TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 06-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #3026
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

“The lack of your empathy

(Don't bother me, bother me)

Your "Who me?" fake apologies

Your political science

Your stupid island alliance

{Don't bother me, bother me}

Your squatting at my place

Your grinning in my face

You fake punk jacket liar

Easy target, easy tiger

(Don't bother me, bother me)”
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #3027
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Can someone please tell me the difference between a real punk jacket and a fake punk jacket?
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #3028
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Can someone please tell me the difference between a real punk jacket and a fake punk jacket?
Nothing really, but RA loves wearing underground bands on his sleeve while being a very non-underground artist.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:04 AM   #3029
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
Nothing really, but RA loves wearing underground bands on his sleeve while being a very non-underground artist.
and being a fake ass phony whiny little bitch titty mother fucker!
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #3030
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalvenie View Post
“The lack of your empathy

Your "Who me?" fake apologies

Your political science

Your stupid island alliance

{Don't bother me, bother me}

Your squatting at my place

Your grinning in my face

You fake punk jacket liar

Easy target, easy tiger

(Don't bother me, bother me)”
i can’t imagine being so tapped out of ideas that you start writing songs about ryan fucking adams. ew jack white and ryan deserve each other.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #3031
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
i can’t imagine being so tapped out of ideas that you start writing songs about ryan fucking adams. ew jack white and ryan deserve each other.
That's kind of my thoughts on this matter. Lame ass.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #3032
raisemyglass
non smoker. happy.*

raisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to beholdraisemyglass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
Then the same could be said for Jason Isbell as well......
Old 06-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #3033
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyglass View Post
Then the same could be said for Jason Isbell as well......
except chaos and clothes is well written and expands on ryan’s imagery and metaphor to make a create an entirely new idea and jack’s song is a lame piece of shit name calling garbage.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #3034
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

I still prefer:

Quote:
Dead Leaves and the burning ground
When you I'm not around
30 letters in a mailbox when you know that you hear the sound
Know that you hear the sound
If you could a piano fall you could hear me coming down the hall
Meg White you do me alright
You do me anyway I want
Do me anyway I want
Yeah, Detroit they got some bands and they'll blow you're fuckin' mind
Volebeats, the White Stripes, maybe the Von Bondies or the Goldtime
Went down and met my friends said "Shit, I better stick around"
Poor Jack White he can't get no sleep since Mr. Ryan he come around
Since Mr. Ryan he come around
Mr. Jack you gonna get it back but you gonna have to wait your turn
Taking on everything you got and everything you wanna learn
Gonna take it all with me
Cause I'm feelin' like a cat
Don't got no alley, got a limousine, with money
How you like that Mr. Jack
Yeah, How do you like that
Old 06-25-2019, 04:04 PM   #3035
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

The Meg White line was always cringy. Extremely bad after this year.
Tim Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #3036
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough

I was in LA last week and stopped by Pax-Am. Stood outside for a solid 10 screaming in a cookie monster voice and shaking the gate. I wasn't let in, but I think I saw someone peek out from the blinds!!!
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #3037
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftzger View Post
I was in LA last week and stopped by Pax-Am. Stood outside for a solid 10 screaming in a cookie monster voice and shaking the gate. I wasn't let in, but I think I saw someone peek out from the blinds!!!
Thanks!
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:44 PM   #3038
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

His tour manager has shared this on her Instagram stories page.

dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #3039
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Even people unbothered by the accusations should see that this is a problem. He doesn't seem to understand that he's not gonna be welcomed back into the public eye without making serious amends.
folkjam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #3040
dtuck90

dtuck90 has a spectacular aura aboutdtuck90 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Even people unbothered by the accusations should see that this is a problem. He doesn't seem to understand that he's not gonna be welcomed back into the public eye without making serious amends.
Well according to the super fans page his manager is the one in the wrong
dtuck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:09 PM   #3041
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

jfc.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #3042
Neftzger

Neftzger will become famous soon enough

Digital from here on out, work in exile at Pax-Am. He's established enough that he could host his own songs on his website and just truly self release from here on out. I don't have a solution to him ever comfortably playing shows again. Maybe private events? Not enough income to sustain the 100 pinball machine lifestyle... but I bet he could still make quite a bit.
Neftzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:26 PM   #3043
Tim Simmons

If the pushback that we've seen in this thread the past few months and the people from other places are any indication, he'll still have a career and better than most touring musicians. It will probably be more akin to his 2001/2 level of popularity though (large clubs and small theaters). He's pretty much done with big theaters and select amphitheaters.

Of course he wants it like it was before the NYT piece. That ain't happening. Even if he honestly makes amends.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #3044
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
If the pushback that we've seen in this thread the past few months and the people from other places are any indication, he'll still have a career and better than most touring musicians. It will probably be more akin to his 2001/2 level of popularity though (large clubs and small theaters). He's pretty much done with big theaters and select amphitheaters.

Of course he wants it like it was before the NYT piece. That ain't happening. Even if he honestly makes amends.
until someone shouts something from the audience.
you think the stage walk-offs were bad before?
he will need an awfully thick skin that i dont think he's capable of having to get thru shows/hecklers - no matter how small the venue. even worse there honestly. tbd
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:44 PM   #3045
folkjam

folkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to allfolkjam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
Well according to the super fans page his manager is the one in the wrong
What is the super fans page? I only look on here and Reddit when I'm feeling masochistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post

I don't know how to really get a sense of how many people are sticking by him, because the numbers are small online. I always assume the fanbase is more unbothered by stuff like this, and it's just loud minorities on each end of the spectrum. But if he's only capable of booking clubs, I don't know that the promoters would find it worth the hassle. Ryan pissed off the fanbase of a huge star in Mandy and Phoebe Bridgers has become a big deal in the indie world. So he's got angry people on both sides of the coin. Even if it quiets down, it'll pop right back up when he tries to resurface. And there's no way he won't react.
folkjam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #3046
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough

Superfans is one of several FB groups. As a group they’re more pro Ryan despite the events of late.

I’m actually surprised how determined he sounds to want to work and return to whatever career he now may have, given everything that has gone down. Narcissism aside, he’s strikes me the type that would cut his nose off and sabotage himself further and destroy whatever he’s built up.

The ego is still there no doubt, which in small doses can be helpful. It might not be simple for him to accept fault and get proper help - but fuck, he’s got people trying to show him the easiest and right way to rebuild and he won’t even do that.
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #3047
Tim Simmons

I think he just wants his life to return to normal. I think anyone would. The strange thing is (And this is where the Narcissistic Personality Disorder comes into play), is just how unwilling he is to accept any responsibility and make amends. He could get some normalcy (and fans) back if he fucking owned it. Did therapy, Publicly and privately apologized, possibly correct what he did wrong, as well as strive to be an ally. Its alot, but people will forgive, if he changes.

I just don't think thats gonna happen.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #3048
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

I saw recently this quote:

Music has a strange morality code where Chris Brown is in the top 10, Anthony Kiedis is lauded, Jimmy Page revered and Ryan Adams is cancelled.

I mean so far what we know about Ryan´s "errors and sins" they´re laughable compared to others.
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #3049
Tim Simmons

wait, those dudes aren’t shit too? I feel like they have long been awful.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #3050
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever_etc7 View Post
I mean so far what we know about Ryan´s "errors and sins" they´re laughable compared to others.

If anyone is laughing at this they are a shit human being.
Sponsored Links