TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ryan Adams, abuse, the Stans, and people who believe no apology is good enough

Old 06-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #3051
New York Minute

New York Minute is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ryan Adams, abuse, and the Stans that love them.

He's talking about getting his career back. Sounds like the FBI isn't t charging him, because why else talk like that after 5 months. Not surprised there haven't been media stories.

As for that disgusting display of a private professional conversation, there was nothing narcissistic bout it. Just a man telling his manager what he wants and that he doesn't want to participate in what he aptly calls crap.

I'm leaving for good for real now. This forum makes me sick. So on that note,
P.S. Sydneyfan is a condescending cunt who is probably very fat and does not have one iota of power in her personal life and Tim is a bitchy bitch of a shell of a man.

Love,
A female fan who does not just follow the herd. Bye!
New York Minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:38 PM   #3052
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

ok.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #3053
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

So itís your managerís fault that the interventions organized didnít stick and Ďhealing crapí is uninteresting, got it Ry.

Itís also so disappointing that the remaining, outspoken stans are displaying the same ridiculous behavior Ryan has exuded throughout the years. A lazy ass cycle of Attack / Deflect / Play the victim, void of accountability or maturity.

Imagine being in a headspace to post as ANYM did above. I mean i loved the guys music, most of us did but really? like really?

Also isnít it fair to say Ryan can release anything new he wants to, book small shows, etc.? Itís so funny that weíre deemed as Sheep or Cancel Culture for exercising our right to not consume art from a 43 year old man who was naming a 15 year old fan girlís body parts and comparing himself to R Kelly over the internet.

Still cheering for Ryan to get healthy and try to make amends. Five months is a long time with a large opportunity cost that heís already missed.
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:41 PM   #3054
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

nailed it
Old 06-26-2019, 09:12 PM   #3055
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Minute View Post
He's talking about getting his career back. Sounds like the FBI isn't t charging him, because why else talk like that after 5 months. Not surprised there haven't been media stories.

As for that disgusting display of a private professional conversation, there was nothing narcissistic bout it. Just a man telling his manager what he wants and that he doesn't want to participate in what he aptly calls crap.

P.S. Sydneyfan is a condescending cunt who is probably very fat and does not have one iota of power in her personal life and Tim is a bitchy bitch of a shell of a man.

Love,
After only 9 posts?! Quality over quantity I guess. I'll read them and reflect on their deeper meaning while gently inhaling some NOS Wild Hope scented candles.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #3056
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
After only 9 posts?! Quality over quantity I guess. I'll read them and reflect on their deeper meaning while gently inhaling some NOS Wild Hope scented candles.
hee, I'd forgotten all about Wild Hope scented candles. Good times.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:06 AM   #3057
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

btw, I don't want to make a big deal about the "sign up/post twice/abuse people/flounce off" ridiculousness that's started popping up in this thread.
I couldn't care less what you say at me or about me. Tim seems to be copping the majority of it and while I can't speak for him, I suspect he's pretty thick-skinned too.

Andy's point above is spot on though. The longer this drama drags on, the more aggressive and overwrought a section of the fanbase seems to be getting.
Whatever floats your boat, but if you could vent your anguish elsewhere on the internet, that would be nice. Or perhaps get some fucking perspective and stop acting like 12 year olds.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:15 AM   #3058
Electricityscape

Electricityscape is on a distinguished road

Itís a bit weird she shared a private conversation. But I can understand he wants help from his manager to get his career back on track or start a new one. Iím not sure if Iím interested in it.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:34 AM   #3059
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

I think no matter what the circumstances are (or how frustrated she is), it’s shitty of his manager to post their private conversations publicly. I don’t think it would make me want to hire her if I were a musician.

I’m surprised to see his mindset though. I wonder if all these “failed interventions” took place before the NYT article or after? I felt like his last stint of rehab and the sobriety chips were more of a PR thing after his twitter rants against Mandy, to help his image before the albums. Too bad he doesn’t want to do it for himself and the people around him he’s hurt, or the ones that are still there trying to help.

Last edited by Knotnow; 06-27-2019 at 06:39 AM..
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #3060
Tim Simmons

Probably not the best move for her career wise, but she probably is a superhero for having put up with him through all this until the other day.

Also, it’s nice to have confirmation that Ryan has learned nothing is is still an awful fucking human being.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #3061
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotnow View Post
Too bad he doesnít want to do it for himself and the people around him heís hurt, or the ones that are still there trying to help.

I think this must be true for people who want to change / better themselves. Having other agendas intertwined is fleeting.

Ryanís honestly fortunate and has all the means to take the next steps towards recovery, both personally and career wise. It just appears he thinks itís up to others and is still choosing to act as if he is entitled to some other pathway.

This is literally no different than heís acted the last five years after he would publicly attempt to drag partners, musicians, band members, and fans, but then pivot to plead healing / forgiveness / a healthy lifestyle / etc. Itís just now instead of making a crack about JuliŠn eating too much lasagna he sent 3,214 text messages, including nudes to an underage fan.

I hope the stans can realize that heís a troubled dude and needs real fucking help before forcing out records just to appease their musical palate. I personally think if you asked Isbell, Tod, MM, Phoebe, xyz person heís hurt and the majority of fans, they would all say that they truly hope he can get healthy and find eventual peace. And just to level set, all heís done so far is shared a faux apology. Itís been five months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #3062
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Minute View Post

Love,
yeah! ride that fucking high horse on out of here!!!

thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:13 AM   #3063
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to beholdthebalvenie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
So itís your managerís fault that the interventions organized didnít stick and Ďhealing crapí is uninteresting, got it Ry.

Itís also so disappointing that the remaining, outspoken stans are displaying the same ridiculous behavior Ryan has exuded throughout the years. A lazy ass cycle of Attack / Deflect / Play the victim, void of accountability or maturity.

Imagine being in a headspace to post as ANYM did above. I mean i loved the guys music, most of us did but really? like really?

Also isnít it fair to say Ryan can release anything new he wants to, book small shows, etc.? Itís so funny that weíre deemed as Sheep or Cancel Culture for exercising our right to not consume art from a 43 year old man who was naming a 15 year old fan girlís body parts and comparing himself to R Kelly over the internet.

Still cheering for Ryan to get healthy and try to make amends. Five months is a long time with a large opportunity cost that heís already missed.
bravo buddy. great post.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #3064
Pound4ABrown

Pound4ABrown can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
wait, those dudes arenít shit too? I feel like they have long been awful.
And they are. And still have their careers, I think that was the point being made.
Pound4ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:29 AM   #3065
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pound4ABrown View Post
And they are. And still have their careers, I think that was the point being made.
Exactly!
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:25 AM   #3066
Tim Simmons

Well, they got in under the cancel gun (Though, Chris Brown is nowhere near as successful as he was before beating Rihanna, Jimmy Page basically does nothing and hasn't since the unplugged record 20 years ago, and Anthony Kedis is in the RHCP so that speaks for itself)
Old 06-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #3067
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anthony Kedis is in the RHCP so that speaks for itself)
HAHAHA!!!! Did Kedis get into this sort of trouble? I'd still think he sucks even he was free of all pervery.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #3068
paulie

paulie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
Moving on from this weirdness...

That Neal Casal interview dropped a couple days ago, and there's plenty of Cardinals talk. Absolutely nothing about Ryan's behavior, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9RfRBTMIWc
This was mentioned at the bottom of the YouTube page:

POSTSCRIPT:

We received some very welcome feedback regarding our handling of a portion of the interview where we discussed Ryan Adams' music. We want you to know we do not take this lightly and in no way shape or form condone his predatory, inappropriate and damaging behavior. We agreed with Neal and his management that we wouldn't talk about or comment on Ryan's personal situation during the interview, but would instead focus on Neal's experience and contributions, to highlight the musical creation during this period. If you were offended by this, we sincerely apologize. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time regarding this or anything else where we can improve. We look forward to being a part of the dialogue and process toward a better world for women and marginalized communities.

Lame, Neal. Be brave and address the situation.
paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #3069
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well, they got in under the cancel gun (Though, Chris Brown is nowhere near as successful as he was before beating Rihanna, Jimmy Page basically does nothing and hasn't since the unplugged record 20 years ago, and Anthony Kedis is in the RHCP so that speaks for itself)
Chris Brown is still signed to a major label.
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #3070
Pound4ABrown

Quote:
Cancel gun huh?
You are insufferable.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #3071
Pound4ABrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSkanky View Post
HAHAHA!!!! Did Kedis get into this sort of trouble? I'd still think he sucks even he was free of all pervery.
He is a junkie and womanizer.
Now Flea and John were accused of sexual assault back in like 89.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #3072
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
Chris Brown is still signed to a major label.
Yep. Blows my mind.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #3073
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
This was mentioned at the bottom of the YouTube page:

POSTSCRIPT:

We received some very welcome feedback regarding our handling of a portion of the interview where we discussed Ryan Adams' music. We want you to know we do not take this lightly and in no way shape or form condone his predatory, inappropriate and damaging behavior. We agreed with Neal and his management that we wouldn't talk about or comment on Ryan's personal situation during the interview, but would instead focus on Neal's experience and contributions, to highlight the musical creation during this period. If you were offended by this, we sincerely apologize. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time regarding this or anything else where we can improve. We look forward to being a part of the dialogue and process toward a better world for women and marginalized communities.

Lame, Neal. Be brave and address the situation.
Disagree. What's lame is having to apologize for talking about the music. There was no reason for Ryan's current situation to come up in that interview. None. And Neal doesn't have to omit a very significant part of his career/creative work because Ryan has issues.

It was a very tactful, informative interview and if you (not you just anyone) are offended by it then that's your problem.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #3074
Tim Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pound4ABrown View Post
Cancel gun huh?
You are insufferable.
fucking lol.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #3075
Pound4ABrown

Quote:
fucking lol.
You try too hard at being the standard bearer,
fucking Lol is right.
Sponsored Links