TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Old 04-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #1251
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miscellaneous/Amusing News Items

Quote:
We should know that Sharia law has not brought injustice to women."
Well now, that is just so true it's impossible to argue against.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #1252
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

Atheist wins right to have baptism removed as he did not consent as a baby
ishellmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #1253
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

ishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to beholdishellmay is a splendid one to behold

The Ottawa Sun

Quote:
Laughter was what Gerry Moore heard on the other end of the phone line when he asked the insurance adjuster whether his policy would cover what had just happened.

Apparently the adviser hadn't heard many requests for coverage of damage caused by an amorous wild turkey running amok through a family room.
Story...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #1254
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Wild turkeys are scary to me. I've been accosted by them before.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #1255
Blindtiger

Blindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of lightBlindtiger is a glorious beacon of light

I like Wild Turkey on the rocks.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #1256
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
Wild turkeys are scary to me. I've been accosted by them before.
I got chased by geese once. I was so scared I leapt over a fence Bionic Woman style to escape.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #1257
the virginian
tby intelligentsia

the virginian has a spectacular aura aboutthe virginian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I got chased by geese once. I was so scared I leapt over a fence Bionic Woman style to escape.
I have a friend scared to death of pigeons. She lives in London and has a very difficult life.
the virginian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #1258
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I've been chased by geese on a golf course before. The turkey was in my parents' farmyard, and would jump and kick me with its muddy claws whenever I tried to get out of the car.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #1259
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the virginian View Post
I have a friend scared to death of pigeons. She lives in London and has a very difficult life.
I can imagine. I'm not worried by pigeons, although I made the mistake of trying to feed them in San Marco in Venice. I ended up under a mountain of the pooping, scratching little things.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #1260
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Seems like even Twitter can be useful at times.

Quote:
Hugh Jackman is now using Twitter for philanthrophic purposes, after last week's bungle when he renamed the Opera House the "Opera Center".

About 7am today, Jackman wrote on Twitter: "I will donate 100K to one individual's favorite non profit organization.Of course,you must convince me why by using 140 characters or less."

Since Jackman's call-out, responses have been posted at a rate of several per minute. Suggestions include Jackman giving the money to charities involved in homelessness, fighting disease, child welfare and in developing impoverished nations.

Charity groups were not deterred by the possibility Jackman, who has almost 36,000 people following him on Twitter, could be making the pledge as part of a public relations exercise.

"Quite possibly [it's a PR stunt] but at the end of the day a community organisation is going to get a significant amount of money that they wouldn't have otherwise got," said Philanthropy Australia CEO Gina Anderson.

"$100,000 is a large amount of money, he doesn't have to give it ... it's fantastic.

"On the other hand, $100,000 sounds like a lot of money to be making a decision about based on 140 characters."

Ms Anderson said the public pledge might also raise awareness for whatever charity received the donation.

"It's very important that people see others giving," she said.

"They might look at [Jackman] and say 'Why is he giving money there, why is that important?' ... it's a leadership role."

In a later tweet, Jackman wrote: "The more passion shown for your charity the better! Get the support of your friends and teach them the importance of giving."

Ms Anderson described the evolution of Jackman's pledge on Twitter, where hundreds of responses were pouring in each hour, as "fascinating to watch".

"I think it's exciting because it's using new media, and there's that connection with a new demographic and encouragement of personal participation," she said.

The use of new communications technology to entice charitable donations was an "emerging space", she said.

Other recent examples included online giving sites, and commercial organisations encouraging people to make small donations by ticking a box while making some other online transactions.

Jackman got into trouble last week over his use of Twitter after he mispelled "harbor" and renamed one of his hometown's most famous icons the "Opera Center".

He later put the error down his message becoming "translated by someone American in my office" after he relayed it over the phone.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #1261
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Groovy baby: Introducing the 'iPod' which plays music in the mother's womb

Music-loving mums-to-be could soon play tunes to their unborn child with a specially designed 'baby iPod'.

The gadget, called the B(l)aby, is a contoured belt that wraps around a mothers waist with three inbuilt vibration speakers that play music into her womb.

A digital MP3 player and USB adapter stitched into the belt’s fabric allow prospective parents to upload music or even record their own voices to play to the foetus as it grows.

The brainchild of Canadian design student Geof Ramsay is designed to take advantage of the ‘Mozart effect’, a theory that babies are born more intelligent if exposed to classical music during pregnancy.

‘Scientists have talked about music being a catalyst for an unborn child's mental growth for years,’ says Blaby creator design student Geof Ramsay.

‘This simple device just gives mothers a chance to try out that theory and also to help form a bond with their baby before they are even born.

‘Of course, classical music is what the experts have suggested be used, but there is nothing to stop you playing your favourite Beatles track or even Led Zeppelin.’

Babies cannot actually hear sounds while in the womb because it is muffled by the amniotic fluid, but they instead feel the vibrations created by sound waves.

The BLABY's inbuilt speakers are designed to safely transmit the vibrations through to the baby.

Geof said it can be synched with an Apple computer so users can record their voice or sing lullabies to the baby.

‘There is also evidence to suggest that feeling the parents' voices through the singing of lullabies during pregnancy creates a deeper communicable connection with the parents after birth,’ says Geof.

‘Also, as a friendly addition, there are three tiny massage mechanisms in the back of the contoured belt that provide the mother to be with a relaxing massage after a long day,’ he adds.

The device is currently in the prototype phase and has not yet been priced.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #1262
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
The Associated Press
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 04.20.2009

Tourists who want to put a hand or foot in each of four states at the Four Corners area are apparently off the mark — by about 2.5 miles.
According to readings by the National Geodetic Survey, the Four Corners marker showing the intersection of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah is about 2.5 miles west of where it should be.
The only place in the United States where four state boundaries come together was first surveyed by the U.S. government in 1868 during the initial survey of Colorado’s southern boundary line.
The intended location was 109 degrees west longitude and 37 degrees north latitude. But, because of surveying errors, the popular tourist spot is a bit off.
The accurate location would be downhill to the east of U.S. 160 in Colorado and northeast of the San Juan River as it flows out of New Mexico.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #1263
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04222009...ker_165622.htm

Quote:
MOTHER CHUCKER
PARK AVE. LAWYER DITCHES KIDS

A prominent Park Avenue lawyer was busted after tossing her bratty 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in the middle of a Westchester street and driving off, authorities said yesterday.

Madlyn Primoff, 45, a partner at the white-shoe law firm Kaye Scholer, pleaded not guilty Monday to endangering a child and was released.

The judge issued a temporary order of protection, barring her from seeing her kids, who were not hurt in the incident.

Primoff was driving the kids home to the family's $2 million spread in Scarsdale Sunday evening when they started acting up.

But instead of threatening to dump them at the side of the road and then biting her lip, Primoff actually went through with the unthinkable -- dropping them off in downtown White Plains, three miles from home, and driving off, cops said.

It was unknown if either of the girls had their cellphones with them.

According to the police report, the 12-year-old managed to catch up with the car, and Primoff let her back in, but left the 10-year-old behind.

A good Samaritan found the girl, who was visibly upset about losing her mom, bought her an ice cream, and called cops.

Shortly afterward, Primoff called the Scarsdale police from home to report that her daughter was missing. Cops told her to go to the White Plains Police Headquarters, where she was arrested.

Her lawyer, Vincent Briccetti, would say only that his client is "a great mother connected with a great family."

Her husband, Richard, at the door of the home yesterday evening, said, "We have daughters sleeping here. Why don't you guys knock off for the night?"

Madlyn Primoff -- who specializes in reorganizing troubled companies -- graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University and got her law degree from Columbia.

Richard, 47, is an attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission and got his law degree from Harvard.

Neighbors came to her defense.

"From the time I've known her, she has always been a fine mother," said one local resident.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #1264
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

That is so something I would do.
bruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #1265
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04222009...ker_165622.htm

Quote:
MOTHER CHUCKER
PARK AVE. LAWYER DITCHES KIDS

A prominent Park Avenue lawyer was busted after tossing her bratty 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in the middle of a Westchester street and driving off, authorities said yesterday.

Madlyn Primoff, 45, a partner at the white-shoe law firm Kaye Scholer, pleaded not guilty Monday to endangering a child and was released.

The judge issued a temporary order of protection, barring her from seeing her kids, who were not hurt in the incident.

Primoff was driving the kids home to the family's $2 million spread in Scarsdale Sunday evening when they started acting up.

But instead of threatening to dump them at the side of the road and then biting her lip, Primoff actually went through with the unthinkable -- dropping them off in downtown White Plains, three miles from home, and driving off, cops said.

It was unknown if either of the girls had their cellphones with them.

According to the police report, the 12-year-old managed to catch up with the car, and Primoff let her back in, but left the 10-year-old behind.

A good Samaritan found the girl, who was visibly upset about losing her mom, bought her an ice cream, and called cops.

Shortly afterward, Primoff called the Scarsdale police from home to report that her daughter was missing. Cops told her to go to the White Plains Police Headquarters, where she was arrested.

Her lawyer, Vincent Briccetti, would say only that his client is "a great mother connected with a great family."

Her husband, Richard, at the door of the home yesterday evening, said, "We have daughters sleeping here. Why don't you guys knock off for the night?"

Madlyn Primoff -- who specializes in reorganizing troubled companies -- graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University and got her law degree from Columbia.

Richard, 47, is an attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission and got his law degree from Harvard.

Neighbors came to her defense.

"From the time I've known her, she has always been a fine mother," said one local resident.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #1266
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_191899.html
Quote:
Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

Last week, Stephen Colbert revisited a segment he had done on Florida Representative Bill Posey, who sponsored a bill that "would require future presidential candidates to provide a copy of their original birth certificate," in order to put insane rumors of President Barack Obama's birthplace to bed.

Colbert thought a similar measure should be taken to end the whisperings that Posey was a human-alligator hybrid. Posey, in response to Colbert, said, "I expected there would be some civil debate about it, but it wasn't civil...There is no reason to say that I'm the illegitimate grandson of an alligator." And one wondered, "Does Posey not realize that Colbert is not speaking in earnest? His reaction seems uniquely stupid!"

Stupid, yes. But apparently it's not unique at all, according to a study from Ohio State University, which proves, with math and stuff, that lots of conservatives seem to not understand the intrinsic, underlying joke of The Colbert Report:

This study investigated biased message processing of political satire in The Colbert Report and the influence of political ideology on perceptions of Stephen Colbert. Results indicate that political ideology influences biased processing of ambiguous political messages and source in late-night comedy. Using data from an experiment (N = 332), we found that individual-level political ideology significantly predicted perceptions of Colbert's political ideology. Additionally, there was no significant difference between the groups in thinking Colbert was funny, but conservatives were more likely to report that Colbert only pretends to be joking and genuinely meant what he said while liberals were more likely to report that Colbert used satire and was not serious when offering political statements. Conservatism also significantly predicted perceptions that Colbert disliked liberalism. Finally, a post hoc analysis revealed that perceptions of Colbert's political opinions fully mediated the relationship between political ideology and individual-level opinion.

I think a lot of conservatives are going to pissed when they realize that Stephen Colbert's performance at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner was not, in fact, an awkward and ineffective attempt to praise President George W. Bush, but actually a bitter and satiric criticism of his incompetence!
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #1267
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Quote:
Survey Says: People Are Happier
The 2008 World Values Survey found that freedom of choice and tolerance—and not simply wealth—have lots to do with a rise in happiness

The World Values Survey, which has compiled data from 350,000 people in 97 countries since 1981, found Denmark to be home to the planet's most contented citizens (again) with Zimbabwe as the most miserable (again). Classic Scandinavian front-runners like Sweden and Finland were nudged out of the top 10 by Puerto Rico and Colombia. El Salvador placed a surprising 11th, beating out Malta and Luxembourg. Further down the list came the U.S., ranked in 16th place.

Directed by University of Michigan political scientist Ronald Inglehart and administered from Stockholm, the survey found that freedom of choice, gender equality, and increased tolerance are responsible for a considerable rise in overall world happiness. The results shatter the more simplistic and traditionally accepted notion that wealth is the determining factor, says Inglehart.

This year, the analysts were shocked by their findings. Reported happiness had actually risen in 40 countries and decreased in just 12. Inglehart, who has been involved in this research for 20 years, says the results defied conventional wisdom on the subject of happiness, which has held that levels remain more or less static. "We knew it couldn't happen," he says. "I said to myself, 'Do I dare report this?'"

Inglehart's team figured it needed a better explanation for the data. "Most of the earlier studies, including my own, were based on economic factors, which are something you can simply pull off a bookshelf and look up," he says. "If that's all you look at, then that's all you find."

What the survey found this year is that freedom of choice and social acceptance are the most powerful forces behind national moods. "Money's pretty powerful, but it's not the whole story," says Inglehart, though he maintains that a strong correlation still exists between high standards of living and happiness measures.

Generally, a rising global sense of freedom in the last quarter-century has eclipsed the contribution of pure economic development to happiness, he says. This is especially evident in developed countries with stable economies, where the freedom of choice gained through wealth has made people happier—not necessarily the wealth itself.

What's more, "there are diminishing returns to economic progress," Inglehart says. In poorer countries, happiness can be linked to solidarity among tight-knit communities, religious conviction, and patriotism, which probably explains the happiness of some relatively poor Latin American countries, he says.

Social tolerance is another important factor in how happy a country rates itself. Over the last quarter-century, growing gender equality and acceptance of minorities and homosexuals has played a major role in those European countries found to be the most content. No. 7-ranked Switzerland, for instance, has elected two women as head of state in the last 10 years, while No. 4-ranked Iceland has recently passed laws guaranteeing virtually all the same rights to gay couples that married couples enjoy. "The less threatened people feel, the more tolerant they are," says Inglehart. Tolerance simply has a rippling effect that makes people happier.

While Inglehart does not profess to know the true secrets of happiness, he says that this most recent study has made the picture a bit clearer. In his opinion, benevolence and expressions of gratitude appear to be subtle but powerful ways to bring happiness into one's life and to extend it. Religion and solidarity in the community play a big role in this, he says, but any positive belief system can help. "Latin America seems to understand this," he says.

"In the old days I would have told you to work hard and save your money," says Inglehart. "It's different today. I just haven't nailed it down yet."
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #1268
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Meet Brutus, the 800lb grizzly bear who likes to eat his meals at the dinner table
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #1269
ishellmay
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

double post awesome

Last edited by ishellmay; 05-01-2009 at 03:10 AM..
Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #1270
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruit View Post
That is so something I would do.
my mum did.

my sister and i were fighting and she threatened to let us out on the side of the road and drive away, we didn't believe her and kept fighting so she did it.

i figured she'd drive around the block, give us a scare and then pick us up again within a minute or so. but nope... she drove off and ran her errands and was gone for what seemed like ages before she came back.
my sister started bawling the minute she drove away but i made her shut up saying that mum would think it had "worked" if we cried, so we played clapping games and made daisy chains on the foot path until she eventually came back. (mobile phones weren't even invented back then either )

she's really fucking lucky we didn't wander off or get abducted. i'm pretty sure if i brought it up now she'd regret it deeply. i'm not mad at her for it since she wasn't well at the time with depression/bi polar so it's not really her fault even though it was a pretty weird/scary thing to do to your kids.
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #1271
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Don't panic, though. I'll spoiler it.
Spoiler:
Quote:
EU quarantines London in flu panic
There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.

Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) has raised the alert to phase six, its highest level, and advised governments to activate pandemic contingency plans.

In Mexico, the epicentre of the outbreak, President Felipe Calderon urged people to stay at home over the next five days.

There are many cases elsewhere - including the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Israel, and New Zealand.

BBC health correspondent Mark McGrith says the raising of the WHO alert on Wednesday suggests a global epidemic, or pandemic, is imminent.

In the latest developments:

* The Netherlands confirms its first case of zombie swine flu, in a three-year-old boy recently returned from Mexico. After passing away early this morning, he rose from the dead and lunged at his mother.

* Ghana has become the latest country to ban pork imports as a precaution against swine flu, though no cases have been found in the West African country

* China's health minister says that the country's scientists have developed a "sensitive and fast" test for spotting swine flu in conjunction with US scientists and the WHO. The country has recorded no incidence of the flu yet. There methods, however, have been uneffective in spotting the H1Z1 strain.

At the meeting of health ministers in Luxembourg, a French proposal for a continent-wide travel advisory for Mexico will be discussed.

It is unclear whether the EU executive has the power to impose a travel ban.

Several countries have restricted travel to Mexico and many tour operators have cancelled holidays.

Other members are resisting calls to implement travel bans or close borders, on the grounds - backed by the WHO - that there is little evidence of their efficacy.

The EU ministers will also try to agree on how to refer to the new virus.

The European Commission has been calling it "novel flu", replacing the word "swine" to avoid prompting a fall in demand for pork and bacon.

On Wednesday, Egypt began a mass slaughter of its pigs - even though the WHO says the virus was now being transmitted from human to human.

It is fake.
But still, be prepared in case. Then you should all come to my place looting liquor, ammunition, and seeds on the way.

Last edited by robotulism; 05-01-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #1272
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

HELL YEAH!!

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #1273
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishellmay View Post
Groovy baby: Introducing the 'iPod' which plays music in the mother's womb

Music-loving mums-to-be could soon play tunes to their unborn child with a specially designed 'baby iPod'.

The gadget, called the B(l)aby, is a contoured belt that wraps around a mothers waist with three inbuilt vibration speakers that play music into her womb.

A digital MP3 player and USB adapter stitched into the belt’s fabric allow prospective parents to upload music or even record their own voices to play to the foetus as it grows.

The brainchild of Canadian design student Geof Ramsay is designed to take advantage of the ‘Mozart effect’, a theory that babies are born more intelligent if exposed to classical music during pregnancy.

‘Scientists have talked about music being a catalyst for an unborn child's mental growth for years,’ says Blaby creator design student Geof Ramsay.

‘This simple device just gives mothers a chance to try out that theory and also to help form a bond with their baby before they are even born.

‘Of course, classical music is what the experts have suggested be used, but there is nothing to stop you playing your favourite Beatles track or even Led Zeppelin.’

Babies cannot actually hear sounds while in the womb because it is muffled by the amniotic fluid, but they instead feel the vibrations created by sound waves.

The BLABY's inbuilt speakers are designed to safely transmit the vibrations through to the baby.

Geof said it can be synched with an Apple computer so users can record their voice or sing lullabies to the baby.

‘There is also evidence to suggest that feeling the parents' voices through the singing of lullabies during pregnancy creates a deeper communicable connection with the parents after birth,’ says Geof.

‘Also, as a friendly addition, there are three tiny massage mechanisms in the back of the contoured belt that provide the mother to be with a relaxing massage after a long day,’ he adds.

The device is currently in the prototype phase and has not yet been priced.
With the music some parents would play, this could result in child abuse before the poor kid's even born.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #1274
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

http://doihaveswineflu.org/
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #1275
robotulism
lamest gamer

http://www.cracked.com/article_16785...-are-true.html

Retarded food myths the internet thinks are true.
Sponsored Links