TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > The National Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

The National to begin work on new album in October

Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
The National to begin work on new album in October

Quote:
For the first time, the band plans to to write together in the same room, as Berninger explained “We always work on little things and email back and forth. We have no idea whether it’s going to work or not, but that’s as far as we’ve got with the new record: trying to work out a plan and a different approach.”

“That might fail miserably, Berninger added, “but then we’ll try it a different way.”
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...um-in-october/
Old 06-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The National to begin work on new album in October

So new album in 2016?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #3
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Cool.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #4
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
So new album in 2016?
If they continue on the pattern of the last 3 albums then it'll be May 2016. Which sounds about right for starting work on writing it in Oct 2014.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
deertick
Chin up cheer up

deertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of lightdeertick is a glorious beacon of light

i cannot wait....! just when i think each new album is my favorite they always come out with one i like better than the prior
deertick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Scott Devendorf talks plans for the National’s seventh record
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/feat...witter#!ceVgtl

Quote:
I've heard you've got a heap of unreleased material, more stuff like “Rylan”... what are your plans for it? Do you have any as of yet?

There's no official plans. We recorded 20/30 tracks for the last record and still have them floating around. We record things and sometimes it becomes something, but sometimes it just falls by the wayside. “Rylan” we do really like, so we could reimagine it. We have tried. It's one of the few songs we played before the record was released, and then we recorded it and didn't really feel it. Sometimes the ones we expect to flourish don't, and the ones we don't end up as something real. It can a moving target. “Rylan” could see the light of day; once we've done something we don't often return to that unless it's taken into a new context. I sometimes forget how much we recorded during the last record. There were one or two that were good songs that didn't make the cut. Maybe one or two things that could turn into something... but then again, we do tend to start fresh. It's hard to say if “Rylan” will ever turn into anything.
Doesn't sound too hopeful. I really want a studio version of Rylan.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links