TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #101
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all
Re: Movie Recommendations

i havent seen 21 grams or the other of one that is supposed to be connected to Babel....from what ive read both of those were excellent.....so hopefully this will be too
sicottem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #102
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicottem View Post
i havent seen 21 grams or the other of one that is supposed to be connected to Babel....from what ive read both of those were excellent.....so hopefully this will be too
Babel is supposed to be last in his "Death" trilogy. I haven't seen the first one, but 21 Grams is probably on my Top 10 favourite films list.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #103
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

sicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to allsicottem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Babel is supposed to be last in his "Death" trilogy. I haven't seen the first one, but 21 Grams is probably on my Top 10 favourite films list.
ive heard very good things about it....I'm gonna try to check it out before i see babel
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #104
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ive heard very good things about it....I'm gonna try to check it out before i see babel
Its got a non-linear narrative so it takes a while to put the various strands of the story together, but once you do, its brilliant. Babel follows the same format I believe.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 PM   #105
sicottem
ufo at the zoo

Quote:
Its got a non-linear narrative so it takes a while to put the various strands of the story together, but once you do, its brilliant. Babel follows the same format I believe.
so it would probably be best to see it MULTIPLE times...i tend to need to watch things over and over again to really understand them
Old 10-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #106
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
so it would probably be best to see it MULTIPLE times...i tend to need to watch things over and over again to really understand them
Ha, I don't know if that is necessary. I've seen 21 Grams three times I think, and you do pick up more each time because the plot is quite detailed. But I think you can "get" it from the first viewing.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #107
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

Finally got to see The Departed this weekend. Excellent film! I really enjoyed the performances of Damon and DiCaprio!
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #108
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappss1 View Post
Finally got to see The Departed this weekend. Excellent film! I really enjoyed the performances of Damon and DiCaprio!
I still haven't made it to see this one Sounds like its worth making the effort though.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #109
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
I still haven't made it to see this one Sounds like its worth making the effort though.
Definately worth it! I also rented a William H. Macy film this weekend called Edmond. A movie adaptation of a David Mamet play (I think he did the screenplay as well). Also very good, a little dark, but good.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #110
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Definately worth it! I also rented a William H. Macy film this weekend called Edmond. A movie adaptation of a David Mamet play (I think he did the screenplay as well). Also very good, a little dark, but good.
William Macy is such a quality actor. I'll chase that one up, sounds good.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #111
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

maddiehope is a jewel in the roughmaddiehope is a jewel in the rough

I got Young Frankenstien from Netflix Friday. I will love that movie forever. Also bought Willow. I'd forgotten exactly how much I loved that movie.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #112
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
I got Young Frankenstien from Netflix Friday. I will love that movie forever. Also bought Willow. I'd forgotten exactly how much I loved that movie.
Willow! I haven't seen that movie in years. I love the two little pixie characters, they crack me up. Also, nice to see Val Kilmer locked in that cage when he first appears in the movie. They should have left him in there for good.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:35 PM   #113
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
William Macy is such a quality actor. I'll chase that one up, sounds good.
If you like Macy, I'm sure you've seen The Cooler. But if not you should check that one out as well. A great character exploration turned in by Macy in that one.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #114
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
If you like Macy, I'm sure you've seen The Cooler. But if not you should check that one out as well. A great character exploration turned in by Macy in that one.
Yes, I have seen The Cooler and really enjoyed it. Panic - where he plays a hitman who goes to therapy because he can't handle killing people anymore - is worth chasing up too. Donald Sutherland and Neve Campbell also star.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #115
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

Quote:
Willow! I haven't seen that movie in years. I love the two little pixie characters, they crack me up. Also, nice to see Val Kilmer locked in that cage when he first appears in the movie. They should have left him in there for good.
Yeah, they should have skipped over Val to play Batman and gone straight to Christian Bale. And I just love Warwick Davis. He's great.

I saw it at the Wal-Mart for 10 bucks so I just had to buy it.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #116
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiehope View Post
I saw it at the Wal-Mart for 10 bucks so I just had to buy it.
So there is a reason to shop at Wal-Mart. Who woulda known?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #117
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

Despite its many shortcomings, I gotta give Wally World Props. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have half of the DVDs I have and I wouldn't be able to buy as many groceries. Plus it's one big perpetual sociological experiment.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #118
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

right on...who cares about the working poor, struggling to make ends meat...and fuck labor unions too; there for lazy people...AND whoever said women were cut out for management in the first place?!?!

it's all about a full fridge for ME and a crazy-stacked dvd collection!!!!!!!!!!
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #119
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
right on...who cares about the working poor, struggling to make ends meat...and fuck labor unions too; there for lazy people...AND whoever said women were cut out for management in the first place?!?!

it's all about a full fridge for ME and a crazy-stacked dvd collection!!!!!!!!!!

Um...I'm one of the working poor dude. If I could afford it (and if there was any more choices here), God knows I'd go elsewhere. So sorry to offend.

Now lay off.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #120
thefed
PLEBISCITA

thefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to allthefed is a name known to all

TOTALLY...what's all the mess about a living wage when the working poor have computers and time to surf the internet all day...no offense taken...we're soooo on the same page here!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #121
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Since its Halloween, can anyone recommend any good horror movies to rent?

I really enjoyed The Audition, this weird Japanese movie about a very strange girl who begins a relationship with an older man. Its very good but fairly graphic in terms of violence.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #122
maddiehope
Eat it, Wonder Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
TOTALLY...what's all the mess about a living wage when the working poor have computers and time to surf the internet all day...no offense taken...we're soooo on the same page here!!!!
Either work computer or library, bub.

Man, must be tiresome to be so self-righteous. I'm done now. I'd like to go back to the enjoyable thread this once was.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #123
thefed
PLEBISCITA

not self righteous...RIGHTEOUS!..try it sometime...and i think you meant tiring...you might find my righteousness tiresome...i would find it tiring...if i weren't so RIGHTEOUS!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #124
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

I recommend this thead now moves away from the personal and back onto movie related subjects. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #125
thefed
PLEBISCITA

what's a thead?
Sponsored Links