TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Horror Film Discussion & Recommendations

Old 07-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #251
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Horror Film Discussion & Recommendations

What's Kuso?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #252
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

I've pretty much watched Netflix crap.

I enjoyed Emilie recently. Seemed pretty well done. Still had a crush on the babysitter even though she was batshit crazy/evil.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #253
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
I've pretty much watched Netflix crap.

I enjoyed Emilie recently. Seemed pretty well done. Still had a crush on the babysitter even though she was batshit crazy/evil.
this one?

sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:52 AM   #254
GoodSkanky

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's the one.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #255
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

It Stains the Sands Red was a really fun movie. Not at all your average zombie film.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #256
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

I'll have to check it out
Old 08-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #257
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Darren Aronofsky's Mother! looks great

Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #258
an old love letter

I'm staying away from the trailers

but the posters look batshit insane i'm hyped

i don't think he'll ever top the wrestler but this one seems like it has a fighting chance
Old 08-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #259
gweeps
=

gweeps is a jewel in the roughgweeps is a jewel in the rough

Tobe Hooper has passed away at 74.

He made some fantastically gritty movies. Eaten Alive is one not to be missed.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #260
GoodSkanky

Ahh, I don't know Eaten Alive at all! Which of the Texas Chainsaw films did he do besides the original? I'm behind on this stuff.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #261
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
Ahh, I don't know Eaten Alive at all! Which of the Texas Chainsaw films did he do besides the original? I'm behind on this stuff.
the only other one he did was the 1986 sequel

lifeforce has always been a personal favorite

did not realize he directed billy idols dancing with myself music video
Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #262
an old love letter

bummer
Old 08-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #263
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Adam Wingard's Death Note (Netflix) was pretty disappointing. Manga often loses a lot in translation, but this just seems a lazy effort somehow. Casting is dodgy too.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #264
sleigher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I thought Adam Wingard's Death Note (Netflix) was pretty disappointing. Manga often loses a lot in translation, but this just seems a lazy effort somehow. Casting is dodgy too.
he did that?! wow!

the trailer looked terrible - hopefully he bounces back
Old 08-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #265
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
he did that?! wow!

the trailer looked terrible - hopefully he bounces back
There are a few scenes where his skill clearly shows, but overall it's a cheap-looking dud. They've dumbed the story down a lot, which might have been excusable if the new version was actually good on it's own merits. He's also made the lead character (Light Turner) a good guy, whereas in the original, he's not likable at all. That completely changes the dynamics of the story and makes it a lot less dark than the source material.

The entire film looks like it needed six months more work before they started the cameras rolling.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #266
Bart

Bart will become famous soon enough

#neverforget
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #267
an old love letter

Quote:
There are a few scenes where his skill clearly shows, but overall it's a cheap-looking dud. They've dumbed the story down a lot, which might have been excusable if the new version was actually good on it's own merits. He's also made the lead character (Light Turner) a good guy, whereas in the original, he's not likable at all. That completely changes the dynamics of the story and makes it a lot less dark than the source material.

The entire film looks like it needed six months more work before they started the cameras rolling.
Need to watch it but that's pretty disappointing

I love Wingard

Hopefully he goes back to you're next and the guest kinda things
Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #268
GoodSkanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
the only other one he did was the 1986 sequel

lifeforce has always been a personal favorite

did not realize he directed billy idols dancing with myself music video
I haven't seen Lifeforce in ages. Admittedly, I didn't like it at all, but to be fair, I was embarrassed watching it with my mom. That chick was naked for about an hour straight.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:48 AM   #269
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Knock Knock is directed by Eli Roth and stars Keanu Reeves, so I'm not sure why I was even surprised that it's a train wreck.

Still, the image of an anguished Keanu (emoting as hard as it's possible for Keanu to emote) screaming "FREE PIZZA!!!!" while being tortured by a couple of psycho nymphomaniacs will probably stay with me for a bit.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #270
GoodSkanky

I might need to see that...
Old 09-09-2017, 03:24 AM   #271
helen55

helen55 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will suggest some Horror shorts:

The Cabin: This (illustrated) short film is about a hiker who gets lost in a forest area. What he goes through is spine-chilling.

The Smiling Man: This horror short is based on a creepy-pasta. A chilled guy encounters a strange man during his midnight walk.

The Moonlight Man: A woman gets followed by an evil creature.

Don’t Look Away: What happens when she looks away from that weird man. Find out yourself.

Lights Out: (You probably know about the full feature film Lights Out. It is based on this short. Believe me, you would love this original piece.)

mama: (This horror short is considered one of the best ever made. It is really frightening and excellently made.) Their mom wants to hug them, but everything is wrong with her.
helen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #272
an old love letter

The lights out short is creepy af
Old 09-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #273
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old love letter View Post
The lights out short is creepy af
God yes. I don't scare easily, but that one lingered in my mind for ages. The movie was a bit of a let-down for me. What works brilliantly in a short seemed pretty drawn out over an entire movie and soon lost its fright factor.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #274
an old love letter

Quote:
God yes. I don't scare easily, but that one lingered in my mind for ages. The movie was a bit of a let-down for me. What works brilliantly in a short seemed pretty drawn out over an entire movie and soon lost its fright factor.
I agree.

Also the ending was terrible. Oh you're dealing with suicidal ideation? Kill yourself you're a burden to your family. So fucking terribly thought out and written
Old 09-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #275
Dowd
Sandwich Eater

Dowd is a jewel in the roughDowd is a jewel in the rough

Hoping to catch IT and mother! this weekend. Hoping both will be good.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Dowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links