TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Old 08-04-2007, 03:56 AM   #76
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of
Re: Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Dad = Jim Bob
Mum = Michelle

kids = Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah & Jennifer.

Jedidiah? Poor kid
Old 08-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #77
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Hai guyz. Here's a new photographic picture:

All 17.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #78
Layne
word

Layne will become famous soon enough

CAN U SAY MORMAN...did I even spell that correctly...I don't think so..but they do look like a bunch of mormans
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #79
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Keeef has always seemed like a smart and pretty funny man to me...this book should have some great stories.

Quote:
ROLLING Stones guitarist Keith Richards has signed a deal reportedly worth more than $US7 million ($8.2 million) to write his autobiography, tracing his trek from cherubic choirboy to rock'n'roll survivor.

The memoir will hit stores late 2010, said New York-based publisher Little, Brown and Co, which joined with Britain's Weidenfeld & Nicolson to secure worldwide English-language rights.

Media reports said a bidding war had pushed the price above $US7 million, a hefty sum given that music-based books are traditionally not big sellers. Legendary guitarist Eric Clapton reportedly received a $US5 million advance for his upcoming memoir.

Richards, 63, will collaborate on the book with James Fox, author of the 1982 murder mystery White Mischief.

The Stones' guitarist becomes only the second member of the venerable band to write his memoir, following former bassist Bill Wyman, who wrote Stone Alone in 1990. Singer Mick Jagger started to write an autobiography, but soon got bored and abandoned the idea.

Richards has never been shy about expressing his opinions, with Jagger often bearing the brunt of his acerbic wit.

The guitarist got himself into big trouble with his family earlier this year when he claimed he had snorted the ashes of his dead father.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #80
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Cherubic choirboy - hard to imagine. Thanks for the article, C.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #81
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

This bit also made me laugh:

"Singer Mick Jagger started to write an autobiography, but soon got bored and abandoned the idea."

Ha, now that I can imagine.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #82
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I can't imagine Keith ever being innocent. In the words of Roy Slaven ( an Australian satirist/comedian):

Quote:
When Keith wrote "I met a gin-soaked bar room queen in Memphis", I believed it, and I believe she did try to take him upstairs for a ride, but I don't expect him to remember much about it.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #83
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
In the words of Roy Slaven ( an Australian satirist/comedian)When Keith wrote "I met a gin-soaked bar room queen in Memphis", I believed it, and I believe she did try to take him upstairs for a ride, but I don't expect him to remember much about it.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 AM   #84
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
This bit also made me laugh:

"Singer Mick Jagger started to write an autobiography, but soon got bored and abandoned the idea."

Ha, now that I can imagine.
Ooh, I have a Mick Jagger story! A couple of years ago a journalist friend of mine was staying at a very expensive hotel in Hong Kong (for free of course ) and went up to the roof to check out the pool. There, in all his glory, was Mick Jagger wearing a tiny pair of swimmers, lounging on a deck chair with no fewer than three aspiring actress/model types hovering around him. My friend said he was skinny, wrinkly and to quote her, "wouldn't get laid if he were carpet" except for the fact that he is Mick Jagger.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #85
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Ooh, I have a Mick Jagger story! A couple of years ago a journalist friend of mine was staying at a very expensive hotel in Hong Kong (for free of course ) and went up to the roof to check out the pool. There, in all his glory, was Mick Jagger wearing a tiny pair of swimmers, lounging on a deck chair with no fewer than three aspiring actress/model types hovering around him. My friend said he was skinny, wrinkly and to quote her, "wouldn't get laid if he were carpet" except for the fact that he is Mick Jagger.
Is he very wrinkly now? I can't even recall the last time I saw him on TV. Tiny swimmers.. that is so Mick.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #86
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Is he very wrinkly now? I can't even recall the last time I saw him on TV. Tiny swimmers.. that is so Mick.
She was talking about his body. She said it was all wrinkly and that he was incredibly thin. He's probably had work done on his face I would imagine.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #87
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

And in more must-know news.....

Quote:
A Swedish heavy metal fan has had his musical preferences officially classified as a disability. The results of a psychological analysis enable the metal lover to supplement his income with state benefits.

Roger Tullgren, 42, from Hässleholm in southern Sweden has just started working part time as a dishwasher at a local restaurant.

Because heavy metal dominates so many aspects of his life, the Employment Service has agreed to pay part of Tullgren's salary. His new boss meanwhile has given him a special dispensation to play loud music at work.

"I have been trying for ten years to get this classified as a handicap," Tullgren told The Local.

"I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

Roger Tullgren first developed an interest in heavy metal when his older brother came home with a Black Sabbath album in 1971.

Since then little else has mattered for the 42-year-old, who has long black hair, a collection of tattoos and wears skull and crossbones jewelry.

The ageing rocker claims to have attended almost three hundred shows last year, often skipping work in the process.

Eventually his last employer tired of his absences and Tullgren was left jobless and reliant on welfare handouts.

But his sessions with the occupational psychologists led to a solution of sorts: Tullgren signed a piece of paper on which his heavy metal lifestyle was classified as a disability, an assessment that entitles him to a wage supplement from the job centre.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metal style*. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labour market. Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a job interview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewers this piece of paper," he said.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #88
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

And suddenly every Heavy Metal fan moves to Sweden...
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #89
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Old 08-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #90
blueone

Someone ought to tell that man that there's a sock on his arm that's attracted to his left nipple.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:50 PM   #91
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
Someone ought to tell that man that there's a sock on his arm that's attracted to his left nipple.
It looks more like he's done something unspeakable to a ferret.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #92
blueone

Breast feeding?!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #93
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Breast feeding?!
Nice how he manages to keep it natural while still being an awesome heavy metal rock god.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #94
blueone

To Heavy Metal what Bruce Springsteen is for everything else?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #95
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:

To Heavy Metal what Bruce Springsteen is for everything else?
Not many people know this, but Bruce once breast fed an entire Cambodian orphanage while playing a 35 minute Blinded by the Light jam with the Big Man. True story.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #96
blueone

That's why Bruce has his own religion. He's a god.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #97
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

Heat index of 116 today. It hasn't been this hot in a long time.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #98
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Warm here too.

I'm asleep almost all the time now.

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #99
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

HEAT WAAAAAVE.
86 in minnesota?
for this long consistantly?
this shit is nuts.
now if only i wore shorts...

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #100
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

I wish it was 86 degrees.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links