TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

RA & TC playing Enmore Theatre, Sydney on AUGUST 23

Old 06-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
RA & TC playing Enmore Theatre, Sydney on AUGUST 23

I dunno, but I just read this over at the alt-org

Quote:
Not sure if this has already been posted.. Ryan is advertised in this week's BRAG to be playing at the Enmore in Sydney on Thursday August 23.. not yet on the Enmore or ticketek sites, does anyone have any further details??
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RA & TC playing Enmore Theatre, Sydney on Aug 23?

Update: Just spoke with the PR guy at the Enmore. It's not official, but it is 99% happening at this stage and it will be on AUGUST 23

Tickets will go on sale JULY 6th.

So, NOT confirmed but looking very good indeed.

edit: PR guy hadn't had his coffee or sumthink
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of
Re: RA & TC playing Enmore Theatre, Sydney on JULY 6th

Yay very happy for you guys. July 6th though? That's surprisingly soon!

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
That's what I thought too......hopefully the guy isn't mistaken
Old 06-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
Sydneyfan

Quote:
I spoke with him again a second ago.....he got his wires crossed. July 6th is the day tickets go on sale.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all
Re: RA & TC playing Enmore Theatre, Sydney on AUGUST 23

Now Adelaide just needs to be added. Congrats C and J and all the other siders.
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #7
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
I spoke with him again a second ago.....he got his wires crossed. July 6th is the day tickets go on sale.
Ah ok. I was gonna say less then 2 weeks away seemed so soon. Glad Ryan came through for you guys.

last.fm
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by la twinkle View Post
Now Adelaide just needs to be added. Congrats C and J and all the other siders.
Fingers crossed for you, twinkle!

last.fm
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Ah ok. I was gonna say less then 2 weeks away seemed so soon. Glad Ryan came through for you guys.
He said he had already had quite a lot of people ringing today asking about this - so it looks like those tickets are going to be in demand.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by la twinkle View Post
Now Adelaide just needs to be added.
Fingers crossed for you
Old 06-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
He said he had already had quite a lot of people ringing today asking about this - so it looks like those tickets are going to be in demand.
I'm sure they will be. When was the last time he was in Sydney? Is the theater a decent size?

last.fm
Old 06-24-2007, 10:23 PM   #12
Sydneyfan

Quote:
I'm sure they will be. When was the last time he was in Sydney? Is the theater a decent size?
Last time was for the Cold Roses tour. The Enmore is a nifty little venue - I used to live just around the corner from it and right now I am wishing I still did.

It's the oldest theatre in NSW apparently, and probably has a capacity of around 2000 plus. Its got good atmosphere, lots of Art Deco architectre etc.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #13
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
It's the oldest theatre in NSW apparently, and probably has a capacity of around 2000 plus. Its got good atmosphere, lots of Art Deco architectre etc.
Sounds excellent.

last.fm
Old 06-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #14
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

I'm so excited!! (even if it's not yet properly confirmed)
Old 06-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post

I'm so excited!! (even if it's not yet properly confirmed)
J, from what the Enmore guy was saying, it's pretty much guaranteed to happen at this point.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #16
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Alright!!
I just ran up and down the hallways in excitement. I'll go do it again. Everybody at my workplace is so sick of hearing about RA.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
Sydneyfan

Go girl!

I wonder whether we are going to get the same show he's been doing of late (dark stage, short sets, no talkies etc) or something else? I hope something else.

I'm not sure how a local audience would react to his current low key approach.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #18
Starlite
Yay.

Maybe he'll do something different. It's still 2 months away, so he may be sick of the current set-up by then.
Hopefully his wrist will have healed too.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 AM   #19
Sydneyfan

According to a post over at the alt-org, producers from the new Mick Molloy show have been trying to line RA up for an interview while he is in Melbourne. However, no Melbourne date has been confirmed as yet.

It must happen though, nobody flies all the the way to Oz just to play one night in Sydney.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #20
Sydneyfan

Personally, I would pay a fair bit of money to see Molloy interview Ryan. Could be um, interesting.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #21
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Personally, I would pay a fair bit of money to see Molloy interview Ryan. Could be um, interesting.
To say the least.
On top of that, Ryan would need an interpreter in order to understand Mick.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #22
Starlite
Yay.

It's not listed on the Enmore's website yet, but it is listed on yourgigs.com.au:
http://www.yourgigs.com.au/venue/?83457
Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 AM   #23
Sydneyfan

Quote:
To say the least.
On top of that, Ryan would need an interpreter in order to understand Mick.
Long have I loved Mick Molloy.

He would probably try to convince RA about the comfort benefits of trackie daks or get him to sing a Guy Sebastian song.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #24
Starlite
Yay.

Fact: I automatically associate the name Mick Molloy with trackie daks.

RA would be like "Tracky whaaa?" "Um, fair dilinkum?"
Old 06-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #25
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Fact: I automatically associate the name Mick Molloy with trackie daks.

RA would be like "Tracky whaaa?" "Um, fair dilinkum?"
No one wears or understands the daks like Mick.

I think a Molloy - Adams interview would either be hugely entertaining or the shortest television interview in history. Either way, it wouldn't be dull.
Sponsored Links