TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Suggestions and Questions
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Should the reputation system go?

View Poll Results: Should the reputation system go?
Yes 15 26.32%
No 23 40.35%
I don't care 19 33.33%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #51
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Should the reputation system go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
I think the rep system should go. It's abused by too many people rewarding their friends and negative repping people they don't like. It's a bit like being at school.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I love the rep system. And to be honest, I will actually be a bit pissed off if it goes. I've only ever negative repped someone once, I don't care about how many little garbage cans appear next to my name and I always sign my reps with my name.

The reason I love it is because if someone posts something really cool, it's a really quick and easy way to say thanks - just clicking on the little button and saying 'thanks man, I really liked that'. In turn, if I log into my user cp and it shows that I've received a lovely comment from someone it makes me feel kinda nice, you know?

That's all there is to it in my opinion - just a nice quick way to say kudos to someone.

So if this poll ends up with the yes people winning, rather than getting rid of it entirely, maybe we can take the garbage cans away, so it's not sitting there next to people's names being all intimidating, and also take away the annonymity so you can see who rep was given to you by. This should stop the bullying because essentially it would be like sending someone a nasty PM - so if it's still happening then you might as well take away PMs as well.

Anyway, I feel kinda strongly about this. If there are people who really don't like it, I'm all up for some kind of compromise, but why take it away from the people who really enjoy it?
I also enjoy sending along kind messages, and whenever someone sends me one, it is a nice feeling. I never do it just to reward a friend....hell, I've even positively repped people who I'm not on friendly terms with, because I liked their post so much. I mean, that's what it's supposed to be about, right?
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #52
radioradi0

radioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to allradioradi0 is a name known to all

I voted no. Though some recent neg reps I got concerned me, the positives of the system well outweigh the negatives. As someone else said, it is nice to see rep comments, especially if you've been away for several weeks or longer.

Please keep it, Rob!
radioradi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #53
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

It doesn't matter much to me. I rarely use it to give reps and folks rarely see fit to give me reps. I've only gotten negative reps once. I never put stock in someone's opinion based on their reps. So all in all it's thoroughly nonconsequential to me.

Last edited by Blindtiger; 03-09-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Blindtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #54
LaCienegaSmile
Punk As Fuck

LaCienegaSmile will become famous soon enough

I never understood the rep system or do I think I have ever used it or received any
So I voted yes cause I don't see the point in it.
LaCienegaSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #55
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

You have a green garbage can so obviously you've received some good reps at some point. Does that change your vote?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #56
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

It looks as if the reputation system stays.

Apologies go out to 2001, Faded Rose, fivealarmculture, FrigidRoses, hornet, jlatham, kees, Kinkyreggae, LaCienegaSmile, Libertine4Life, LJS, Ryienku, sadie7, taparoo and Tim Simmons
Old 03-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #57
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

Yipeee! Garbage cans all around!
bruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #58
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Apologies go out to 2001, Faded Rose, fivealarmculture, FrigidRoses, hornet, jlatham, kees, Kinkyreggae, LaCienegaSmile, Libertine4Life, LJS, Ryienku, sadie7, taparoo and Tim Simmons
I'm pleased about this. Is there any way to take the anonymity away from it though? Or is that in the too-hard basket?
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #59
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
I'm pleased about this. Is there any way to take the anonymity away from it though? Or is that in the too-hard basket?
I'm not sure how fair it would be since everyone has previously left their +/- anonymously. There's no way to enable it from here on forward. All previous feedback would become public.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #60
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you'd have to wipe out any existing rep then, right? That might be cause for a revolt.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #61
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

A revolt might be exciting
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #62
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Frankly, I couldn't give a damn.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #63
Rob
Administrator

Can we just wipe out this site and pretend it never happened?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #64
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

It was all just a dream with lots of trolls, polls and the occasional leak.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #65
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Bullshit. Not one people gave a good reason for keeping it.

Other than their e-go needs it. Or something.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #66
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Where will I go?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #67
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post

Old 03-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #68
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Democracy sucks, doesn't it?
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #69
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Especially when people don't vote with their brain.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #70
Tim Simmons

Or when they do vote with their brain, but they don't realize their brain doesn't have what it takes.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #71
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Or when they do vote with their brain, but they don't realize their brain doesn't have what it takes.
Why do you care?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #72
Tim Simmons

Because its stupid.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #73
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Because its stupid.
Awesome answer. I'm gonna rep you ONE point
Old 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #74
Sweet_Lil_Gal
Tennessee Mongoose

Sweet_Lil_Gal will become famous soon enough

I got a negative rep point because I didn't agree that Ryan looked hot in a particular video; it's too arbitrary.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #75
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Define 'good reason'. I'd say Lukin's reason was damn good.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links