work and sleep

Factory girl will become famous soon enough
Re: Ryan Adams art opening in NYC on Sept. 23rd

the debut is my birthday! what a gift that would be
Factory girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #27
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
When Ryan thinks boobs, he thinks TBY
When I think of TBY, I think of boobs.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #28
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Gimme a second, I'll find something.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #29
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

I'll check it out.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #30
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

RA responding to a comment about the likely sale price for his paintings.
Also, Rob, can we have a TBY portal? Failing that, a space ship? Thx.

Quote:
nope- I am hoping we do things the old fashioned way and auction. meanwhile, I will try and hook up anybody willing to donate some bucks to those folks who are really down and out.
It's a good cause, good as any. Thanks everybody for their interest. I will totally be connecting anybody who wants to know what is up to the space there.
Also, if everything goes according to plan, you guys should already have a "portal" of your very own by then. You won't even have to leave from here if you don't want to I hope.
Anyway thank you because Housingworks totally needs support every year and I am glad to be a part of that.
XX
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I never have any idea what he's talking about.
hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #32
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildegoat View Post
I never have any idea what he's talking about.
That's what makes him so fascinating. That and the promise of portals.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #33
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Like, a Donnie Darko-type portal?
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #34
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy031 View Post
Like, a Donnie Darko-type portal?
Or maybe like the one inside John Malkovich's head. Except I don't think I would want to enter a portal into RA's head. That might be confusing.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #35
suzfoldsfive
Phantom Eyes

suzfoldsfive is just really nicesuzfoldsfive is just really nice

Quote:
Some of the artworks that will be on display I guess.

http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/...tographerID=90
That last painting shown there is really cool. You go, Ryan.

On here it says "3 weeks prior to the opening" and on the website it says "2 weeks prior to the opening" that Ryan will be hanging out and painting. Just FYI.

and i'm not gonna break, but if i do
i'm gonna shatter like the glass i turned your heart into
suzfoldsfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #36
ffarff

ffarff is on a distinguished road

im not a fan of his art but then im a bit particular.

im hope he's still using cardboard though. i quite like that idea.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #37
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
I think FF would be a good candidate for continuing the fine TBY tradition of flashing Ryan with TBY painted across her bare chest, like I did at Letterman.
Hey, if it means I get the chance to shine a positive light on TBY sign me up....and buy me a bottle of vodka.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #38
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Fire View Post
Hey, if it means I get the chance to shine a positive light on TBY sign me up....and buy me a bottle of vodka.
I'm on it.

Would you also like some body paint? We might even have in in TBY brand. I believe it was a buy one get one free day when we ordered the pepper spray.
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #39
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
I'm on it.

Would you also like some body paint? We might even have in in TBY brand. I believe it was a buy one get one free day when we ordered the pepper spray.
I'm not so sure I'd trust the TBY brand. Is it non-toxic? Easy to remove? I dont want to walk around with TBY painted on my chest for 3 months.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Um, no. I requested semi permanent. Really sends the message.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #41
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

Leave it to Ryan to take me way off topic. I was excited about the paintings, but now all I can think about is a portal.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #42
Sydneyfan

Because I don't want FF to waste time flashing the boobz if Ryan isn't going to be around to see...

Quote:
Just to clarify ( if I am capable of that at this hour ha ) I won't be painting "LIVE" - what they mean by in residence is that some of the pieces are too big or too many not to make in house or at least to finish in-house. But for the actual show itself everything will be all done.
Can you imagine that shit though- "live painting" HA- that is some bob ross if he was the opposite of calm mofo stuff right there. I am way too biologically-burn neck to ever pull something like that off.
It's a lot of work already too- the back half of the gallery is stuff some people saw being made when I was oversharing my ass off on the AmphetamineCave at tumblr for how ever long.
Thank god I don't have to take that shit anymore. No more uphill upside down climb over yourself backflip then do it again in Europe tours.
well...not this month anyway
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #43
Sydneyfan

Another thing... I thought he was clean apart from dope when he was on tumblr? Or am I getting my RA timeline wrong?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #44
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Another thing... I thought he was clean apart from dope when he was on tumblr? Or am I getting my RA timeline wrong?
I thought this too.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #45
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

me too, but maybe he is talking about other posters....i recall a lot of all-be-it OTC meds for various disoders.
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #46
HunterdonPete
should be outside

HunterdonPete is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed DR. Adams has an affinity for using those bright circle stickers (hey, that'd be a decent band name).
By the way, the mighty DR are initials--not a degree. Though some may say he deserves an honorary one.
HunterdonPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #47
ferris wheel junkie
the hell is thish words??

ferris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud offerris wheel junkie has much to be proud of

who would say that?
ferris wheel junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #48
HunterdonPete
should be outside

HunterdonPete is an unknown quantity at this point

I would. George Burns got and honorary degree when he was alive.
DR. Adams is even more talented.
HunterdonPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #49
robotulism
lamest gamer

Valentino Rossi got an honorary doctorate. To go with his title "The Doctor." He crashed and couldn't race today.

I know this is not really related, but I don't have anyone else to talk to about my crush on him. Maybe I should join a MotoGP messageboard.

What would RA get a degree in? Public speaking?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #50
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post

What would RA get a degree in? Public speaking?
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
art, new york city, nyc pretentious fucks, ryan is an artiste