TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Beer

Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #101
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beer

I had never had a Sierra Nevada beer before this month, and dear lord. Both the Pale Ale and Torpedo Extra IPA are incredible.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #102
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the pale ale. I'm still burned out on all IPAs from two summers ago, but I've had it too. Both are great brews.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #103
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Top 50 Craft Brewers in America

The popularity of craft beers stateside has grown tremendously over the past few years, giving rise to some great new breweries all around the nation. The definition of a craft brewer, according to the Brewers Association, is as follows,

An American craft brewer is small, independent, and traditional.

Small: Annual production of beer less than 2 million barrels. Beer production is attributed to a brewer according to the rules of alternating proprietorships. Flavored malt beverages are not considered beer for purposes of this definition.

Independent: Less than 25% of the craft brewery is owned or controlled (or equivalent economic interest) by an alcoholic beverage industry member who is not themselves a craft brewer.

Traditional: A brewer who has either an all malt flagship (the beer which represents the greatest volume among that brewers brands) or has at least 50% of it’s volume in either all malt beers or in beers which use adjuncts to enhance rather than lighten flavor.

We have mapped the top 50 craft brewers in America based on beer sales volume.
Spoiler:
Old 07-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #104
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Gibba will become famous soon enough

Russian River and AleSmith do not have enough distributors, but if they did they would be high up there.

Bell's is my favorite on that list.
Gibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #105
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Speaking of Bell's, I had the pleasure of enjoying one of my favorite beers while in Michigan last week. An absolutely amazing beer.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #106
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibba View Post
Speaking of Bell's, I had the pleasure of enjoying one of my favorite beers while in Michigan last week. An absolutely amazing beer.

That is my #1. I have a couple left at home, and I'll be picking up some more when I'm in the states on the weekend. I also need to find myself some more Surly Furious.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #107
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I also need to find myself some more Surly Furious.
I heard a lot about that company and their IPA. Need to try and find that during my travels.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #108
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Two Brothers is a great brewer here in Illinois. You gotta try their beers.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #109
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dying for a Summit EPA.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #110
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

At 11am?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #111
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
I heard a lot about that company and their IPA. Need to try and find that during my travels.
http://www.surlybrewing.com/beer/sur...get-surly.html
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #112
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

surly iphone app.. I should've known
Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #113
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Quote:
With 99 IBUs, it's a crazy IPA, tons of flavor.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #114
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

anyone try beers from boulevard brewing in KC? I'll be there next week and want to try it out (or anything else good out there).
Old 08-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #115
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

I went on the brewery tour there back in April, and it was a short tour, but you get to try 4 or 5 of their beers for free. I haven't had one I didn't like from Boulevard. Their unfiltered wheat beer is probably my least favorite, but I'm not a big fan of wheats. It's their #1 seller, so a lot of people must like it.

I got a tasting pack and I'm fan of the Single Wide IPA and the Bully Porter the most. Their pale ale is quite good as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #116
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
At 11am?
Maybe?

More just in general. I need to bring some back to Tennessee next time.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #117
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I went on the brewery tour there back in April, and it was a short tour, but you get to try 4 or 5 of their beers for free. I haven't had one I didn't like from Boulevard. Their unfiltered wheat beer is probably my least favorite, but I'm not a big fan of wheats. It's their #1 seller, so a lot of people must like it.

I got a tasting pack and I'm fan of the Single Wide IPA and the Bully Porter the most. Their pale ale is quite good as well.
nice - will have to try a few while I'm out there.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #118
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

I had a few Fat Tires at Houston's in Kansas City. Best ribs I've ever had in my entire life.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #119
Whiskeytown 2
Let It Ride

Whiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura aboutWhiskeytown 2 has a spectacular aura about

Whiskeytown 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #120
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

Probably still tastes better than Coors Light.

Quote:
World's oldest beer recovered from shipwreck

Divers have recovered what's thought to be the world's oldest beer from a 200-year-old shipwreck in the Baltic Sea.

The find was made as researchers recovered drinkable Champagne from a Russian cargo ship which crashed in the 1780s.

The divers say they were surprised to find a handful of beer bottles during the salvage operation near the Aland Islands.

When one of the bottle just so happened to break, the divers tried some of the dark liquid and say they liked the taste.

However, experts doubt the old beer would still be drinkable… and that the divers might have been suffering from 'the bends' which could have impacted their taste-buds.
The oldest drinkable beer previously recorded dates from 1869.
http://newslite.tv/2010/09/03/worlds...covered-f.html
Old 09-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #121
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
I'm dying for a Summit EPA.
You and me both. Damn, I miss that beer.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #122
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

The best local brewery had a new seasonal out yesterday, and I picked some up. It's definitely one of the better double IPAs I've had:

Their Oktoberfest is coming out this week too, so I'm looking forward to drinking liquid autumn.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #123
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

I had people over and there were some left over Coronas. I might give them a whirl tonight and see if I can get through one.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #124
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed in you.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #125
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

I need to redeem myself tonight.
Sponsored Links