TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 01-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #3526
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

i think it's important to establish the difference between metoo and just regular celebrity types going on dates and taking shit too far.

Metoo is for the roger ailes, weinstein, batali, lauer, louis ck, ryan adams.....
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #3527
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
Probably testing the waters, wouldnt be surprised to see him appear more in the future.
He back!
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #3528
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
You asked for one and I gave you it. "Creepy" wasn't included as an exclusion in your post.
I said "has done nothing wrong". Spacey doesn't fit that, so your point doesn't work regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
One that comes to mind Is Aziz Ansari. Maybe Iím wrong, but from what I read it sounded like he went on a couple dates with a girl, took her back to his place, she got uncomfortable with how fast things were moving but didnít outright tell him...when she finally gave him enough cues he called her a cab so she could leave. Didnít really sound like he did much wrong to me. But I also donít know if he is considered ďcanceledĒ.
This is the one I was anticipating when I asked the question. Yeah, I think there is a lot of gray area in that instance, but I also don't think of him as being canceled. He caught some crap, but he also quickly went back to work and has continued to have a career. I'm sure there are some people who want him fired into the sun, but most people seem to understand there's more nuance there than him just being a shithead.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #3529
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

The Garrison Keillor one seemed not right, but I’m not privy to all the information.

Jesse Malin puts on such a good show. Cool to see Ryan and Cat again.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #3530
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
The Garrison Keillor one seemed not right, but Iím not privy to all the information.

Jesse Malin puts on such a good show. Cool to see Ryan and Cat again.
I thought Cat hated him?
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #3531
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
I thought Cat hated him?
Maybe they will put out a duet?
Old 01-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #3532
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

iím not sure she hates him. he did comment on her photo from the Jacksonville City Lights sessions a month or so back on Instagram. thatís by no means an endorsement or a sign theyíre even on talking terms but iíd say she probably tolerates him like a younger brother. the pain in the arse type sibling. theyíve had a history. plus i donít think heís ever thrown her under the bus in any of the cardinals slamming heís done over the years.

Last edited by dmorgan1; 01-10-2020 at 05:46 PM..
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #3533
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

He threw her under the bus on stage.

But it seemed the last few years they patched it up. To some degree, at least.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:15 AM   #3534
scoopdedoop

scoopdedoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
He threw her under the bus on stage.
I missed this what did he do?
scoopdedoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #3535
futurecalling

futurecalling will become famous soon enough

Man, he kinda looks like shit in those photos. Old, chubby, red-faced, pack of cigs hanging out of his pocket.
futurecalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #3536
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

say what you will
this is great
rock n roll cleansing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kB6B7A-1r0
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #3537
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

me watching these videos rn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #3538
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
i think it's important to establish the difference between metoo and just regular celebrity types going on dates and taking shit too far.
IDK, While yes, not all assaults or abuse are the same and punishment (legal or social) of individuals should be different, I think its pretty reckless to separate these two types so definitely. Yes, what Aziz did was so clearly not Weinstein, or even RA, but if we want to change the behavior of men, and the culture of abuse or even the pursuit of women with their comfortability and security in mind, we still have to have a firm line in the sand at least in terms of whats tolerable and whats not.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #3539
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecalling View Post
I think what everyone is forgetting here is that Ryan has more to say.

And he's gonna say it, I might add.

SOON.
any day now.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:21 AM   #3540
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

He looks drunk in that video.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:42 AM   #3541
gavinm

gavinm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post
I watched it once and couldn't face watching it again. It's actually really upset me. He may just been dicking around but it didn't feel like that.
gavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:21 AM   #3542
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

I feel bad for the dude in the hat
Old 01-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #3543
hi_there

hi_there is a jewel in the roughhi_there is a jewel in the rough

the video answers a lot of questions, and all the answers are unfortunate.
hi_there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #3544
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

It makes me wonder why Jesse let Ryan go on stage in this state and play with them for five songs.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #3545
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

He and Cat shared a hug as he left the stage.
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #3546
futurecalling

https://youtu.be/mkoPq5AOCOA
Old 01-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #3547
futurecalling

https://youtu.be/mkoPq5AOCOA
Old 01-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #3548
andyo812

andyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to allandyo812 is a name known to all

all jokes aside those videos bum me out. What a weird year itís been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #3549
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricityscape View Post
he looks like he's been selling VHS movies at a local blockbuster
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:54 PM   #3550
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes