TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Suggestions and Questions
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

TBY Guides: How to give reputation

Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #101
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold
Re: TBY Guides: How to give reputation

And the more points I removed from other, the more hurt they must have felt. Did I create a waterfall of teardrops?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #102
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

No it was just annoying.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #103
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
No it was just annoying.
To some. I did not give neg reps to people that were not already giving them to me. Most people were getting positive reps from me. The only people getting negative reps were usually the ones that cry about everything, or just don't know how to take a joke. Which it all was, a joke.

I think I've given maybe you 1 negative rep? I will admit Gibba & Ewok got a fair amount, but only because they were giving me negative reps as well. I just had no idea they would take it so personal.

I'm sorry Rob, I did not mean to upset a few people on this board. I was just having fun, because I thought that was what it was all about.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #104
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

The neg left you left over the last 30 days

Quote:
J_Bizness - maybe you love it in the butthole?
oscarfuentes77 - you might be a gay mans dream.
Gibba - it isn't jackstark211
plath - inappropriate
Rob - rude
Tim Simmons - no
ewok.online - no
ewok.online - no
plath - creep
mattinmass - no
plath - don't
ewok.online - no
Tim Simmons - FBI
ewok.online - racist
ewok.online - no
I was the only one who left you negative rep in the last 30 days. Your facts aren't straight.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #105
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

jesus jack
Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #106
JackStark211

hahahahahahahaha, I don't remember most of that. That can't be the only ones I've let over the past 30 days because I would have thought it would be much much more. I actually know it would be much more. The top 2 make me smile.

Well Rob, good job instigating me into thinking it was Ewok, Tim, & Gibba. LOL

Why not post the positive reps? Would that be an impossible task?
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #107
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
jesus jack
No shit. I need to lay off the drink.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #108
Rob
Administrator

We were only discussion negative reps and why the option has been removed.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #109
plath

Aw Rob!! Boohiss, the neg repping was kind of funny! Nothing instills a sense of community like suspicion!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #110
Rob
Administrator

Negative rep caused you to call the entire board sexist.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #111
JackStark211

Quote:
We were only discussion negative reps and why the option has been removed.
Do it Rob, do it. Show the kindness I share? It might take up a page, but it can be done.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #112
Rob
Administrator

I don't have it in me
Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #113
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
Aw Rob!! Boohiss, the neg repping was kind of funny! Nothing instills a sense of community like suspicion!
This.

Had I know it was Rob giving me all my negative reps none of this would have happened, and Gibba and I would still be friends.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #114
JackStark211

Quote:
I don't have it in me
It should be an easy enough task for someone with your kind of skills.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #115
plath

Quote:
Negative rep caused you to call the entire board sexist.
LOL!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #116
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all about jokes and funtimes, and like fucking with people.

But seriously, just giving out rep because you can, like a 5 year old pushing buttons in an elevator, is stupid. I don't care about my score, I don't care if I went negative. It's the annoyance that half of the time, the shit you had to say wasn't even relevant in the first place. Or then you were being contrarian to be a dick.

And as for "abusing the infraction system," it got you to shut the fuck up for two seconds, so it worked.

I like you Jack, I do. Your posts make me laugh more than most. But dial it the fuck back, will ya?

/toughlove

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #117
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I'm all about jokes and funtimes, and like fucking with people.

But seriously, just giving out rep because you can, like a 5 year old pushing buttons in an elevator, is stupid. I don't care about my score, I don't care if I went negative. It's the annoyance that half of the time, the shit you had to say wasn't even relevant in the first place. Or then you were being contrarian to be a dick.

And as for "abusing the infraction system," it got you to shut the fuck up for two seconds, so it worked.

I like you Jack, I do. Your posts make me laugh more than most. But dial it the fuck back, will ya?

/toughlove

I couldn't resist the violin. Honestly though, I like you as well. I did not mean to hurt any feelings. I was getting negative reps for comments that you disagreed with and I thought they were from you so I would return by giving you negative reps. As it turns out they were not from you. Sorry bro.

I still don't understand the annoyance a negative rep, pointless or otherwise, could possibly cause anyone. I mean, it is not like you were getting notifications every time someone left you a + or - rep. If that were the case, yes I would be annoyed to have to check notifications to only find a negative rep. I would also be annoyed with the system if that were the case for positive reps. But since you have to go out of your way to check on your reputation, (which is really quite silly yet fun, grant you) I don't see anything annoying about it. I liked my negative reps. I always enjoy the comments and I enjoy seeing which of my comments warranted me such an action from a fellow board member (ROB).

In any case, it no longer matters anyways because we have crashed the system. Que Sera, Sera
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #118
oscarfuentes77

oscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of light

I figured being called a "gay mans dream" would warrant positive rep. I mean, being a dream of anybody must be positive...then thirty minutes later I got my positive rep and a "welcome to the board."

Hills and valleys...a real reputation roller-coaster. haha.
oscarfuentes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #119
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarfuentes77 View Post
I figured being called a "gay mans dream" would warrant positive rep. I mean, being a dream of anybody must be positive...then thirty minutes later I got my positive rep and a "welcome to the board."

Hills and valleys...a real reputation roller-coaster. haha.
I think I left you the "welcome to the board" rep. Can't always trust these guys that run the place, they have the powers to doctor up whatever they want.

Edit:
It is also possible I left you the other comment, so who knows. If it was late at night, I was probably drunk.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #120
oscarfuentes77

oscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
I think I left you the "welcome to the board" rep. Can't always trust these guys that run the place, they have the powers to doctor up whatever they want.

Edit:
It is also possible I left you the other comment, so who knows. If it was late at night, I was probably drunk.
Oh yeah, you left them both. Haha.
oscarfuentes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #121
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

I have to say I feel a wee bit neglected that I didn't receive any of this neg rep from Jack (I got a few positives but it's just not the same).

I've only received one neg rep ever and it was a few years ago from someone who got banned a few days later.

Good idea to remove the negative ones though Rob. I don't actually give a lot of rep, probably one every few weeks or so. (So if you get one from me, it means something - I always sign my rep too).

Keeping the infractions is a good thing because if someone comes on and is being a real pain in the ass it means that they can get banned even if there are no admins on at the time (although let's be honest, how often is neither Syd or Rob on here?)
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:32 AM   #122
plath

Awwww Luke!! I think you were away at your festival in Australia when the rep-wars began! I would definitely neg-rep you. If I could infract, I'd do that too
Old 09-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #123
JackStark211

The rep-wars, hahahaha.

NEVER FORGET!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #124
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
The rep-wars, hahahaha.

NEVER FORGET!!!
BKK's next tattoo.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #125
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
Awwww Luke!! I think you were away at your festival in Australia when the rep-wars began! I would definitely neg-rep you. If I could infract, I'd do that too
Aw, thanks! It means a lot, it really does.

And that was my theme park trip to Australia, the music festival is in November - I'm not taking my boy for that one so I can get drunk every day. (In fact my friend that I'm going with is a gold-club member so she gets us both into the lounge at the airport so we'll probably be drunk on our flight over).
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links