TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Horror Film Discussion & Recommendations

Old 09-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #276
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Horror Film Discussion & Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I haven't seen Lifeforce in ages. Admittedly, I didn't like it at all, but to be fair, I was embarrassed watching it with my mom. That chick was naked for about an hour straight.
watched that for an episode of how did this get made? and kinda tuned in and out but EVERY TIME i looked up there was a naked lady on screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Knock Knock is directed by Eli Roth and stars Keanu Reeves, so I'm not sure why I was even surprised that it's a train wreck.

Still, the image of an anguished Keanu (emoting as hard as it's possible for Keanu to emote) screaming "FREE PIZZA!!!!" while being tortured by a couple of psycho nymphomaniacs will probably stay with me for a bit.
oh man - that thing was so atrocious ... eli roths work really nose dived pretty quickly as far as im concerned ... still - im glad to know im not the only one who suffered through this
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #277
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, Mother! is getting some savage reviews. Anyone watched it yet? I'm hoping to catch it this weekend. Seems like its a very polarising film.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #278
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Geez, Mother! is getting some savage reviews. Anyone watched it yet? I'm hoping to catch it this weekend. Seems like its a very polarising film.
People I know that have seen it all liked it, so I'm hopeful. We have strange taste. I almost went and saw it with them this weekend but passed. Maybe this weekend.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 PM   #279
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

anyone else watch little evil on netflix?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:47 PM   #280
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
anyone else watch little evil on netflix?
Yeah, I did. I thought it was okay but pretty forgettable overall. Certainly nowhere near as funny to me as Tucker and Dale Versus Evil.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #281
sleigher

Quote:
Yeah, I did. I thought it was okay but pretty forgettable overall. Certainly nowhere near as funny to me as Tucker and Dale Versus Evil.
agreed - super let down since im such a big fan of adam scott - was really disappointed - not nearly as lame as those scary movie movies but definitely not as dark or weird as it could have been ... reinforces my opinion that netflix movies arent what they used to be
Old 09-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #282
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
agreed - super let down since im such a big fan of adam scott - was really disappointed - not nearly as lame as those scary movie movies but definitely not as dark or weird as it could have been ... reinforces my opinion that netflix movies arent what they used to be
Absolutely. What you posted earlier about Netflix really needing to get choosier about what projects they greenlight is spot on. They seem to be rushing just to get content rather than giving proper consideration to quality.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:23 AM   #283
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I saw mother! on my birthday (LOL) and stand in support of it, although with mixed feelings here and there. Certainly, certainly, CERTAINLY can see how it has been so divisive, though. It needs to be seen, though, and worth doing so at the cinema.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #284
sleigher

Here Are the Rest of the Horror Movies Coming Out This Year

September 22
Welcome to Willits
Friend Request

September 29
Flatliners
Gerald’s Game
Super Dark Times

October 6
Better Watch Out

Dementia 13
La Barracuda

October 13
Happy Death Day
American Satan
78/52: Hitchcock’s Shower Scene

October 15
Crepitus

October 20
Tragedy Girls
Leatherface
Nightworld
Cult of Chucky

October 27
Jigsaw

November 3
Killing of a Sacred Deer

November 10
Thelma
Bitch

November 17
Sweet Virginia

November 27
He’s Out There

December 1
Polaroid

head here for trailers:

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/here-...t-in-2017.html
Old 09-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #285
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 AM   #286
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Keen to see Killing Of A Sacred Deer. Yorgas Lanthimus (The Lobster, Dogtooth) makes such weird but intriguing films.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #287
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

I'm looking forward to the following:

It (still haven't seen yet)
Welcome to Willits
Gerald's Game (hope it's more enjoyable than the book)
Better Watch Out (Home Alone - with murder! )
Happy Death Day (a horror version of Groundhog day!)
Hitchcock’s Shower Scene
Crepitus (wtf? and I've seen a Serbian film!)
Leatherface ('cause why not? I've seen all the rest!)
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
Old 09-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #288
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

so, watched mother! Quite a ride. Imagine Gaspar Noe snorting coke while conducting a Bible studies class, and you get the general mood of the film. It's not nearly as profound as it wants to be, but its not nearly as terrible as some critics have labelled it either.

I thought its biggest flaw was its total lack of subtlety - Hey, Everything Is Symbolic!!! - with Aronofsky wielding allegory and metaphor like a sledgehammer. One the plus side though, it's beautifully shot and admirably ambitious. It's a film that cares more about challenging expectations than being likable. And because Aronofsky paints his surreal world with such a broad brush, the meaning of the film is open to numerous interesting interpretations that give the audience something to ponder later on.

Pity it was marketed as traditional horror film, it's absolutely not.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #289
sleigher

Quote:
this is about cannibals - so im curious

currently streaming on netflix - probly gonna watch it later tonight
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #290
JackStark211

Quote:
so, watched mother! Quite a ride. Imagine Gaspar Noe snorting coke while conducting a Bible studies class, and you get the general mood of the film. It's not nearly as profound as it wants to be, but its not nearly as terrible as some critics have labelled it either.

I thought its biggest flaw was its total lack of subtlety - Hey, Everything Is Symbolic!!! - with Aronofsky wielding allegory and metaphor like a sledgehammer. One the plus side though, it's beautifully shot and admirably ambitious. It's a film that cares more about challenging expectations than being likable. And because Aronofsky paints his surreal world with such a broad brush, the meaning of the film is open to numerous interesting interpretations that give the audience something to ponder later on.

Pity it was marketed as traditional horror film, it's absolutely not.
I look forward to seeing this.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #291
gweeps
=

More of a thriller with horror bits, but I really enjoyed Berlin Syndrome. Teresa Palmer is realistic in it.

You can watch it on Netflix.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #292
JackStark211

I'll post this here since the book had a horror/si-fi vibe. I can't wait.

Where lies the strangling fruit that came from the hand of the sinner I shall bring forth the seeds of the dead to share with the worms that gather in the darkness and surround the world with the power of their lives while from the dimlit halls of other places forms that never were and never could be writhe for the impatience of the few who never saw what could have been. In the black water with the sun shining at midnight, those fruit shall come ripe and in the darkness of that which is golden shall split open to reveal the revelation of the fatal softness in the earth. The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit—and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive. And there shall be in the planting in the shadows a grace and a mercy from which shall blossom dark flowers, and their teeth shall devour and sustain and herald the passing of an age. That which dies shall still know life in death for all that decays is not forgotten and reanimated it shall walk the world in the bliss of not-knowing. And then there shall be a fire that knows the naming of you, and in the presence of the strangling fruit, its dark flame shall acquire every part of you that remains
Old 09-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #293
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I'll post this here since the book had a horror/si-fi vibe. I can't wait.

yeah - ill watch this!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #294
sleigher

finally got around to checking out it comes at night

really really loved it - such great pacing and thrills

trey edward shults is 2/2
Old 10-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #295
JackStark211

We watched Gerald's Game last night. I must say it is one of the better Stephen King movie adaptations I have seen.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #296
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We watched Gerald's Game last night. I must say it is one of the better Stephen King movie adaptations I have seen.
I watched the trailer. I might watch it at some point. I try and watch a lot of horror movies in October. I watched Kristy the other day which was okay, but predictable. Then I tried to watch The Tortured but I have a cold and my Nyquil kicked in about 30 minutes into the movie so I don't really know how it was as a whole, but the first 30 minutes were nothing special. I don't know if I'll even give it another shot.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #297
sleigher

Quote:

no idea how it compares to the source material but i really liked this and definitely found it to be creepy/disturbing at times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FavoriteEver View Post
I watched the trailer. I might watch it at some point.
i was completely on board the entire time - was impressed by the cast

especially henry thomas - havent seen him in something this good since suicide kings
Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #298
JackStark211

Quote:
i was completely on board the entire time - was impressed by the cast

especially henry thomas - havent seen him in something this good since suicide kings
The cast really sold it for me. They all did such a phenomenal job.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:19 AM   #299
gweeps
=

Recently found a DVD copy of the original Maniac. I'm looking forward to watching this again as it's been years. I recall it was extremely creepy.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #300
FavoriteEver

FavoriteEver is a jewel in the roughFavoriteEver is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
currently streaming on netflix - probly gonna watch it later tonight
Was this actually good? I watched the first like, 15 minutes and there was practically no dialogue so I got bored. Should I give it another shot? It's the Bad Batch. I just realize I quoted the wrong post.
FavoriteEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links