TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Movie Recommendations

Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Movie Recommendations

What's everyone been watching lately?
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Recommendations

Last move seen in theatre: Little Miss Sunshine
Last DVD watched: Match Point
Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Last DVD watched: Match Point

Was that good Woody Allen or the mediocre one? His last few films have been disappointing I think, but I haven't caught this one yet.

Last movie in theatre: You, Me and Dupree (not my choice). Awful - Owen Wilson's nose was the funniest thing in it.

On DVD: Audition - freaky Japanese horror film. It's pretty good if you like scary movies.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Last movie: Snakes on a Plane
Last DVD: The Grateful Dead - Still Alive & Well

Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Although the Dead thing was pretty messed up. They had two concerts; one from the early 80s/late 70s and one from the 90s. They kept changing concerts after every song and so the sound quality kept changing. And they didn't even say which two concerts they were! Still, I only got it for a fiver.:imp
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #5
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Yikes, realised I've not been to the cinema in yonks. Last film I watched was Dodgeball. Last serious film I watched was Downfall.
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:30 AM   #6
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone
Last movie: Snakes on a Plane
So you liked it? The pre-release internet hype was amazing.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

SOAP is amazing, everyone should go see it
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

last theather: little miss sunshine (the day after i saw SOAP)
rented: kiss kiss bang bang, tho i think i am renting brick tonight
Old 08-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
Was that good Woody Allen or the mediocre one? His last few films have been disappointing I think, but I haven't caught this one yet.

Last movie in theatre: You, Me and Dupree (not my choice). Awful - Owen Wilson's nose was the funniest thing in it.

On DVD: Audition - freaky Japanese horror film. It's pretty good if you like scary movies.
I think you should check it out...it's worth it.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan
So you liked it? The pre-release internet hype was amazing.
Yea, SOAP kinda rocked quite hard. Shite storyline, though. Samuel L. Jackson makes it totally worth the 105 minutes of your life and the ticket price. There's something about that mans voice...

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
Sydneyfan

OKay - I wasn't so keen on it - but I'm getting domestic pressure....and it sounds like its good.

Full marks to whoeever came up with the title for that film too.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

trappss1 is a jewel in the roughtrappss1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF
tho i think i am renting brick tonight
I just rented that one last weekend. I thought that it was excellent. The dialouge was interesting.

Anyone have any other dvd recommendations out there? I'm a little stumped.
trappss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
Sydneyfan

Code 46 with Tim Robbins and Samantha Morton is pretty good. Also the Solaris remake with George Clooney.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

last night capote, solid acting from PSH, kind of depressing
today inside man, solid flick
Old 09-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #15
finchattack

finchattack has a little shameless behavior in the past

Constant Gardener was all right...
finchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #16
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

I watched Gas Food Lodging again last night. Great movie.

Anyone see United 93? Is it well done? It's out on DVD here tomorrow, I might rent it.

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #17
Sydneyfan

I watched The Hills Have Eyes remake last night - it was unintentionally pretty funny. If there was an Oscar for Most Creative Use of Mutants, it would probably win.

I don't think I could watch United 93, even though its been getting great reviews.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 AM   #18
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchattack
Constant Gardener was all right...
reading the book, its solid
Old 09-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF
last night capote, solid acting from PSH, kind of depressing
today inside man, solid flick
I'm in the process of reading In Cold Blood right now so I am holding off on seeing Capote for now. I did see Inside Man in the theatres and really liked it. The Constant Gardener was also very good.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #20
Rob
Administrator

I saw Half Nelson last night. Killer flick. Amazing soundtrack.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:47 AM   #21
Sydneyfan

On DVD: Little Fish with Cate Blanchett. Fantastic film about battling drug addiction.

Cinema: Well, its not even released yet, but The Last King of Scotland - a biopic about Ugandan dictator Idi Amin - is getting rave reviews and there's already (very) early Oscar hype. The book it's based on is brilliant and the author wrote the screenplay; usually a good sign.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #22
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

two weekends ago i watched
lost in translation
requiem for a dream
intermission

kev
Old 09-29-2006, 01:23 AM   #23
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Just watched Lucky Number Slevin. Enjoyed it very much. The ending wasn't exactly a mystery but the plot was still very strong.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #24
Sydneyfan

I was really looking to seeing the new De Palma flick, The Black Dahlia until I started reading the rottentomatoes.com reviews. Apparently its awful. If anyone's seen it, let me know what you thought.
Its not released here for a couple of weeks yet.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #25
trappss1
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I was really looking to seeing the new De Palma flick, The Black Dahlia until I started reading the rottentomatoes.com reviews. Apparently its awful. If anyone's seen it, let me know what you thought.
Its not released here for a couple of weeks yet.
I haven't seen it but I was planning on going. Not good te hear that it is getting such bad reviews.
Sponsored Links

Tags
chug cock, movies, praise cock, recommendations, tby staple thread