to work is like waking up to a Christmas gift
Old 09-08-2017, 09:50 AM   #44
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 can only hope to improve

love it
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #45
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
It's taking me a while to warm to the album. But it usually does with TN.

Fo sho. I picked up Boxer (my first National album) when it came out, listened once and was like "Err... nah". Put it on the shelf for LIKE A YEAR before going back and having my mind fucked. Anyway, yeah, liking a few songs on here off the bat, a few others are taking a while, "Born to Beg" not liking at all (it's this albums "Heavenfaced" :|). Definitely not the shot of aggression I was hoping for, although they are getting a bit more back to that Alligator/SSFBL "different songwriting experimentation" vibe which is what I was desperate for.

Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:23 AM   #46
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Liking this a lot.
Very much looking forward to seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl next month.
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #47
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

I've been so busy, I didn't realize they were playing Detroit soon. Not many good seats left, so I'm gonna pass.

I've only got one listen in so far and not an active listen. I need to dig deeper, but my initial reaction was "kind of same-y, but with more "complexity" and less melody/songcraft. That either means I'll find it superfluous like the last few Wilco records or it will really open up for me in a few listens. I'm hoping for the latter.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #48
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I've only got one listen in so far and not an active listen. I need to dig deeper, but my initial reaction was "kind of same-y, but with more "complexity" and less melody/songcraft. That either means I'll find it superfluous like the last few Wilco records or it will really open up for me in a few listens. I'm hoping for the latter.
Similar to my feelings. Although listening on headphones while out walking last night and I was feeling it a bit more. I'm generally like this on initial listens of The National, but this one is bouncing off me more than usual. So far, at least.

last.fm
Old 09-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #49
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

This is The National's winter album - would have been a solid Fall/Winter release. Lots of winter party keeping warm in NYC vibes.
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 AM   #50
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Update: Lose "Born to Beg" and "Empire Line" and you got yourself a nice little ten tracker (the perfect album length). Both add nothing, and don't stand up as strong songs in general. Just my thoughts.

Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
chowder bags are ready to burst!!!, the national