TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Ryan Adams Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

Enmore Theatre, Sydney Australia, August 23 2007

Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Enmore Theatre, Sydney Australia, August 23 2007

Dear Ryan.
Please turn the lights up a bit (I promise not to stare) and play The End.
Thanks.

Setlist:

Set 1 - 9.18pm
Goodnight Rose
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Mockingbird
Wild Flowers
Cold Roses
Dear John
Peaceful Valley (he inserted the line "will people shut the fuck up when I'm trying to sing")
Off Broadway

10 min Break

Set 2 - 10.20pm
Blue Hotel
Magnolia Mountain
What Sin (absolutely incredible!)
Trouble On Wheels
Arkham Asylum
A Kiss Before I Go
Easy Plateau ('my head ain't filled with nothing but Spacewolf and kangaroos') - just went on forever, with Brad hitting the drums and allowing the drumstick to fly in the air before catching it .

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 08-23-2007 at 05:40 PM..
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of
Re: Enmore Theatre, Sydney Australia, August 23 2007

I hope you get a kickass show Syd! You deserve it.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrigidRoses View Post
I hope you get a kickass show Syd! You deserve it.
Thanks, I'm sure we will. We'll try to get the setlists/reviews to you guys as soon as we can.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
Hopeeee

Hopeeee is an unknown quantity at this point

The End is always 'magic'
you will more than likely get it. Peaceful Valley was awesome in Melbourne chances are you'll get that too.
Fingers crossed you get more light and if you don't well at least you know what to expect....and that it if it's dark in the beginning it will be dark by The End.
Hopeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Dear Ryan.
Thanks.
Dear Ryan,
I won't mind too much if it's dark, but please play Shakedown.
Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
Dear Ryan,
Thanks.
Dear Ryan,

Also, please wear a cowboy hat for Quincy.
Thanks, love your work.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

Sorry?
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Confused again.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #9
Quincy
1up

Quincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud ofQuincy has much to be proud of

when am I not?

Sorry?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
la twinkle

la twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to allla twinkle is a name known to all

Have a great night C and J and everyone else who goes tonight. Enjoy!
la twinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #11
Starlite
Yay.

Starlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud ofStarlite has much to be proud of

RED cave! My face is so melted. So amazing my heart is still racing. I was sitting right in front of the speakers

Set 1 - 9.18pm
Goodnight Rose
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Mockingbird
Wild Flowers
Cold Roses
Dear John
Peaceful Valley (he inserted the line "will people shut the fuck up when I'm trying to sing")
Off Broadway

10 min Break

Set 2 - 10.20pm
Blue Hotel
Magnolia Mountain
What Sin (absolutely incredible!)
Trouble On Wheels
Arkham Asylum
A Kiss Before I Go
Easy Plateau ('my head ain't filled with nothing but Spacewolf and kangaroos') - just went on forever, with Brad hitting the drums and allowing the drumstick to fly in the air before catching it .

No encore

Ryan was not in a talkative mood, but he rocked so hard all night.
At the end of the first set, told us to learn to behave before the 2nd set. Before announcing Easy Plateau, he thanked us for attending and stuck up his thumb telling us that we had done a good job. Sarcasm? I'm not sure.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
Quincy
1up

Cool, Arkham back in the setlists.

Sorry?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #13
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Dear Ryan.
Thanks.
Nope.
Quote:
Dear Ryan,
Thanks.
Nope.
Quote:
Dear Ryan,
Also, please wear a cowboy hat for Quincy.
Thanks, love your work.
Nope.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #14
Starlite
Yay.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #15
FrigidRoses
Choke

FrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud ofFrigidRoses has much to be proud of

That sucks you didn't get Shakedown.
FrigidRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Sounds awesome, J! Glad you had a good time, thanks for posting the setlist and the poster!

last.fm
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #17
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrigidRoses View Post
That sucks you didn't get Shakedown.
I have one more chance tomorrow night
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #18
Kevin McF
It's Not Me, It's You

Kevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to allKevin McF is a name known to all

Quote:
nice poster
Kevin McF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #19
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have one more chance tomorrow night
Fingers crossed!

last.fm
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #20
Starlite
Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McF View Post
nice poster
I like the Melbourne one better
Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #21
Sydneyfan

Eh, there is no way to say this nicely so I'm just going to be honest.

Any chance this show had of being great for me disappeared with the ridiculous lighting and the fact that the couple of times RA even bothered to acknowledge the crowd he acted like a pissy 12 year old girl.

Yes, the songs sounded great, but the whole "I don't want to be here vibe" that Ryan put out just killed it for me.

People were obviously put off by the dark stage and to me it was incredibly annoying. But when some girl yelled out "Turn the light on" Ryan suddenly regained the power of speech, makes some vaguely threatening comment about how we should behave and then walked off.
Then no speakies for the second half either, except a nasty little sarcastic comment at the end about how we had "Done a good job".

Then he just walked off, hopefully to get something for his PMS before tonight's show. To their credit, the Cardinals did give the crowd a wave, although they may have been signalling for help. It was kind of hard to tell in the dark.

Peaceful Valley and What Sin sounded especially great. Very nice harmonies. It was just a pity about the attitude. Ryan didn't want to be there last night, and by the end of the show, I'd kind of lost interest too.

Seemed to be lots of unhappy punters after the show as well.

Sorry this wasnt more positive, but it's how I saw the night.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #22
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Sorry you were disappointed, C. Thanks for your honesty though. There's been a lot of negative posts on RAA as well.

last.fm
Old 08-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #23
Factory Boy
BJ's Booze Buggy.

Factory Boy will become famous soon enough

Yep, mixed feelings at RAA. The lighting definitely seems to be getting lots of people down.
Factory Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #24
Sydneyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Sorry you were disappointed, C. Thanks for your honesty though. There's been a lot of negative posts on RAA as well.
I'm not surprised. Walking back to my car after the show, the crowd were really scathing. The word "shit" was being used a lot. I'm really glad Jess enjoyed the show, and I'm sure plenty of otheres did as well, but I think its safe to say there were more than a few unhappy campers after last night.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #25
foggy
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
I'm not surprised. Walking back to my car after the show, the crowd were really scathing. The word "shit" was being used a lot. I'm really glad Jess enjoyed the show, and I'm sure plenty of otheres did as well, but I think its safe to say there were more than a few unhappy campers after last night.
Sounds like it yeah, it's a shame. Like FB said, the lighting seems to be a big issue, which is understandable really, you are paying for the entire experience, which includes actually seeing the band.

last.fm
Sponsored Links