TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 12-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #3501
mustbeburt

mustbeburt is on a distinguished road
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
Also, how many fucking times is this douchebag gonna make "g-ma's succotash"?
Old 12-29-2019, 07:22 AM   #3502
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Man, nearly a year since it was announced he was planning to release 3 albums in 2019. To think we could have had them all, including the cancelled tour, by now is crazy...

I remember before the article came out watching all the instagram lives and other social media he was doing and thinking he looked like he was in a great place - probably naive of me at the time, but I was excited for a tonne of new music so who can blame me?

How things have changed, huh?
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:55 PM   #3503
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

He appeared to be doing really well at that Cornell tribute, January 2019.

roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #3504
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMySweetCumbria View Post
Man, nearly a year since it was announced he was planning to release 3 albums in 2019. To think we could have had them all, including the cancelled tour, by now is crazy...

I remember before the article came out watching all the instagram lives and other social media he was doing and thinking he looked like he was in a great place - probably naive of me at the time, but I was excited for a tonne of new music so who can blame me?

How things have changed, huh?
actually change for the better. his victims coming forward hopefully means a time to start healing....his tone and over use of social media was just a pretense of sorts to give off the appearance that he was in a good place....in fact, his peers and others exposed him as a narcissistic jerk attention whoring ego maniac.

here's to 2020 and here's to ryan and his vicitms bettering themselves.

hold your breath.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #3505
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

~~~Blessings and succotash in 2020.~~~
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #3506
thebalvenie

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
~~~Blessings and succotash in 2020.~~~
and Cats! and incense and patchouli oils and self-indulgent circle jerk posts about nothing.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #3507
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Remember when he threatened not to tour the US unless the Euro tour sold out? That was weird.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:32 AM   #3508
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Remember when he threatened not to tour the US unless the Euro tour sold out? That was weird.

Yeah, then felt he mailed it in when I saw him play in Europe. It was to the point where I questioned seeing him again. Just a very uninspired performance, no banter .
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #3509
futurecalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
no banter
Sounds great tbh.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #3510
gavinm

gavinm has a spectacular aura about

I know he split with his manager (or it looked that way) but I wonder if he's hired a PR company to guide his comeback. I've been wondering how he'd return but can imagine him being advised to leave it 1 year and then return with in-depth interview with a serious publication where he bears his soul and, maybe, be contrite. He'd hope to draw a line and move on. However, it's not as simple as that. I don't think many of us expect him to really mean it.

I still suspect the 1 year anniversary of the NY Times article could be the moment he chooses.
gavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #3511
gavinm

gavinm has a spectacular aura about

Apols. Double post
gavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:44 PM   #3512
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinm View Post
I know he split with his manager (or it looked that way) but I wonder if he's hired a PR company to guide his comeback. I've been wondering how he'd return but can imagine him being advised to leave it 1 year and then return with in-depth interview with a serious publication where he bears his soul and, maybe, be contrite. He'd hope to draw a line and move on. However, it's not as simple as that. I don't think many of us expect him to really mean it.

I still suspect the 1 year anniversary of the NY Times article could be the moment he chooses.
completely agree with this assessment
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:02 PM   #3513
SweetBlackMagic
People seem to hate me...

SweetBlackMagic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhead View Post
I get that Ryan's a dick and all, but putting him in the same category as serial child rapists, double murderers, and sex slave keepers? Seems a bit extreme.
Completely agree. The #MeToo movement is just completely radioactive right now...there seem to be no observed "levels" of improper behavior...just guilt and shame regardless. It's such a slippery slope...even people who have done nothing wrong (which clearly doesn't apply to Ryan) can be accused and they've already lost in the court of public opinion.
SweetBlackMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:08 PM   #3514
futurecalling

I think what everyone is forgetting here is that Ryan has more to say.

And he's gonna say it, I might add.

SOON.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #3515
thebalvenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBlackMagic View Post
Completely agree. The #MeToo movement is just completely radioactive right now...there seem to be no observed "levels" of improper behavior...just guilt and shame regardless. It's such a slippery slope...even people who have done nothing wrong (which clearly doesn't apply to Ryan) can be accused and they've already lost in the court of public opinion.
no observed levels of improper behavior?

then that's not even worth the attention.
the observed levels of behavior...the pieces of shit like weinstein, roger ailes, ryan adams....using their position of power or perceived power to "advance" careers or squash careers in the name of sexual favors is all that the me too movement is about.

wrong behavior, shameful, guilty behavior is always going to be wrong, no matter what hashtag you put on it. that doesn't change. what hopefully should and will change is the culture in hollywood, politics, tv, and other work forces, where fucking scumbags calling the shots are brought down, put in prison, and everyone gets an equal voice based on their merits and hardwork, rather than how good they can suck a dick.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:24 PM   #3516
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBlackMagic View Post
It's such a slippery slope...even people who have done nothing wrong (which clearly doesn't apply to Ryan) can be accused and they've already lost in the court of public opinion.
Within the MeToo movement, who has done nothing wrong, been accused and lost in the court of public opinion?
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:10 AM   #3517
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Within the MeToo movement, who has done nothing wrong, been accused and lost in the court of public opinion?
Kevin Spacey comes to mind. Legally he was never convicted of anything, doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent though.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:29 AM   #3518
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

looks like he just performed in the encore at a Jesse Malin gig
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:37 AM   #3519
steve_xo

steve_xo is on a distinguished road

You can see some footage on the Instagram of denise_p4
steve_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #3520
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
Kevin Spacey comes to mind. Legally he was never convicted of anything, doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent though.
Of all the people to be used as an example of MeToo being abused, Kevin Spacey is one of the absolute worst examples. And legal convictions are not the criteria here. Spacey's creepiness has been well established.

The only truly innocent person I've seen be falsely accused and take a beating was Conor Oberst, and that predates MeToo. Of course we should be weary of false accusations, but people keep speaking out about MeToo being a witch hunt, and literally none of the accusations made against anyone have been proven as a false money or fame grab. It's, to this point, a false argument.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #3521
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorgan1 View Post
looks like he just performed in the encore at a Jesse Malin gig
Probably testing the waters, wouldnt be surprised to see him appear more in the future.
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #3522
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_xo View Post
You can see some footage on the Instagram of denise_p4
The band included Catherine Popper.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #3523
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

Quote:
Of all the people to be used as an example of MeToo being abused, Kevin Spacey is one of the absolute worst examples. And legal convictions are not the criteria here. Spacey's creepiness has been well established.

The only truly innocent person I've seen be falsely accused and take a beating was Conor Oberst, and that predates MeToo. Of course we should be weary of false accusations, but people keep speaking out about MeToo being a witch hunt, and literally none of the accusations made against anyone have been proven as a false money or fame grab. It's, to this point, a false argument.
You asked for one and I gave you it. "Creepy" wasn't included as an exclusion in your post.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #3524
Knotnow

Knotnow will become famous soon enough

Quote:

One that comes to mind Is Aziz Ansari. Maybe Iím wrong, but from what I read it sounded like he went on a couple dates with a girl, took her back to his place, she got uncomfortable with how fast things were moving but didnít outright tell him...when she finally gave him enough cues he called her a cab so she could leave. Didnít really sound like he did much wrong to me. But I also donít know if he is considered ďcanceledĒ.
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:02 PM   #3525
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
One that comes to mind Is Aziz Ansari. Maybe Iím wrong, but from what I read it sounded like he went on a couple dates with a girl, took her back to his place, she got uncomfortable with how fast things were moving but didnít outright tell him...when she finally gave him enough cues he called her a cab so she could leave. Didnít really sound like he did much wrong to me. But I also donít know if he is considered ďcanceledĒ.
Yeah. That one did sound like bullshit to me.