TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

The Patty Griffin Appreciation Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #26
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Patty Griffin Appreciation Thread

I love these syd... I love Patty. I wish I could be even half as cool as her.
bruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #27
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruit View Post
I love these syd... I love Patty. I wish I could be even half as cool as her.
She is so lovely. And based on her live shows, she is a lovely person as well. Very gracious, and heaven forbid, grateful to her audience. I am hoping she will tour here again before too long - her Australian shows always sell out.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #28
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
She is so lovely. And based on her live shows, she is a lovely person as well. Very gracious, and heaven forbid, grateful to her audience. I am hoping she will tour here again before too long - her Australian shows always sell out.

I have a friend whose baby was diagnosed with adrenal cancer at 6 months of age. Adrenal cancer has about a 5% survival rate. The mom told me that during the baby's surgery she listened to "I Won't Give Up" on repeat over and over and over again... the baby is 2 today and fit as a fiddle. That song has such a special place in my heart, I still feel absolutely overwhelmed everytime I hear it. I have been dying to see her live ever since...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #29
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have a friend whose baby was diagnosed with adrenal cancer at 6 months of age. Adrenal cancer has about a 5% survival rate. The mom told me that during the baby's surgery she listened to "I Won't Give Up" on repeat over and over and over again... the baby is 2 today and fit as a fiddle. That song has such a special place in my heart, I still feel absolutely overwhelmed everytime I hear it. I have been dying to see her live ever since...
That's a really great story, and what a wonderful outcome. On stage she is a tiny woman with an enormous voice and an even larger smile. She would probably be really touched to hear about your friend and her little one.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
That's a really great story, and what a wonderful outcome. On stage she is a tiny woman with an enormous voice and an even larger smile. She would probably be really touched to hear about your friend and her little one.

I know she would, I just know it. She just seems so real and unspoiled by her celebrity. She seems genuinely honored to be where she is.

I told Mr. Adams a similiar tale about one of his songs when my own little one was very sick. He told me I was an asshole.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #31
Sydneyfan

Quote:
I

I told Mr. Adams a similiar tale about one of his songs when my own little one was very sick. He told me I was an asshole.
Are you serious B? I know a few of you had tumblr drama with Ryry, but I didn't realise he was that much of a cretin.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #32
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Are you serious B? I know a few of you had tumblr drama with Ryry, but I didn't realise he was that much of a cretin.
In fairness, that wasn't all he called me.

He's a odd man, for sure. I approached it all wrong (not knowing what the hell tumblr was- I thought it was a fan site) and I posted (my first post) my opinion of his lousy show with Oasis.

He came at me guns blazing, it's really startling.

So I started 'talking' to him giving my reasons (and apologizing) for being disappointed in his show... and he must have written 3 pages about how I 'must have mistaken him for someone else' and I was an "asshole" and 'people expect too much' from him.

Needless to say my first tumblr experience was a wild one.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #33
Sydneyfan

Quote:
In fairness, that wasn't all he called me.

He's a odd man, for sure. I approached it all wrong (not knowing what the hell tumblr was- I thought it was a fan site) and I posted (my first post) my opinion of his lousy show with Oasis.

He came at me guns blazing, it's really startling.

So I started 'talking' to him giving my reasons (and apologizing) for being disappointed in his show... and he must have written 3 pages about how I 'must have mistaken him for someone else' and I was an "asshole" and 'people expect too much' from him.

Needless to say my first tumblr experience was a wild one.
He really is a whiny little idiot.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #34
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
He really is a whiny little idiot.
ain't THAT the truth?!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #35
Sydneyfan

Quote:
ain't THAT the truth?!
Patty Griffin knows his type....

"You're a sad little boy, anyone can see you're just a sad little boy
That's why you're carrying on that way
Why don't you burn it all down, burn your own house down, burn your own house down
Try to kill your own disease
And leave the rest of us, there's a lot of us, leave the rest of us
Who wanna live in peace to live in peace"
Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #36
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Patty Griffin knows his type....

"You're a sad little boy, anyone can see you're just a sad little boy
That's why you're carrying on that way
Why don't you burn it all down, burn your own house down, burn your own house down
Try to kill your own disease
And leave the rest of us, there's a lot of us, leave the rest of us
Who wanna live in peace to live in peace"
Am I really going to say it again? Yes, I am. AMEN SISTER!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #37
Sydneyfan

Patty and Emmylou Harris performing Trapeze:

Old 05-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
Sydneyfan

Up To The Mountain:

And this is why I am so looking forward to her new gospel album.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #39
Sydneyfan

This is new to me - Patty and Melissa Etheridge performing 'When It Don't Come Easy". Good stuff.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #40
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

wait...you mean that isn't a picture of jenni from Flipping Out in your avatar?

at least she can rap wearing a lizard costume.
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #41
Sydneyfan

Ooh, there is a resemblance...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #42
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

Ok, so you all just made me want to go out and buy a bunch of Patti Griffin CDs. Which one first?
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #43
taparoo
Turning your orbit around

taparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to beholdtaparoo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangledup View Post
Ok, so you all just made me want to go out and buy a bunch of Patti Griffin CDs. Which one first?
I don't have all of her cds, but my favorite so far is Impossible Dream. Though I don't think you can really go wrong with her...
taparoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #44
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Syd- I love your new avatar! I love mine too

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #45
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
Syd- I love your new avatar! I love mine too
We are Pattying TBY

And tangled up - like taperoo said, all her albums are good. Living with Ghosts is her debut album although either Impossible Dream or 1,000 Kisses are equally good starting points and probably more indicative of her overall sound.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #46
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

Thanks
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #47
Sydneyfan

Just noticed someone's made a clip for Florida - my all time favourite Patty song.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #48
Sydneyfan

Rumour of the week is that Patty is dating former Led Zeppelin rockgod Robert Plant. This might explain why she is touring with his Band Of joy instead of working on a new album. Good luck to them.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #49
Sydneyfan

New song........

Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #50
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
patty griffin