Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #12
dmorgan1

dmorgan1 will become famous soon enough
Re: Alt-Country R. Kelly: The Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
I do think people sometimes exploit legitimate heightened awareness as an excuse to be offended about anything and everything, but that's clearly not the case with this. Like Balvenie said, I can't imagine being Ava's parent and not wanting blood.

Anyway, Jenny Lewis' new song is out and they completely went out of their way to avoid acknowledging Ryan. That guitar work is so clearly his. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-youth-808646/

And once again a female artist is only as good as the male contemporaries who accompany her on this track. This is one of the legitimate reasons women are so poorly represented in the music business.

Donít get me wrong, this is an all time backup band if there ever was one. And Iíll admit I was stoked when I saw Jenny and Ryan putting Instagram videos up of the recording back in 2017 - I couldnít wait to hear the album.

Sure itíll help Jenny sell a few units -- but music journos seem to take pleasure validating female artists when they have the opportunity to flex their own music credentials and approval by highlighting those notable musicians with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmorgan1 is offline   Reply With Quote