TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 PM   #251
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Recommendations

Wait for the bear suit scene towards the end.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #252
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #253
Jeremy

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
Possibly the worst actor ever.
are you kidding?
Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #254
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #255
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Baz Luhrmann's new epic " Australia" seems like it is going to be bigger than Ben Hur. Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman, David Wenham ( ) will star. It sounds like Gone with the Wind with kangaroos to me, but who knows.

http://www.australiamovie.net/
Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #256
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

If there was one thing missing from Gone with the Wind, kangaroos was it.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #257
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Haven't watched anything lately but going to see Notes on a Scandal when it's at the local cinema next week. Looking forward to that - love Judi Dench - she is such a brilliant actress and this film has had really good reviews.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #258
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Dead Silence - a new horror flick - comes out in the US in March. It's from the same writers and directors as the Saw franchise.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dead_silence/

Anything with lots of killer dolls will be boxoffice gold.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #259
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I sent the link to my gf -- she thinks ventriloquist dolls are scary as hell.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #260
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

"Notes on a Scandal" Brilliant. Judi Dench I think has been nominated for an Oscar. She is superb. The character she plays is "uncomfortable" to watch. Cate Blanchett is good too as the school teacher having an affair with a 15 year old boy. Compulsive watching but not nice subject material. It was thought provoking.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #261
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Dead Silence - a new horror flick - comes out in the US in March. It's from the same writers and directors as the Saw franchise.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dead_silence/

Anything with lots of killer dolls will be boxoffice gold.

My son will be desperate to see this.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #262
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

That doll is very freaky. I'll be going to see this one too. I love horror films.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #263
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all

Little Fish - Aussie film, Cate Blanchette, Hugo Weaving, Sam Neill, Martin Henderson and 21 jump sts Dustin Nguyen. Was kinda sad and depressing but beautiful and uncompromising I loved it! Drugs a family dealing with the past.
And I am the last to see it - March Of The Penguins, just amazing.
Recommend these both strongly if you haven't seen them!
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #264
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Watched The Libertine starring Johnny Depp and Samantha Morton. The story was based on the outrageous life of John Wilmot, The Earl Of Rochester. Excellent .
Old 02-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #265
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Watched The Libertine starring Johnny Depp and Samantha Morton. The story was based on the outrageous life of John Wilmot, The Earl Of Rochester. Excellent .
Glad you enjoyed it, C. It's worth it for Johnny's performance alone.

I saw the theater production some years back with John Malkovich in the role of the Earl of Rochester. Also excellent, the sets were incredible.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #266
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Depp was sensational. Morton was also very good as she usually is. And the art direction, sets etc were so well done.

I discovered this morning that Shane MacGowan (perfect casting!) had a cameo in the movie - but I didn't see him for some reason.

But I did find these pix from the set of the film. Shane seems to be having fun.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #267
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
I discovered this morning that Shane MacGowan (perfect casting!) had a cameo in the movie - but I didn't see him for some reason.
Ha, great pics. Shane's scene was deleted, you didn't miss it, C. I believe you can see a bit of him in one of the featurettes (Capturing The Libertine) included with the extras. Oddly it didn't make the deleted scenes section.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #268
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

im going to see Pan's Labyrinth tonight. Its getting HUGE buzz....
sicottem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:43 PM   #269
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Ha, great pics. Shane's scene was deleted, you didn't miss it, C. I believe you can see a bit of him in one of the featurettes (Capturing The Libertine) included with the extras. Oddly it didn't make the deleted scenes section.
No wonder I don't remember seeing him then, thanks for the info. Pity he got deleted though.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #270
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
No wonder I don't remember seeing him then, thanks for the info. Pity he got deleted though.
On the subject have you ever seen this?

Old 02-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #271
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Omg, that's fantastic! That's from a few years back - Shane still has teeth and is quite skinny. Is there nothing that Johnny Depp cannot do? He even gets away with that shirt.

Here's a totally uneccesary picture of him.

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 02-10-2007 at 07:58 PM..
Old 02-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #272
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Lovely pic. Sidenote - pics of Johnny are never unnecessary.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #273
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sidenote: Is it just me or did you really want to go riding in a horsedrawn carriage after seeing that film.?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #274
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:

Sidenote: Is it just me or did you really want to go riding in a horsedrawn carriage after seeing that film.?
Hmm, no, it didn't cross my mind.. wait, is Johnny riding in the carriage with me? That could change things.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #275
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Hmm, no, it didn't cross my mind.. wait, is Johnny riding in the carriage with me? That could change things.
I was thinking of the scene where he is the in carriage with his wife and asks her to tell him the story of how he kidnapped her..........and that's all I'm game to say.
Sponsored Links